Infinity Blade: what bloodline & level were you at when you first beat the God King?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Grimstone82, Mar 11, 2011.

1. Grimstone82

Grimstone82 Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2011
    Northbrook, IL
    Just out of curiosity, what bloodline and level were you at when you first beat the God King? I just beat him on my 6th bloodline at level 20. Trying to gauge how bad I suck at this game.

2. jxw245

jxw245 Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2011
    Texas
    I think i was around 8th bloodline when i killed him the first time...now i'm stuck on bloodline 15, so i definitely suck worse then you.

3. 4th bloodline, not sure about level.

4. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    4th

Haven't beaten him since. On bloodline 11 now and can't kill any Deathless, rofl.

Yeah, haven't spent much time with the game.

5. Grimstone82

Jan 3, 2011
    Northbrook, IL
    Yeah I'm on my 8th bloodline now, haven't beat him again.

One thing I just realized is I haven't found any potions at all during my last 3 bloodlines. Does the game stop giving them out at a certain point?

6. terencefish

terencefish Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2011
    4th now. Can't beat it. Any tips?

7. Grimstone82

Jan 3, 2011
    Northbrook, IL
    Learn to time your dodges properly and get skilled in parrying. I can almost make it through a whole bloodline without getting hit once, up until the God King. Then he bitch slaps me.

8. WaterPocket

WaterPocket Member

Mar 8, 2011
    3rd bloodline:D

Not sure how I managed it, used healing spells a lot though. A lot of it was luck too, but nonetheless, I still beat the god king. Both me and my friend that were there thought the ending was pretty disappointing though.

9. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    That wasn't the actual ending..

10. Junliang

Junliang Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2011
    2nd, i read quite a few online guides though.

but now on 6th, and getting kinda hard beating it..

11. pavarotti2007

pavarotti2007 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2010
    UK
    Now that I don't believe

12. Ezak

Ezak Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2009
    Well I nearly had him first bloodline after many attempts, so I'm sure 2nd one would be easier.
    Dodges/parries are key

13. Junliang

Junliang Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2011
    =(
    Its true.

Its not that difficult, since the god king level is quite low and weak when u are level 2.
    the main thing is to dodge and spam, dodge and spam.
    using combo is fine, but sometime spamming is better lol.

then remember to use a healing ring.

if you are good enough, parry that one that strike horizontally as your shield might not be able to take it.

but now i'm stuck at BL 6's GK..

14. Grimstone82

Jan 3, 2011
    Northbrook, IL
    If I remember correctly, the God King is ALWAYS at level 50, even on the first bloodline. Beating him on level 2 is quite the feat, are you sure you're being honest us? :p

15. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    He said bloodline 2, not level 2.

16. mxu

mxu Member

Apr 4, 2010
    I beat him 4th bloodline. Didn't try to verse him since though, felt like that was the end. So I'm like 5th bloodline now. But does he got stronger each bloodline?
    AND the ending after the credits....

SPOILER**********
    Were those like aliens?*****

17. Sleekzeke

Sleekzeke New Member

Aug 17, 2011
    #17 Sleekzeke, Aug 17, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2011
    Second Bloodline

I was on the second bloodline. I know it seems impossible but here's how:

1) Take the long route to the elevator (The one that takes you to the God King)

2) Battle the giant (executioner, warden, etc.)

3) Go down the staircase

4) Go back up and battle the medium sized warrior

5) Repeat steps 2-4 until satisfied

6) Pay the God King a well deserved visit

It will be boring and it will take your a long time, but before you know it you'll have all the money and experience you need to beat the god king in a few slices. When you go to battle him make sure to doge most of his attacks and try not to use your shield. Each time the god king hits your shield you'll lose about 5 shield points so it's only good for extreme emergencies. Also if you get caught in one of his attack combos and can't doge in time just parry a few times and start dodging again. The reason why you shouldn't constantly parry is because the God King is powerful and fast, if you slip up you're in for a beating. Also it takes skill to constantly parry and you need to be focused on which direction the hit is coming from, with dodging it's either left or right.

*TIPS*

Try mastering lower level swords, armor, etc. but save up for a big purchase right before the big battle to give you the upper hand
    EX: I used Oathborn and Bronze armor for a while and saved up for the Iron armor and Unfaithful.

Don't pay any attention to rings, they provide little help unless you need to use a healing ring in battle. Just use the ring that suits your needs best and keep it, don't save up for better rings just to master them.

18. Ethanp

Ethanp Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2011
    I too beat him on the second bloodline. Really wasn't that difficult just took a while, healed a lot and dodged a lot. It was very possible.

19. Ethanp

Ethanp Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2011
    You don't need to do this. It's not all that difficult to beat him normally on the second bloodline. No need to grind out training.