Universal Horn (by Phosphor Games Studio)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Aug 16, 2012.

1. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    This is what Fishlabs did to Galaxy On Fire 2 HD. Just like Horn, that game is ONLY playable on newer devices (iPhone 4S, iPad 2 and iPad 3), but due to the Apple requirements a lot of people downloaded the game even while using an iPhone 4, iPod Touch 4, iPod Touch 3, etc and they were complaining a lot in the iTunes page, so Fishlabs "fixed" the crashing problems in these devices, but the game is still unplayable in those devices with almost constant framerate drops because the game was made to newer devices.

2. heringer

heringer Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2011
  3. Alister

Alister Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2012
    Philippines
    Surprised..

I thought this was suppose to be F2P to begin with as stated on their press release..Or is there going to be a freemium version like DM??With all the talk of Freemium as the future of gaming on their previous statement,what happened to the surprising and sudden change??(not that im complaining)...Just want answers..

4. Adamo

Adamo Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2011
  5. agentblank

agentblank Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    I like the conversations between you and the pygon's head. It has the comedy that dark meadow had, and I really like that.

6. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    I didn't like infinity blade but this looks AMAZING!!!! :D :D shame I only have 2 dollars left...

Wait this doesn't run on iPod?? Crap...

7. Ausar

Ausar Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    BCN
    well i'm not sure is this is "ok" but here it goes is there any problem i edit the post.

For those that hate the zynga logo on the icon well with a little photoshop here is the icon without the logo you and you can change it without jailbreak opening the ipa with winrar or any type of program like that and placing the new icon in the correct location it can also be done with iexplorer, diskaid and if you have jailbreak more easy with winterboard

http://i46.tinypic.com/2akcva.png

8. Phosphor_chip

Phosphor_chip Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2011
    >>So there's a patch for the iPod Touch 4th Gen but you still say that it's still unsupported. So what I'm asking is after the patch is released, will it be playable onthe iPod Touch 4th Gen?<<

Early crash aside on Touch4, yes it works, but it is unsupported because it is much lower graphics, etc. We don't want people to pay and download the game and expect the same experience and be mad about it, so we'd rather not have them spend money and be disappointed.

But it does work, and I just personally confirmed I could get a couple hours into the game on iTouch4 on patched version (not version in the store) .

>>In any case, still hope that further optimization allows support for the 3GS in the future.<<

My phone is a 3GS so I sympathize! The game just doesn’t run on 3GS, almost like getting a 360 game to work on a DS. It does work in isolated test areas, so we will continue to look into though.

9. Leegames

Leegames Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Ex. game journalist and EiC now PR
    Denmark
    #109 Leegames, Aug 16, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2012
    What a great looking game. And good story with tons of personality.

Unfortunately I really despise the touch-to-move controls, especially in a 3D game. They are really bad here at times. Even though the rest works like a charm.

An easy fix would be to make a button for running. You turn the camera anyways, so why not simple have one button to make Horn run?

10. Phosphor_chip

Phosphor_chip Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2011
    >>An easy fix would be to make a button for running. You turn the camera anyways, so why not simple have one button to make Horn run?<<

that is something we have discussed but didn't have time to get to. We also discussed tap to go where you want, but press and hold would allow you to just run forward and stop on release. We are looking into something like this for a future patch (not first one though)

11. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    That's ashame. I know that both the iPod Touch 4G and 3GS both have 256 MB of Ram. But I guess it's the A4 chip that makes the difference. What's funny is that I sometimes read on these forums about people having problems running games on a 4G but there's no problem running them on a 3GS. Not sure what causes that.

Anyway, I understand. Due to funds, I'm usually at least a generation behind, unfortunately.

12. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Retina display. Games nearly always perform better on 3rd gen devices then on 4th because of the higher res.

13. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    Yeah, that's a great question...

DBC

14. proof21

proof21 Well-Known Member

May 25, 2012
    Infinity blade ran almost flawlessly on
    My 3GS and so did less impressive 3D titles like Dead SPace, hope this will figure its way onto the 3GS. I'm starting to see a trend......I might need a new phone :(

15. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Ok, so I haven't bought the game, still waiting for a definite answer to this: how bad are the IAPs, can one progress/complete the game without them, getting all equipment and such, or are they too obnoxious. Some insight in this would be greatly appreciated.

16. JagerBombS

JagerBombS Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    These threads are always so disappointing, people arguing over pricing and IAP. So here's my take on the game.

This game is captivating and everything I hope for in a video game. The world that is created is beautiful and full of life and character. It has Fable feel to me for some reason. The voice acting, music, sounds are all great. The story drew me right in, granted its not real deep but I am hooked. It is fun to play, no complaints about the controls and I know there is inevitably going to be people complaining and wanting a d-pad, you have a whole touchscreen to utilize and it does it well. Tons of weapons, all forgeable and upgradable, and blueprints to hunt for.

This a real game, designed for your device, not a port of an old ass game. It has style and substance, and really does feel like a console game. The "it's Zynga, I'll pass" attitude is foolish. I'm not gonna quit drinking Hoegarden because Budweiser bought it and puts it on the shelf, I'm going to enjoy the s#%t out of it.

17. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Actually I consider Dead Space to be far more impressive than IB1 in every possible way, even graphically, because it's at least varied, the ipad 2 build (which can be modded to run on an ipad 3) looks phenomenal, and the only real issue is the low res textures for the necromorphs, particularly the slashers...but I digress.

18. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Yeah, that makes sense. And I understand Phosphor_chip's concern about even 4G people not being happy with lower res graphics and thus complain in reviews. Guess I'm in the boat where I'd rather be able to play the game at lower res than not at all!

19. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    You lost me at "port of an old assed game". To which port are referring to specifically, or just all of them in general? Because some of the best games on the appstore are ports.

20. JazzFlight

JazzFlight Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2009
    New York
    Seconding this, but I'm also wondering if you can grind to get both currencies repeatedly or if there's a limit. Some of those costumes look interesting, but if you can only earn so many of the premium currency in a playthrough, I'm a bit more hesitant to drop my $6.99.