iPad Disc Drivin' - Turn-based online multiplayer racing!

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Pixelocity, Dec 14, 2010.

1. Pixelocity

Pixelocity Well-Known Member

#1 Pixelocity, Dec 14, 2010
    Last edited: May 11, 2012
    Disc Drivin', Disc Drivin' Free, and Disc Drivin' HD are now available in the App Store in the US! Gameplay video and iTunes info follows:

Disc Drivin'

Pixelocity Software LLC
    Disc Drivin’ is fun, social, turn-based racing! Race against your friends at your own pace with the swipe of your finge…
    TouchArcade Rating:
    $2.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Disc Drivin’ is fun, social, turn-based racing! Race against your friends at your own pace with the swipe of your finger. Use awesome powers and avoid hazards on beautiful tracks with full 3D physics! _________________________________________ • Touch Arcade "Disc Drivin' is a total blast to play... The gameplay is just so satisfying, and the turn-based nature fits into a busy lifestyle" • 148 Apps - ** Editor's Choice ** "Disc Drivin’ is easily one of the most addictive games I have ever played on iOS." • Slide To Play - ** 4 out of 4 (Must Have) ** "Few multiplayer games have drawn us in like Disc Drivin’... Pick up Disc Drivin’, tell your friends to do the same, and start your finger-flicking engines." • The APPera - ** Best iPhone Games 2010 ** "If you haven't heard of this game, all that will change this year." • AppAdvice - ** 4 Stars (Should Buy) ** "One of the more entertaining social games to hit the App Store as of late." _________________________________________ Gameplay • Easy, fun, swipe controls to propel your disc • Full 3D physics • Activate powers during your turn like turbo boost, bombs, and oil slicks • Unique obstacles in each track such as bumpers, barriers, and ramps • Replay last turn of each player • Lots of unique tracks in 4 different environments • Beautiful retina display graphics • Customize your disc decal and color Multiplayer • Play-at-your-own-pace, turn-based multiplayer • Play up to 20 simultaneous online games • Challenge your friends and random opponents • Up to 4 players in online games • Play locally with Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, or pass-and-play on a single device with up to 8 players • Chat in-game with your friends • Push notifications when it is your turn
    Information
    Seller:Pixelocity Software LLC
    Genre:Action, Racing
    Release:Dec 13, 2010
    Updated:Aug 05, 2023
    Version:3.9
    Size:40.2 MB
    User Rating: (10)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

Disc Drivin' Lite

Pixelocity Software LLC
    This is the free version of Disc Drivin'. Check out Disc Drivin' or Disc Drivin' HD for a version without ads. Disc Dr…
    TouchArcade Rating:
    Free
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    This is the free version of Disc Drivin'. Check out Disc Drivin' or Disc Drivin' HD for a version without ads. Disc Drivin’ is fun, social, turn-based racing! Race against your friends at your own pace with the swipe of your finger. Use awesome powers and avoid hazards on beautiful tracks with full 3D physics! ________________________________________ • Touch Arcade "Disc Drivin' is a total blast to play... The gameplay is just so satisfying, and the turn-based nature fits into a busy lifestyle" • 148 Apps - ** Editor's Choice ** "Disc Drivin’ is easily one of the most addictive games I have ever played on iOS." • Slide To Play - ** 4 out of 4 (Must Have) ** "Few multiplayer games have drawn us in like Disc Drivin’... Pick up Disc Drivin’, tell your friends to do the same, and start your finger-flicking engines." • The APPera - ** Best iPhone Games 2010 ** "If you haven't heard of this game, all that will change this year." • AppAdvice - ** 4 Stars (Should Buy) ** "One of the more entertaining social games to hit the App Store as of late." _________________________________________ Gameplay • Easy, fun, swipe controls to propel your disc • Full 3D physics • Activate powers during your turn like turbo boost, bombs, and oil slicks • Unique obstacles in each track such as bumpers, barriers, and ramps • Replay last turn of each player • Lots of unique tracks in 4 different environments • Beautiful retina display graphics • Customize your disc decal and color Multiplayer • Play-at-your-own-pace, turn-based multiplayer • Play up to 20 simultaneous online games • Challenge your friends and random opponents • Up to 4 players in online games • Play locally with Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, or pass-and-play on a single device with up to 8 players • Chat in-game with your friends • Push notifications when it is your turn
    Information
    Size:43.9 MB
    User Rating: (5)

