Universal Terra Mystica (by DIGIDICED)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by currymutton, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Avaniar

Avaniar Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2016
    Sorry I cut some parts of your comment, but I have to say I found the exact same bug and especially the second part is so annoying.

Also there are some mispellings like "sturcture" and such.

I am a somewhat longtime boardgamer (I would say over 20 years, since I started off to a rocking start when I was probably 13 with Republic of Rome soloplay... the headache... and I'm Portuguese...) and Terra Mystica has soooooo much depth, the sheer difference in factions is amazing.
    I think it is not terribly difficult, but there are some nuances.
    I suggest checking the strategy guide on bgg

2. lucrezio87

lucrezio87 Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2010
    Italy
    Awesome game, and very good port. The main issue of BG on mobile it's you can't see the whole thing together but you have to open different tabs to check various things. Not so great, but hey, it's TM on mobile, I just say ####yeah! With some practice this weird stuff will fade off, and you accuse it way less.

I just found the same little problems during tutorial, and had to restart it, but the small lessons are quite practical and fast-use.

One "big" problem it's that I can't play online games. Every time it remind me of an error with the network, or something about the user couldn't be recognized.

Idea what I can do to fix this? Thanks

3. Shoggothy

Shoggothy Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Does it support asynchronous play?

Hi all,

I'm considering buying it but only if it supports asynchronous game-play. I'm sure I read a pre-release review somewhere that said it did support async but the release notes give no mention of this.

Does anyone know?

4. zen_mode

zen_mode Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2015
    Sydney
    Is there an option for quick multiplayer games with short turn limits?

5. ttcool

ttcool Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2016
    I'm still learning this game so haven't played online. But it does have Ranked game as well as Casual game with friends as well... not sure about the asynchronous part but I'm assuming so since it's the same online engine with their other games.

6. KyneTarse

KyneTarse Member

Aug 8, 2016
    #26 KyneTarse, Apr 22, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2017
    I can confirm that the multiplayer is asynchronous.

I've joined a couple ranked games and they are 72 hour turns. Have a casual game going with a friend and those turns are 24 hours. Not sure if time limit is 24x(P-1) or always 24 hours for casual. It looks like all ranked games are 4p (I didn't see an option to change).

7. zen_mode

Feb 8, 2015
    Sydney
    Hmm thats odd, this post seems to be alluding to a "fast game" mode being available:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1767189/fast-game

I don't know if it's referring to ranked play or something else. The reply isn't really clear to me.

8. KyneTarse

KyneTarse Member

Aug 8, 2016
    Well, the match finder is very basic, without options or instructions of any kind. There is simply a box that says "check to join fast game queue" or something like that. No explanation. I did not comment on it because I have not been able to successfully join such a game.

9. nuutsch

nuutsch Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2012
    I really love this game.
    It's a perfect implementation.

But: I have played 3 online matches. For all games at any point it was my move, but after opening the game, it was another factions move.
    But my time was ticking and it was my loss.

No workaround.

It's really frustrating.

10. lucrezio87

Nov 2, 2010
    Italy
    I can't figure how to play online, every time the game give me an error about no connection or connection errors :(

11. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
  12. zen_mode

Feb 8, 2015
    Sydney
    #32 zen_mode, Apr 26, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2017
    Apart from written guides this is a great video:

https://youtu.be/imh4JjiB5a4

Well edited so he goes through the turns with nothing unnecessary in between. Highly recommend for a beginner.

13. lucrezio87

Nov 2, 2010
    Italy
    Still no Online game for me, same errors. One about network connection problems, and one about not identified local profile user. Can anyone help me? Thanks

14. zen_mode

Feb 8, 2015
    Sydney
    Try the solutions here, especially the last post:

https://boardgamegeek.com/article/25701823#25701823

15. lucrezio87

Nov 2, 2010
    Italy