QuitIt! Episode 2 Green Room

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by 2n Productions, Aug 19, 2009.

1. 2n Productions

2n Productions Well-Known Member

#1 2n Productions, Aug 19, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2009
    [​IMG]

Hey everyone!

Lumpy wanted us to start this thread so that his fans can discuss Episode 2 (title to be announced later) of QuitIt!

He wants to apologize for the 2n team being pokey on bringing you EP2. But he assures you they've been listening to you here on TA and reading up on reviews to make EP2 pokerrific. Moving forward, the team’s goal is to shorten the amount of time between update releases.

The team will be sharing more EP2 info with you in the coming weeks on this thread, so be sure to poke on back! And Lumpy always loves your suggestions, comments, and fan mail!

Ben will be posting more dev-related tidbits here and on the blog, so if you’re into that techy-stuff, be sure to check it out!

So, to start things off, here’s a sneaky peek and a little taste of what’s to come:

• 2 minigames.
    • 7 new types of wacky user room themes to buy.
    • 8 pokers, including the zaptastic Tazer.

And there’s more stuff to be revealed later so stay tuned and keep on poking!

2. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    cool, looking forward to all the delish details on the upcoming update

:)

3. Medic8er

Medic8er Well-Known Member

May 25, 2009
    Paramedic
    Midwest
    Awesome! Can't wait to see what's in store for Lumpy :D

4. nodoctors

nodoctors Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2009
    mexcellent.

5. mobileben

mobileben Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2009
    Lumpy's Handler
    Zgrunturos and San Francisco
    Check this out. This is a sneak peek of the tazer.

[​IMG]

We'll give you a better look of it soon! We're still working out some kinks that will hopefully make it more zaptastic!

6. hi!

hi! Member

Jul 21, 2009
    can't wait!

7. yas

yas Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2009
    Rōnin developer
    [​IMG]

I thought I’d check in with Ben on the dev progress of the tazer this morning, but it seems like he was working on something else. As I came around to his workstation, he hastily turned off his monitor. Ha! But as he hit the power switch, I managed to swipe two photos from his desk of what seems to be Lumpy, so I thought I’d share them with everyone here at TA.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen Lumpy in this state before. In fact he looks quite disturbing. He kinda reminds me of a green alien from another film…

I asked Ben why Lumpy looks weird like this, and he said, “What are you talking about dude, Lumpy looks just fine!” But he was laughing maniacally as he was saying that, so I’m a bit skeptical.

Can any of you guys figure out what’s up with Lumpy?

8. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    :eek:WTF you guys are maniacs. What did you do to poor lumpy. You guys can be human. :p

9. yas

yas Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2009
    Rōnin developer
    Well, either Ben or Lumpy is hiding something. I'm perplexed as much as you are, ImNoSuperMan. :confused:

10. ImNoSuperMan

Jun 28, 2009
    Howz the tazer going btw. Is it charged yet :D:D

11. mobileben

mobileben Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2009
    Lumpy's Handler
    Zgrunturos and San Francisco
    I turn around for 1 sec and what happens!? Yas, I want those photos back! And I'm changing the locks to my lab ... again! I assure everyone Lumpy is fine. There, he just said it. Well you can't hear it, but take my word. He's sitting right next to me saying he's fine.

Tazer is going along well. The problem is all the batteries seem to be gone from our office. We've sent out someone to get more. In the meantime, here is a better rendering of it.

[​IMG]

I hope to have some pics soon of the blue guy getting zapped!

12. ImNoSuperMan

Jun 28, 2009
    Why care for batteries. Just plug the tazer into mains and start zapping already. :D

13. yas

yas Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2009
    Rōnin developer
    Hey Ben, those weren't the only photos I snagged off your desk. BWAHAHAHAHAHA! :D

14. Devilishly Good

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    tazer is looking nice, yup just find an extension chord

15. yas

yas Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2009
    Rōnin developer
    Hmm, somehow our extension cords have started to "magically" disappear. Grrrrrr. :mad:

Before I go looking for the cords in addition to the batteries, got some new info for y'all.

This past week has been a bit intense as Ben’s been extremely busy wrangling our artists to get new art into QuitIt! We’ve also been dealing with details on the launch of the update, so plenty of work to go around here at 2n HQ (not to mention the search for tazer batteries and now extension cords!).

Earlier this morning, I noticed that Lumpy left his iPhone on the desk. I wasn’t about to snoop around and check out what’s he has loaded up on his phone, but his phone rang and I just had to see who the caller was.

I managed to get a shot of the picture caller ID. Check it:

[​IMG]

Hmm, well Lumpy’s pho wallpaper is nice. But wait, who is that in the picture? I don’t think I’ve seen him around before.

I wonder if this is a new friend or pho…err foe of Lumpy…

16. yas

yas Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2009
    Rōnin developer
    I've been hiding from Ben because he wants the pics I stole from him.

But the TRUTH must be told! Ben can't stop me! BWAHAHAHAHA!

All i need to do is click on the "Submit Reply" button and the pic will be unleashed unto the interwebs!

Okay, so here it is...wait, is that Ben? Ha! It's too late Ben! I'm posting this, like it or @%!@P J:LSJKADLFJA:LSDFJA:LSM:LASDF2y 2t7dfjs;a;ads'fjkl;
    asdp[fkalsd

[​IMG]

17. ImNoSuperMan

Jun 28, 2009
    OOOOOHHH. That looks fantastic :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

18. Devilishly Good

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    +1 that is awesome :D

19. yas

yas Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2009
    Rōnin developer
    Name the Tazer Challenge!

I’m glad you guys like the tazer.

There’s one problem with the tazer tho’. We don’t have a name for it!

We’ve been busy dealing with all sorts of dev stuff, so we haven’t had the time to come up with a name for the thing.

So, here’s where you come in. Why let ImNoSuperMan have all the glory? Help us name the tazer! :D

Oh, and ImNoSuperMan, are you gonna sit idly by and let someone steal your thunder? ;)

Here are the submission rules:

• Please post your submissions directly in this “Green Room” thread.
    • Post as many names as you like. We’ll keep track of your submission.
    • We’ll accept submissions until midnight, Pacific time on Monday, August 30.
    • The name needs to be “Safe For Work.” Please use common sense and not submit nasty stuff.
    • The name cannot include the words “tazer” or “taser.”
    • IMPORTANT: The name CANNOT be longer than TWO WORDS of 20 CHARACTERS per each word.
    After submissions are closed, we’ll select 5 of your submissions and then create a poll so you can vote for your favorite tazer name!

Allrighty then, let the naming begin!

20. Devilishly Good

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    #20 Devilishly Good, Aug 29, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2009
    "The Zapper"
    "Shocking Fun"