What are you watching on Netflix

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Jayg2015, Jan 12, 2016.

1. BenjFDC

BenjFDC Member

Dec 21, 2015
    France
    I just discovered Alphas, it's pretty nice "Heroes"-like series, not very famous

2. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Just watched Friday night tikes and trophy kids. Incredibly stupid how much parents ruin their children by pushing too hard. If your kid doesn't have the genetic ability in the first place then your just ruining their life anyways.

3. Jayg2015

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Also I'm looking for those hidden gem horror movies if anyone knows of any great movies that weren't big hits.

4. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Also finishing up season 7 of parks and rec. I personally think this might be my favorite season so far.

Also watching It's Always Sunny but I'm only on season 3.

Z Nation is actually pretty entertaining. Not the best acting and special effects and such, but has a kind of b-movie charm. Worth checking out if you like zombies.

5. dancj

dancj Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    Yeah. I did some Googling about that too. The programme definitely glossed over some of the less flattering evidence, but whether they guy actually committed the crime or not, the evidence of police faking evidence and other improper activities by the authorities one supposed defence attorney are really damning.

6. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Ha! In the last six months we haven't even watched one thing! Thanks for reminding me! Gonna cancel that tomorrow until further notice! No reason to keep paying for something we haven't been using at all......:eek:

7. Papa Deuce

Papa Deuce Well-Known Member

May 15, 2013
    My kids would revolt if I ever canceled Netflix. They don't watch TV except for Supernatural, and Teen Wolf..... everything else, they watch on Netflix. I looked at the data usage on my account. In the last 30 days we used 37gb of wifi..... 29gb was Netflix.

8. Jayg2015

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    And if you cancel and subscribe later you will have to pay the higher rate they are charging .
    My internet bill is sky hill because of Netflix but have to have it. Also downloading 100 games a month doesn't help either.

Watched Jessica Alba new movie that was just released this month and already on Netflix . "Veil" it was ok and worth a watch.
    Also "Curve" I believe it was called. Trapped in a car upside Down car for days while a crazy drifter keeps messing with her over and over.

9. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    River, surprisingly decent

10. dancj

dancj Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    I just watched Circle. 50 strangers getting electrocuted one by one by some unknown source. They just have to stand there and try to decide who gets electrocuted next.

Decent film.

11. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Ha! I like the idea of that premise of being trapped in the car upside down while a crazy nut messes with her! Gonna look that up and check that out!!! Thanks for that tip! There was one a while ago I watched (forgot the title) where these kids went on a skiing trip on the last day of the season and wanna go for just one more run before the end of the day, and the season, and everyone leaves for the next 3 months and the kids get stuck up on the t-bar in mid-air while it blizzards and one by one as they drop down to try to find help they get eaten by hungry wolves! That one sticks with you for awhile! Good stuff!:D

12. Jayg2015

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    That movie sounds like a good watch as well.
    I also spend hours reading through movies but Netflix only shows what they want u to see for some reason.
    Watched a movie called

"Would you rather"
    I won't give anything away here but just the beginning that draws you in.

All these people are brought to dinner through different circumstances to play what they think is a dinner for an opportunity but which isn't explained until they get there . They all need financial help and as the dinner starts they are asked to play what seems like a simple game of would you rather .
    after the first question is asked and someone gets a ridiculous amount of money for answering a simple question they ask who wants to play and who wants to leave...
    This is where the epic craziness begins.

Great movie . No high production. Couple famous people. Good enough for a watch

13. Jayg2015

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    I enjoyed this movie. Crazy to think people standing in a circle could hold my attention for this long but turned out to be good movie

14. dancj

dancj Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    Sounds interesting. I've added it to my watch list.

15. Jayg2015

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    I've watched both files shows on tv last two days and has me wanting to watch the previous seasons. Going to check Netflix for those

16. dancj

dancj Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    Ooh - I watched Coherence last night. It invaded my dreams and sill keeps coming back to me.

It's a very low budget intelligent sci-if film with practically no special effects (just a couple of shots of a comet) then I highly recommend it.

I can't say more than that without ruining it.

(And it has Xander from Buffy)

17. Papa Deuce

May 15, 2013
    I just started Z Nation tonight. I thought I might hate it, even though I like the Walking Dead.... only watched the first episode, but I liked it.

18. Jayg2015

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    My impressions of one episode of z nation I watched was low production which I never gave a chance which I should have

19. Papa Deuce

May 15, 2013

Well, it is the SyFy network, so you have to expect that. :D

20. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    If it's the series with the zombie baby speeding around I gave up after a couple of episodes.