My list of Underrated iDevice Games that should be owned by everybody

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by nephilim apps, Jun 28, 2010.

1. nephilim apps

nephilim apps Well-Known Member

May 30, 2009
    Paraeducator
    Roseville California
    #1 nephilim apps, Jun 28, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2010
    This is my list of Underrated Games that for some reason don't get the recognition they deserve. (also feel free to post your own lists so that more people can know about awesome little known games!)

;Shift;- AMAZING Puzzle Platformer that draws heavily from Portal. It has recently got more attention after being featured on freeappaday but is such an amazing game I don't see why it is rarely talked about

Blastination- I don't really know how to describe it but it is awesome!

Dark Nebula- Awesome Labyrinth type game

Light Riders- Like Lightbike only with a first person mode and a top down mode along with the 3rd person mode while it doesn't feel as polished it is still great fun and the different perspectives are cool

Govellius- A Retro Game that is basically the original Zelda gameplay mixed with some levels that are side scroller hack em up.

BloodyRush- Another one of those run as far as you can getting past obstacles and killing enemies but this ones graphics and style make it a step above all the others imo and should be ALOT more popular than it is.

Space Deadbeef- A FREE Side Scrolling Shooter that is absolutely fantastic and I have no idea how it isn't more popular

PewPew 1 and 2- My person favorite dual stick shooters in the app store. The Controls for both are absolutely perfect and the best controlling dss in the App Store thus far and the graphics style is pretty awesome.

Circletris- Basically Tetris mixed with Tempest! It may sound strange but it IS AMAZING

Gnester- Think of a Marioish Platform game mixed with Bejeweled. It sounds strange but is extremely addicting and one of the best games on the App-Store for puzzle fans and Platformer fans.

Claustrophobia- This is also awesome! Think Tetris only alot crazier

Arodius- A dual stick shooter with a pretty awesome graphic style

Zombeat- Think Tap Tap Revenge only 100 TIMES BETTER and with Zombies.

B-Boy Beats- An awesome music games that is like Elite Beat Agents or Ouendan! If you have played those games and loved them you will love B-Boy Beats

Saturday Night Fever- Another Music game with the Elite Beat Agent style gameplay but there aren't many songs and only 2 characters. But the 70's disco soundtrack is pretty cool as well as the character animations.

iSperm- A racing game where you play as a freshly released sperm cell racing to an egg... Extremely funny especially when you play around friends.

Orion Racer- The closest thing to F-Zero in the App Store and it is awesome

Andromeda Resistance- Like Missile Command only IMO 100 TIMES BETTER!

Momentum- Think Breakout but on a bigger scale and you move through levels

Squareball- Like Momentum only it's more like Pong than Breakout

Pandemonium- An awesome Platormer game

BeatRider- An awesome Guitar Heroish music game that you can use your own music to play!

2. RonBurgundy

RonBurgundy Well-Known Member

May 2, 2010
    Anchorman
    Channel 4 Newsroom
    Haha nice list, the only game on that list that I have is Space Deadbeef. It reminds me a lot of this one game called Cloud Phobia on the pc. There was a game that WAS my favorite but has been deserted by the devs and it was called rRootage... the game is seriously broke and has been broke for the last 2 os updates... (os 2 and os 3)

3. nephilim apps

May 30, 2009
    Paraeducator
    Roseville California
    Wow I just looked up rRootage on the app store. it looks awesome! How is it broken now?

4. RonBurgundy

May 2, 2010
    Anchorman
    Channel 4 Newsroom
    Well for me it was the graphics it looked like static and glitchy. I had to delete it after I updated my ipod to os 3 because I had hopes they were going to fix it. (Maybe try it and tell me how it works for you, this was on my 2nd gen so maybe with my 3rd gen it will work.)

5. unbrokenchain33

unbrokenchain33 Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2010
  6. Touchgamer3g

Touchgamer3g Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Awesome list you have there! Here's my list of a few hidden gems:

Pure Hidden: hidden object game that is very artsy (with 400+ achievements)

Psychoban: interesting take on Sokoban with a horror theme and awesome storyline

The Magic Blackboard: very trippy breakout game with 12+ hours of gameplay

Marblenauts: awesome puzzle game where you guide your Marblenauts through a series of obstacles to there designated colors

Pathpix: INCREDIBILE number puzzle game where you connect pairs of numbers to for a picture.