Disc Drivin' HD

Pixelocity Software LLC
    Disc Drivin’ is fun, social, turn-based racing! Race against your friends at your own pace with the swipe of your finger…
    $4.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Disc Drivin’ is fun, social, turn-based racing! Race against your friends at your own pace with the swipe of your finger. Use awesome powers and avoid hazards on beautiful tracks with full 3D physics! _________________________________________ • Touch Arcade "Disc Drivin' is a total blast to play... The gameplay is just so satisfying, and the turn-based nature fits into a busy lifestyle" • 148 Apps - ** Editor's Choice ** "Disc Drivin’ is easily one of the most addictive games I have ever played on iOS." • Slide To Play - ** 4 out of 4 (Must Have) ** "Few multiplayer games have drawn us in like Disc Drivin’... Pick up Disc Drivin’, tell your friends to do the same, and start your finger-flicking engines." • The APPera - ** Best iPhone Games 2010 ** "If you haven't heard of this game, all that will change this year." • AppAdvice - ** 4 Stars (Should Buy) ** "One of the more entertaining social games to hit the App Store as of late." _________________________________________ Gameplay • Easy, fun, swipe controls to propel your disc • Full 3D physics • Activate powers during your turn like turbo boost, bombs, and oil slicks • Unique obstacles in each track such as bumpers, barriers, and ramps • Replay last turn of each player • Lots of unique tracks in 4 different environments • Beautiful retina display graphics • Customize your disc decal and color Multiplayer • Play-at-your-own-pace, turn-based multiplayer • Play up to 20 simultaneous online games • Challenge your friends and random opponents • Up to 4 players in online games • Play locally with Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, or pass-and-play on a single device with up to 8 players • Chat in-game with your friends • Push notifications when it is your turn
    Information
    Release:Mar 18, 2011
    Size:38.7 MB
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (2)

2. colorsound

colorsound Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Video Game Developer / Photographer / Graphic Arti
    Detroit, MI
    does this game have AI - or a 1 player option?

3. Pixelocity

You can play against yourself via pass-and-play, but no AI option. We may consider it for a future update if it's a popular request. Thanks for asking!

4. gammabeam

gammabeam Well-Known Member

This looks fun! I'll download it as soon as I get back on my Mac! :D

5. djflippy

djflippy Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
  6. Pixelocity

Disc Drivin' now out worldwide! New and Noteworthy Racing!

Disc Drivin' and Disc Drivin' Free are now available in the App Store worldwide! And they can be found in the New and Noteworthy racing games!

Check out the gameplay video and iTunes links below:

Disc Drivin' Lite

Pixelocity Software LLC
    This is the free version of Disc Drivin'. Check out Disc Drivin' or Disc Drivin' HD for a version without ads. Disc Dr…
    TouchArcade Rating:
    Free
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    This is the free version of Disc Drivin'. Check out Disc Drivin' or Disc Drivin' HD for a version without ads. Disc Drivin’ is fun, social, turn-based racing! Race against your friends at your own pace with the swipe of your finger. Use awesome powers and avoid hazards on beautiful tracks with full 3D physics! ________________________________________ • Touch Arcade "Disc Drivin' is a total blast to play... The gameplay is just so satisfying, and the turn-based nature fits into a busy lifestyle" • 148 Apps - ** Editor's Choice ** "Disc Drivin’ is easily one of the most addictive games I have ever played on iOS." • Slide To Play - ** 4 out of 4 (Must Have) ** "Few multiplayer games have drawn us in like Disc Drivin’... Pick up Disc Drivin’, tell your friends to do the same, and start your finger-flicking engines." • The APPera - ** Best iPhone Games 2010 ** "If you haven't heard of this game, all that will change this year." • AppAdvice - ** 4 Stars (Should Buy) ** "One of the more entertaining social games to hit the App Store as of late." _________________________________________ Gameplay • Easy, fun, swipe controls to propel your disc • Full 3D physics • Activate powers during your turn like turbo boost, bombs, and oil slicks • Unique obstacles in each track such as bumpers, barriers, and ramps • Replay last turn of each player • Lots of unique tracks in 4 different environments • Beautiful retina display graphics • Customize your disc decal and color Multiplayer • Play-at-your-own-pace, turn-based multiplayer • Play up to 20 simultaneous online games • Challenge your friends and random opponents • Up to 4 players in online games • Play locally with Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, or pass-and-play on a single device with up to 8 players • Chat in-game with your friends • Push notifications when it is your turn
    Information
    Size:43.9 MB
    User Rating: (5)

