Is Guerrilla Bob more strategic and laidback than Minigore?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by MasterChief3624, Feb 5, 2010.

1. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    I like Minigore, but I'm getting kind of sick of it to be honest. I don't like the cycle of running around in a panic and shooting all the monsters around me every round. 8,000 kills in and I'm getting kind of tired of it already.

Guerrilla Bob I've heard is a twin-stick shooter as well, but it seems like there may be more to it than just mindless running and gunning. It seems like there are actual levels to navigate, and maybe even a fun little story thrown in there.

If nothing else, it looks like there is some more tactical stuff involved, in dodging bullets and such. It looks like it is a bit more varied than Minigore, and possibly a better buy overall.

So this leads me into my question: Is Guerrilla Bob worth getting if I don't enjoy the repetitiveness of Minigore? Is it more varied and strategic than Minigore?

Also, are there ever huge numbers of enemies to defeat all at once?

2. Hmar9333

Hmar9333 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Book Salesperson/Student
    Melbourne, Australia
    #2 Hmar9333, Feb 5, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2010
    Err... yes and no, it's different enough that you'll still probably enjoy it a fair bit even if you're bored of Minigore.

They're both worth owning, but I've not really played Guerilla Bob that much after beating the campaign mode.

Ultimately, I think you should buy it, it's good, but I do still feel like Minigore is more... addictive? Entertaining? it's difficult to explain.

3. merkamerka

merkamerka Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2010
    I find Guerrilla Bob to have no goal, no point, and it's also boring on hard/easy mode. There's alot of flaws and it definately isn't better than minigore as far as playability and dual stick shooters go. Honestly I wouldn't suggest it.

4. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    I have to agree with this. I felt I got my money worth. After beating the game and playing survival a few times... well...umm...other than I enjoyed the appearance by John Gore thats really it.

Minigore in its own right is better (for me at least) is simple, funny, great artwork, gives a since of accomplishment with constant characters to unlock, established, addictive, and straight to the point.

5. playn

playn Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Australia
    ep4 will change your opinion on minigore getting boring ;)
    guerilla bob is good, but its not much of a strategic game, minigore is more strategic. you cant really 'lay back' in either game but if you had to choose one it would be minigore. guerilla bob is good dont get me wrong, but i think minigore is better. if your willing to spend the money tho you may as well buy it

6. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    That's because Minigore is old and you've played it to death, while Guerilla Bob is new.

7. MasterChief3624

Oct 11, 2009
    I haven't played it to death.. I just downloaded it back when Episode 3 came out, and didn't start playing "heavily" until just a couple weeks ago, and I've only logged maybe an hour or so, probably less.

8. Videotape

Videotape Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2009
    student, journeyman
    pallet town
    you wont enjoy guerrilla bob much more than minigore imo

9. MasterChief3624

Oct 11, 2009
    Hm.. all right. Well thank you very much for the input, everyone :)

I will hold off on it. Maybe if my friend gets it I'll try it out, but I'll definitely hold off on getting it for the time being.

Any more input?

10. sid187

sid187 Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2009
    i only play minigore when updates come out it seems then i burn my self out on it. not sure where all the hate is coming from bob aint that abd and worth the couple bucks to buy it. shrugs.. you can have them both. you will not go to game hell for sucha thing.

chris.

11. Aurora

Aurora Well-Known Member

I prefer Guerilla Bob, as it involves some form of tactics such as dodging bullets and collecting items. The downside is that there are too few enemies in the game. I never found Minigore worth playing, it has to be the most repetitive and simple twin-shooter game ever with the most ridiculous requirements for unlocking things that probably aren't even worth getting (spending 300+ hours to unlock a new skin? Must be addicted to it like cocaine or something). With that said I don't think Guerilla Bob is worth getting either, as it's really easy and can get boring like Minigore after a few missions. Most of the missions have the same background and same enemies, and the bosses are jokes. Losing all lives would mean losing all your progress in the game (like getting your save wiped out), which is completely stupid.
    If you like shooting games it's better to just play some FPS.

12. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    Minigore is a sweet demo of a game, where you really just run in circles over and over again. And to me it's similar to Pocket God. Update comes out, I check for a minute, get bored very quickly and wait for the next update. Guerilla Bob is a complete game with fantastic enemies, long levels, great boss fights, good controls, you name it... simply a great game.

13. Mr. Crazy

Mr. Crazy Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2009
    England
    I like guerrilla bob more than minigore, much more, i feel minigore is more of a play when the updates come out and only for a day or 2 kind of game, but i can play guerrilla bob all the time.