DynoGems: match-3 game from the bottom up with a great control scheme and graphics

PEP the Dragon: cute platformer with "magic spells" to use such as drawing a bridge for the dragon to cross over

7. nephilim apps

May 30, 2009
    Paraeducator
    Roseville California
    ah ok

8. Harpgliss

Harpgliss Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Here No More
    Hi,

Interesting list, have not heard of most of these.

The only one I own is Pandemonium.

Might have to look at the others sometime.

David

9. Burton

Burton Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Canada
    ;Shift;- AMAZING Puzzle Platformer that draws heavily from Portal. It has recently got more attention after being featured on freeappaday but is such an amazing game I don't see why it is rarely talked about
    One of my favourite flash games that I bought a few days before it went free, and I definitely don't regret it.

Dark Nebula- Awesome Labyrinth type game
    I found it too easy after the first few levels of playing it, although it is a neat game. I don't even know what it's like to fall off the edge, as I had never done so in my time of playing it. I deleted it within half an hour or so :l

Light Riders- Like Lightbike only with a first person mode and a top down mode along with the 3rd person mode
    I was part of the hype train, and it's one of my most regretted purchases.

10. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    Critter Crunch.

11. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    Time to add a few:

TNA - Other than the Square Enix RPG's, this is, by far, the best RPG that was on the App Store. Unfortunately, due to contract crap, it got pulled.

Blood 'N Guns - A fantastic dual-stick shooter. The amount of enemies on screen at once is just insane.

N.Y.Zombies - One of the best zombie games by far. Just buy it. Now.

Black Shades - Would have been a REALLY awesome game, but the controls just ruined it. It's not a bad game, but if it had better controls it'd be great.

7 Days Apocalypse (Now known as 7DA Zombiehunter, which is a stupid name tbh) - One of the first, if not the first, 3D dual-stick shooter, as well as one of the first zombie shooters that turned out to be really fun. It's still well worth the price of purchase.

Resident Evil Degeneration - It got some popularity in its time, but it's died down a lot since then. I still love the game and think it deserves attention as the only Resident Evil style game that I took the time to play through to the end. Aside from controls and graphics, it's definitely the best Resident Evil-style game out there. I think I enjoyed it slightly more than I did Zombie Infection.

12. RonBurgundy

May 2, 2010
    Anchorman
    Channel 4 Newsroom
    Anyone else see if rRootage works for them? Judging by the app store reviews it seems it works for some but not others.

13. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    whats TNA!!?!?!??!?!

14. Kaos999

Kaos999 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Australia
    It worked fine for me on OS 3.1.3, iPod Touch 2nd Gen.

15. RonBurgundy

May 2, 2010
    Anchorman
    Channel 4 Newsroom
    Hmm interesting... Maybe I will download it off itunes vrs the app store and maybe it will work for me then.

16. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    ron hurry up and respond!

17. Burton

Burton Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Canada
    if Juggle! had just a BIT more added to it, it would be a must have...

18. polarsolstice

polarsolstice Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2010
    World of Tunes : Super Awesome Elite Beat Agents clone with super cute theme and music

Jailbreak: Voice Onrush : Best pacman like game on the appstore.

Atlantis Sky Patrol : Best Luxor type game

19. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    TNA Wrestling... Stands for Total Nonstop Action in this sense... not... yeah, I think we get it.

Fantastic game nonetheless. It's unfortunate that it got pulled.

20. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    @Srd,

Funny, I was just trying to search TA yesterday to bump the Blood 'N Guns thread to ask if people are still playing it:) it's really a damn great, underrated game. 7 DA is a really good hidden, dual-stick shooter. RE Degeneration is one of the few "major company" games that has survived on my device from that period of idevice releases.
    NY Zombies rocks as well, and honestly captivated me beyond my pessimistic outlook of playing a stationary shooter.

@Nephilim, you are correct, Pandemonium is a great 2.5d platformer that is a steal at the price, absolutely a gem of underrated success.
    I never really enjoyed the controls in Black Shades, but I can understand it's appeal.