Universal OK Golf (Okidokico Entertaiment Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by sugimulm, Feb 9, 2017.

1. silwal

silwal Member

Feb 23, 2017
    Thanks a lot! I didn't know, that those are sticky, too. This way Tsukimi 7 should also be possible to play eagle.

2. JimJam

JimJam Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2017
    #162 JimJam, Mar 20, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
    It's wrong to brag, but I did just eagle Tsukimi hole 7 and the pond hole! Ridiculously hard tee shot on hole 7. Got lucky and holed it the first time my tee shot stuck!

Went for the bush on the left on hole 7. Used the right hand side of the bridge on pond.

3. silwal

silwal Member

Feb 23, 2017
    Congratulations!!! You're not bragging. I always thought it would be encouraging to know what's possible. In fact, I gave up on Tsukimi 7, because I was in doubt, whether it is possible at all. Now I will give it another try.

4. silwal

silwal Member

Feb 23, 2017
    Pond: Did you lay the tee shot onto the bridge or next to it? Laying it next to it on the fairway let's me miss the green by only a few mm if I aim straight to the hole, even with a stretched power shot. On the other hand I can't get the tee shot to stop on the bridge, it always rolls over.

5. JimJam

JimJam Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2017
    #165 JimJam, Mar 21, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
    I put it on the bridge and got the crazy scattering shot, which allowed me to drop the ball straight in the hole. To land on the bridge aim between the two posts on the right-hand side and hit it short using the 'around' pattern. I often either bounced off the near post into the water, or else rolled off the other side, but there is a narrow window where it stops.

6. JimJam

JimJam Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2017
    #166 JimJam, Mar 21, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
    I've got a tip for lining up the crazy scattering shots. If it's a difficult tee shot it is worth taking your time to line up the scattering shot. To start at the beginning of the shake pattern again you don't need to go back all the way to 'cancel'. Just move your finger up a fraction to go back to the precision shot, then move back down to the power shot, and then the shake pattern starts from the beginning again. You can take a few attempts to line things up before releasing.

7. JimJam

JimJam Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2017
    #167 JimJam, Mar 22, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
    Just birdied the cheat to unlock all courses hole. No scatter shots. I think I've now got the lowest score possible on all holes. :cool: I need a life! :rolleyes:

Edit: wait, no! Just eagled it.

8. silwal

silwal Member

Feb 23, 2017
    Respect! Except Tsukimi 7 I made all the eagles you suggested. I couldn't even once place the tee shot... I have two more ideas for you to try: Long Lake 5 can probably be played eagle and Tsukimi 6 can probably be played albatross. At both holes I placed the tee shot on sth. sticky but couldn't get close enough to the hole with the second shot. Currently I'm quite busy, so can't invest to much time.

9. okidokico

okidokico Well-Known Member

New update coming next week!

Good news everyone!

On March 30th we'll be releasing the new update to OK Golf with the following features:

* Aberdeen - Play a round among the haunting ruins of Buchan Bay, our first new course. But watch out - it's very windy there!
    * Cloud Save - Now you can play on multiple devices with your data synced.
    * Improved putting - The ball physics has been improved to make it roll a bit more and provide an extra challenge.
    * Game stats - Some limited stats tracking.

Here's a close look at Buchan Bay:
    [​IMG]

10. Gamer McGee

Gamer McGee Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2017
    Yeah! Bring it on...

11. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    Any opinions after the latest update. I'm very curious about this game.

12. MobileOnTapYT

MobileOnTapYT Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2017
    New course looks beautiful. Found hole 3 particularly hard with the wind they have added in. Took me ages to birdie this one.

13. JimJam

JimJam Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2017
    I like the new course. It certainly is windy in Aberdeen! Perfect place for wind turbines.

Birdied all the holes now. Not found the secret holes yet. Hole 5 was hard.

I like the hole where you have to play the contours and whacking it isn't necessarily best. Seems most like links golf. In some ways the wind cuts down the number of possible routes so it's less of a puzzle?

14. okidokico

okidokico Well-Known Member

The secret hole finding difficulty has been ramped up for Buchan Bay...

I'm sure one of you will find them within no time, but from now on don't expect any free passes or hints; expect the unexpected!

The challenge has been thrown down!

15. Gamer McGee

Feb 14, 2017
    #175 Gamer McGee, Mar 30, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2017
    Love the new course; the wind annonyed me at first, but now I use it to my advantage.

I've birdied everything; I stumbled upon one of the "sticky" spots that should allow for an eagle on one par four:

Hole 9; hit your tee shot so that it taps the right edge of the tower to the right; the ball should land on the wall sticking out to the right of the tower. From there, you should get the "wild" aiming shot, which should allow a hole-shot if you time it right.

Anybody shot an eagle on any of the new holes yet?

16. JimJam

JimJam Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2017
    #176 JimJam, Mar 31, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2017
    The first can be eagled.

17. Gamer McGee

Feb 14, 2017
    Just got it; any luck on the others?

18. Gamer McGee

Feb 14, 2017
    Found a second "sticky"; I haven't capitalized on it yet, but there should be another eagle there:

The rock in the middle of hole five; land on top of it.

19. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    Downloaded this yesterday.
    Really happy about the portrait mode, the game looks beautiful.

This would really benefit from a randomly generated daily challenge course or something like that.
    But I'm making my way through the holes now.
    I have yet to try this new windy hole y'all are discussing.

20. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    How many courses and holes so far on the game?