A trailer I made looking for feedback [Battle For The WhiteHouse]

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by ns804apps, Nov 23, 2012.

1. ns804apps

ns804apps Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2012
    Richmond, VA
    #1 ns804apps, Nov 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2012

Let me know what your feedback is I look forward to it. I know this app is behind the eight ball, but that is why I can experiment on the marketing side and trailers.

thanks

2. PikPok

PikPok Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2009
    Wellington
    Some feedback

- you are violating copyrights for not one, but two commercial songs. You should use only original or legitimately licensed music in your apps and marketing materials.

- the trailer is far too long. Edit it down to cut out (or down) the loading times and boring bits.

- if your game lets you play as Romney, you should mix up the footage so you show fighting against Obama as well. If your game doesn't allow this, you should add it. I'm sure there are plenty of conservatives who wouldn't mind taking a shot against the President.

- your game is not a movie. You shouldn't have credits. Add the callouts of who is in your game at the start of the trailer or when the candidates are shown.

- let people know when the game is available, what platforms it is on, and your developer name all on a single static screen at the end. Don't scroll it.

Hope that helps.

3. Hercule

Hercule Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Youtube is very good at detecting music you don't have the right to use...

I actually bought the right for the songs I use in my youtube trailer.
    http://youtu.be/esMW6fGtYfE

Youtube detect that song is under copyright (with the name of the copyright owner...), and told me that I need to give the proof that I can use these songs in my youtube trailer.
    I send them my order details, and it was ok.

I don't know how it work if you want to use copyrighted song in your case. But it could be a problem if you send to all journalist your youtube trailer url, and if youtube suspend your video for copyright infringement.

4. Calvini

Calvini Active Member

Jul 14, 2012
    Developer
    I don't mean to be rude in anyway, but this trailer didn't really look like a trailer at all. It looked more like someone who was making a fanmade gameplay video.

I agree with PikPok on all the comments made, you really have to be careful of the copyright issue.

5. ns804apps

ns804apps Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2012
    Richmond, VA
    Thanks for the feedback. First attempt is always rough. I agree with adding Romney boxing in the trailer. I struggled to cut it down afraid to leave stuff out.