Disc Drivin'

Pixelocity Software LLC
    Disc Drivin’ is fun, social, turn-based racing! Race against your friends at your own pace with the swipe of your finge…
    TouchArcade Rating:
    $2.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Information
    Size:40.2 MB
    User Rating: (10)

7. Pixelocity

We're New and Noteworthy in Action games too! Check it out and let us know what you think!

8. Pixelocity

Oh by the way, my username is 'cannos' if you're looking for an opponent. At least while my game list isn't full. :)

9. hasio_john

hasio_john Well-Known Member

Fantastic game with beautiful graphics & visuals, great 3d physics and lot of challenging tracks for may hours of enjoyable gameplay ... i love it!!!:D
    Any plans for updates?? Maybe some new power-ups?

10. kshep

kshep Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Sep 15, 2008
    I have to say I'm loving this game. Ever since we released Max Adventure I've been spending all my free time playing this game. Forget all the big title releases, this is what I'm playing more than any of them! I've got about 10 simultaneous rounds going on right now in this game. My username is kshep if anyone wants to race!

-Keith

11. Leadfoot5

Leadfoot5 Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2008
    I'm Leadfoot5 if anyone wants to race. :)

12. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    #12 Gabrien, Dec 19, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2010
    I'm enjoying the free version but in two minds about whether to upgrade to the full. At $4 it's just out of the "impulse buy" range, and without actual matchmaking it's hard to tell how many people are playing this online and if there's a strong enough community to hold interest. It doesn't look like there are even any statistics or so much as a leaderboard for number of matches won. No matchmaking, no lobby, no chat. I don't know. I do like the game, but at the moment it's just a hard sell at the price. @Devs: Are there any actual online features coming?

EDIT: "Gabrien" if anyone wants to add me. (There really, at least, needs to be a player list somewhere in-game. In the form of a leaderboard would kill two birds with one stone.)

13. Pixelocity

Hey everyone, thanks for the great posts. First, to Gabrien, the paid version should only be $2.99. But if you're enjoying the free version, by all means keep playing the free one! It is a complete full featured version of the game, it just has advertising in it. So don't feel like you're missing out on anything by not paying.

To both Gabrien and hasio_john, yes, we have a lot of updates planned! We know our first priority is making it easier to find players. We're adding FB/twitter support so its easier to get your friends in the game. Then we'll look into adding Game Center support.

There's also a little twitter community growing with a bunch of great people. Follow @PixelocitySW for more info.

Thanks for all the feedback, we are definitely listening! We're proud of version 1.0 of the game, but there is a lot we'd like to add to make it even better!

14. Rocketball

Rocketball Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2010
    Any plans for an IPad version or making it universal?

15. Well done little game. Could use a single-player mode though, and iPad support would be nice too.

16. Pixelocity

Mindfield, when you say single player do you mean vs. an AI? Or do you just mean a single device practice mode?

Rocketball, Mindfield - we definitely want to make an iPad version. Several things to add to the iPhone/iPod version first, then we'll get to it!

17. Stan

Stan Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2010
    USA
    "stan" is my username!

18. I meant single player vs. AI. Just so if you want to have a go locally without having to find someone else to play with.

Out of curiosity, would you make an iPad-specific version or a universal binary?

19. Pixelocity

You can play against yourself locally with pass-and-play, but we don't have any immediate plans for AI. We'll definitely consider it down the line though if a ton of people are craving it!

We haven't really gotten too far into the iPad planning. The first thought was an iPad-specific version but that could change once we start working on it. We'll definitely talk more about it once there's something to talk about. :)

20. dosch033

dosch033 Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Add me : Always ready for a game : Dosch033
    Awesome game :D Would like to see an universal build. For the actual price I'd like to see it as an universal app. An I hope you include a Player Vs AI mode and GameCenter ;D That's all !