Spoiler Tag not working

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by scott997, Mar 27, 2015.

1. scott997

scott997 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    The spoiler tag is no longer working after the forum update. The spoiler information is in plain text. After mousing over the text it then works as expected.

I'm using Firefox.

Spoiler:
    Here is text that should be hidden.

2. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Same with chrome.

I really wish they would change the spoiler to a button that hides/shows the text when clicked on. It would be really helpful for making lists/posting big or a lot of pictures but still maintaining a good overview of the post and the thread.

3. cthulhufan

cthulhufan Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Sep 5, 2013
    Systems Engineer
    Missouri
    Yep. Much like the minecraft texture pack forums, which is where I was introduced to this technique, it is a good idea and it works really well.

4. scott997

Jan 5, 2015
    Are any of the Forum administrators aware of this? Is there a good way to contact them?

5. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    I'm pretty sure they check this forum section more often than they do their private messages.

6. scott997

Jan 5, 2015
    Apparently someone has been doing some work on the spoiler tags, unfortunately it seems to have made matters worse. When I use Firefox, the spoilers are visible and there is no way to hide them, even passing the cursor over the spoilers do not hide them. When I use the iOS app, the spoilers are hidden and there is no way to expose them.

7. Elsa

Elsa Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2015
    Arendelle
    #7 Elsa, Apr 8, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2015
    Works fine for me on Chrome and Firefox, haven't checked iOS yet.

8. scott997

Jan 5, 2015
    I figured it out for Firefox. I'm using Ghostery to block trackers. When I allow the Google tracker to work, the spoiler tags work.

I still cannot see spoiler tag text using the Toucharcade app. I have no control of tracking, etc. in that app, so it is entirely a Toucharcade issue there.