Cooperation in FAAD wishlist?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by albie09, Jun 16, 2010.

1. albie09

albie09 Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    I think that we should have some cooperation in the FAAD wishlist to get a strong united effort for a game to become free. Please post ideas. My suggestions are Jet Car Stunts, Zenonia, and Geodefense titles.

2. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Well your not going to get a top 25 app because there's no reason for it to go free.... That being said if you make reasonable suggestions they probably actually take it into consideration. Take plushed for example which was free a couple days ago and was being asked to go free by alot of people.

3. GlennX

GlennX Well-Known Member

May 10, 2009
    UK
    do FAAD wishes ever come true? Maybe you could try typing them with crossed fingers :)

4. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    college student, ENG/WGS major
    Lexington, KY
    I think that part of the problem is that you don't know what will be free or what is already planned to be free in the future...so your wishes, even if coordinated, could be for something popular which is already set to be free.

5. Fruho

Fruho Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2010
    Gameloft Employee
    Under Your Bed
    Titles that good should in fact NOT go free. If the title is well made, the developer should receive a reward for their hard work.

6. wmcwmc

wmcwmc Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2009
    Sumwhere
    Plushed is the dev's app so it's easier for them to make it free but it'll be really hard for them to get games like JCS free.

Agreed

7. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    college student, ENG/WGS major
    Lexington, KY
    The FAAD promotion generates publicity, and then increased sales after the free day-- much more than they would normally get without FAAD..

8. Pamx

Pamx Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2009
    UK
    Ultimately, that's a decision for the developer, although I agree that in an ideal world drastic promotions like this ought not to be necessary. However, lots of great titles go relatively unnoticed & this is one way of helping to redress the balance; devs have bills to pay just like everyone else.

If you think about it, it's much like the strategies you see in the supermarket such as buy-one-get-one-free. It costs (arguably, in terms of potential lost revenue & revenue share, in some cases) but it also helps to raise brand awareness. It's much cheaper and more effective than any other advertising option that I know of - and that's all it is really - advertising. It's just part of the business we're in.

So I say if you want to see a title go free, make yourself heard. For all you know, the devs might be scratching their heads right now wondering what to do next. Just because you think their game's making them rich & they wouldn't consider it, doesn't me it's true. And people clamouring for your game (free or not) is always heart-warming. It costs nothing to ask.

:)

9. ipod_david

ipod_david Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    the idea is cool, but i doubt that we will get many agreeing in ONE wish. I bought, geoDef. JCS, and have no interest in zenonia.
    my wishes were always hookchamp and canabalt. hookchamp will be off the list in a few hours when SQH will start with a sale and canabalt will NEVER be free.
    So I just sit back and enjoy the show... dont believe in the "where your app wishes come true" missionstatement

10. fallenashes

fallenashes Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2010
    yes
    The apps that have already made a name for themselves have no reason to (and should not) go free. It should be struggling or up and coming apps that are quality titles.

Example: Doodlejump. It is the app to get for the iDevice. So people who held out on buying it would now get it for free, and since it is and has been #1-10 for forever(ish), they would not have anymore current iDevice owners purchasing game. Thus, losing tons of sales.

11. nikhsterboi

nikhsterboi Well-Known Member

I was tinking Squareball or Peggle. I don't have ether of them, and while $0.99 is fine to spend on Squareball because I've played the lite version, I am concerned about spending $2.99 on a game that has no lite version.

12. nikhsterboi

nikhsterboi Well-Known Member

oooh I did Hook Champ once and just ended up buying it. Canabalt would be awesome!

13. joe20red

joe20red New Member

Jul 26, 2010
    Can we just do Zenonia 2

14. csklimowski

csklimowski Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Peggle is more than worth $2.99, and it you don't believe me, you can download a free trial version of your computer here:http://www.popcap.com/games/peggle?mid=peggle_pc_en_full

Back on topic, I highly doubt that titles that are selling dozens of copies a day, are made by big developers, or have a price above $2.99 will become free, but then again I have been wrong before. I recall that Puzzle Quest was free a month ago.