App Idea

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by highonlife, Jan 22, 2009.

1. highonlife

highonlife Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2008
    Yo guys, this is probably out of nowhere, but I thought of a really sick idea for an application. I was watching lucky no. slevin and there is a scene when a character snaps a picture of someone while pretending to be talking on her phone. Now, this is somewhat impossible with the iphone, as you would look quite suspicious reaching up to hit the button.

The idea is a camera application that takes pictures at regular intervals as set by the user. It could even display the usual phone screen. That way, you can take stealth photos, or even use it to just take lots of pictures.

It's a really simple idea that could potentially be a real money maker. What do you guys think?

2. BulletDev

BulletDev Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    produce applications under "Bullet Development"
    Vancouver, BC
    Good idea, but I can't help but think of it as adding the the loads of useless apps.......

3. RedStaR

RedStaR Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    not to mention apple would never approve an app like this just so you can get some side boob shots

not a bad idea though just would have to be in a jailbroken installer

4. jasonf

jasonf Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    My understanding is that (using the public SDK) you cannot tell the phone to take stealth pictures. You can only tell the phone to enter the "Take a Picture Screen" where the user sees the photo preview and must press the camera button.

You may be able to take stealth pictures with the private SDK, but then Apple has grounds to reject your application from the store.