Universal New Star Soccer (by New Star Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by pjft, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Super addicted to this game! Simple yet brilliant!
    Quick question: How many seasons can you play? Is there a max?

2. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    I'll let you know when I get there :p So far I'm still 24. I'd imagine you can play at least 10 seasons, because there's an achievement, but I expect to play until I'm 35+.

Great stats on the goals and passes - wow!

As for strategies to earn more money during the early stages... I don't really have many. Renegotiate your contract whenever you have the chance, try to increase your lifestyle a bit to get new sponsors, and just perform well and the results will appear. That's my strategy :)

3. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Really loving this game.
    Here's my stats.
    [​IMG]

4. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    #44 pjft, Mar 15, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2012
    Wow - very good stats for your second season... I took a while before I started to get frequent 10s! Also, love that 52.7 yards goal ;)

What country/league are you playing in?

Here are my stats (Android phone, so different screen format):

[​IMG]

Yes, I've been playing a lot... Finally I'm winning this league, and can move on to a different country :)

5. trundley

trundley Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2010
    How dare you defeat my insane long goal of 51.7yards. I've just recently moved up to Conference National in the English leagues. Trying to get to league 1 to my home town club.

Maxed my vision stat too :D

6. trundley

Oct 29, 2010
    Most football players retire around 35-40 area as they begin to lose their pace and stamina around there. Apart from Paul Scholes who came out of retirement to play for Man United. Its strange how they dont lose the ability to kick the ball but cant run around after it, the same goes to show for Nolberto Solano, he's old but hes a class act at set-pieces.

7. siread

siread Member

Feb 29, 2012
    An update is winging it's way to iTunes as we speak - just waiting for review.

Changes
    -Fixed "About" page
    -Fixed MLS cup final $awayteam crash
    -Fixed Load Career crash that affected some leagues (Colombia, Faroes, Iceland, Norway)
    -Fixed player taking a penalty in a shoot-out after being subbed off
    -Fixed achievement not being awarded after getting maximum match rating 5 times in a row

I'm now working on the next update which will add a mute button, a trial version of the career mode and various other tweaks. :)

8. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    I'm playing in England in the Conf Nth league. :)
    I'm currently playing for my 3rd team.

9. chris1215

chris1215 Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2009
    Thank you so much for the awesome game. I'm telling everyone I know about it. I've never been so addicted to a game before. I'm hoping that TA puts this on the front page to give it the recognition it deserves.

10. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    WTH! My fans suck lol.
    [​IMG]

11. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    Well... I'm sure PETA would have something to say about Monkey abuse by the fans :p Maybe they could be your sponsors? ;)

12. trundley

Oct 29, 2010
    Wait wait wait wait. I didnt realise all of the fans were dragon-born. They all boo and it moves the ball away from him.

FUS-RO-BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Lol that said and done, you need to keep the fans happy, for whatever reason they tend to effect your game even though you're already playing in a noisy stadium, a bit of boo-ing makes your feet spaz

13. Tastyfish

Tastyfish Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2011
    Good to hear there is an update cause I just experienced my first crash. Year 5, just starting playoffs in Korea. Game freezes when I hit Start Match and just hangs. I've tried restarting several times and same error. I don't want to start a new career at this point. Hopefully the update will address this.

14. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    Hm. What team are you playing as, against which team, and in what competition? That might help the developer troubleshoot it!

15. Tastyfish

Tastyfish Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2011
    Year 5
    Week 34
    Division : Kor1
    Team: Daejun
    Finished 2nd place after 34 week season
    Going to: KOR PO SF as the home team

Skills:
    Pace 56, power 60, technique 58, vision 54, free kicks 22
    Wearing NS-Big Cat shoes (bonuses not included on #'s above)

Lifestyle: (approximately)
    Boss 100%, team 80%, fans 60%, girlfriend 60%, sponsors 100%

3 sponsors but forgot to write them down

Apartment, house, townhouse, cottage
    Bicycle, scooter, small car, motorbike, sub
    Tablet, tv, designer suit, silver chain

Making $9 a game with $3 per goal

Have no money.

Have tried several times to restart and play. Outside of screen goes dark, middle stays lit and just freezes there.

16. trundley

Oct 29, 2010
    Heh, i just got transfered to a League 1 club (P Vale (really called Port Vale IRL)) and i got sold for a reported 146 stars. It'd be nice to see this as a leaderboard in an update like the PC version. I got sent to that club without checking where they were in the league, turns out the were bottom, i got them out of relegation and now we are chuntering along nicely.

Are there any differences in strengths between the teams or are they all the same?

17. Toad In The Hole

Toad In The Hole Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    **** All
    In A Hole
    Im now in my 5th season..now playing for villa and have won the Premier League last 2 seasons.Once with Blackpool and now with Villa,but hoping spurs come in for me soon ;).
    ;)

I've gone from Bromley,I think my first team was,to Altringham,then Wimbledon,blackpool,villa.

wish i could zip my girlfriends mouth up a bit though as she keeps getting me in trouble with the boss,who then makes me sub ;)

Quality game though and with a few more additions this is only gonna keep getting better.

18. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    @Tastyfish: thanks for the details. I'm sure those will help siread track down the bug. Still - wow, you sure are trying to max out your player :) I never managed to get more than 75% in the sponsors category...

@trundley: not sure about the teams, but I imagine they are not the same - the league table at the end of the season always looks relatively realistic, so there must be something doing the works in the background :)

@Toad in the Hole: Hah, really? :) My girlfriend never got me in trouble... The most she complains every now and then is that I'm not spending too much time with her, but I usually treat her right. Maybe it's your fault? :p I imagine if the Girlfriend rating goes down a lot, she might break up with you - you deserve better than that :D

19. gary2411

gary2411 New Member

Mar 16, 2012
    New Star Soccer - by New Star Games

Their most well-known product is New Star Soccer 3, a role-playing soccer game in which the user controls one player in a squad making decisions about his career and life decisions along the way. The game received the "Indie Sports Game of the Year Award 2006" from GameTunnel.[1] It was the first non-text based game released by New Star Games.

20. gary2411

gary2411 New Member

Mar 16, 2012
    Features

+10 sponsorships to acquire
    +5 skills you can improve: Pace, Power, Technique, Vision & Free Kicks
    +5 relationships to maintain: Boss, Team, Fans, Girlfriend & Sponsors