Interesting new article: iphone beating handhelds?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Stirolak26, Dec 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. walsh06

walsh06 Well-Known Member

My favourite reply was that saying there are no games to the quality of ds games. Ignorance must be bliss for them. We already have direct ports of their games for cheaper. One of the top ds games gta was sold for like 1/3 of the price.

2. csklimowski

csklimowski Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    I really wish that people would stop bragging that cell phones are beating neigh-obsolete handheld devices. Once the 3DS and PSP2 come out, then we'll talk.

3. Stirolak26

Stirolak26 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2010
  4. Stirolak26

Sep 19, 2010
    Ipad. 2 is coming out around the same time and btw you know the price difference considering how expensive those handhelds will be wont be that different right?

5. Stirolak26

Sep 19, 2010
    Aralon will be a genre defning ame and a game that will change the way ppl look at portable systems or handheld idevices in general. No 3ds or even psp game will reach its scope unless they somehow get brethesda to make a morrowind port. Most of the ppl commemting on those sites like joystiq or kotaku or even ign like dont even know It exists.

6. Ritchie Blackmore

Dec 3, 2010
    But that is assuming 100% of players are obsessed with the RPG genre however.

7. Stirolak26

Sep 19, 2010
    Most of the big hitters on the psp are jrpgs. The only real success it hsd is in jspsn with squre games.

8. dumaz1000

dumaz1000 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    #9 dumaz1000, Dec 9, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2010
    The PSP and DS are old and out-dated. It's not a fair fight to compare the latest generation of iDevices with the dated technology that powers the PSP and the DS. Come back after the 3DS has emerged and we'll see who the real champ is around these parts.

The 3DS will be huge. Mark my words on that. Nintendo is coming back and coming back strong.

The PSP 2 could provide a resurgance for Sony, so long as it comes with duel analog nubs. The PSP 2 will likely be the first duel stick handheld system. Sony can also make a comeback of sorts via the Playstation phone.

9. Kartel

Kartel Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2009
    Yeah, that's the reason DS and PSP sales are slowing down. Not the fact that they've been on the market for over 6 years and have sold more than 220 million combined...........no they're slowing down because of smartphones!!!

10. Stirolak26

Sep 19, 2010
    Lol u guys should even reqd some of the comments on yhe front page related article. Some guy i think named hank claims samurai 2, and galaxy on fire 2 arent real games. He probably gets off jerkimf it to ninndogs and cooking mania or thinks pokemon i a real hardcore mature game.

11. Krehol Games

Krehol Games Well-Known Member

funny

The comment were funny as heck. This one got me

"Ipod games usaully cost $5-$15 dollars" Lol what??

12. Stirolak26

Sep 19, 2010
    What i find real hypocrytical about these traditional gamers who refuse to evolve their tastes is that before the app store took off in the early psp era they would praise sega and beg them to release ports like crazy taxi and that fighting dreamcast game powerstone. But when anyone takes a remote look at the app store the ipad and iphone, gameloft has done it too and without any recognition or praise for it, with titles like rayman 2, earthworm jimm, driver, prince of persia, etc. So if they look they can have their hardcore or real gamer fiz at least on the ipad and its nice large display. Also, on gamwfaqs theg were begging capxom to make a street fighter 4 and resident evil port and devil may cry which all got announced and cancelled or never came out.

13. Spaztrigger

Spaztrigger Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2010
    Under your bed
    NO Apple pushes new devices every year. Sony/Nintendo pushes them like every 3-6 years