Anybody use AppTapp?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by CharredDirt, Apr 26, 2012.

1. CharredDirt

CharredDirt Well-Known Member

The site (apptap.com) looks really cool and I know it will really get your game ads out on a lot of sites (toucharcade.com being one of them). Granted, you need roughly $6K to start the campaign. Anybody use them for trying to get your app noticed? Results, feedback? I'd love to hear more about it.

2. PixelEnvision

PixelEnvision Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    Indie Developer
    Brighton, UK
    Sorry no feedback here but thanks for the link. $6K seems much but depending on the exposure it provides, might be feasible...

3. CharredDirt

Oh sure. They pretty much cover any major app site you've ever heard of. You can adjust it too for more or less exposure. Pretty sweet site. hopefully I'll use it.

4. mr.Ugly

mr.Ugly Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Berlin, Germany
    why do you need a service to book ads on websites?

5. CharredDirt

A very good question my friend. Allow me to answer.

1. Its obviously more convenient than talking to 15 separate websites
    2. Most of Touch Arcade's (for example) ads are sold out for 2012. However, some of their spots are reserved for 3rd party advertisers like AppTap. They might be able to get me in sooner.
    3. Timing is everything. I want a coordinated effort when I launch the game, not 15 different time slots spread throughout the year.

6. mr.Ugly

mr.Ugly Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Berlin, Germany
    well.. if they can gurantee a synced ad campaign.. but i would still look into how much they actualy charge for their work and how much that differs from what one would pay directly to thoose websites.

if any of the comments on this board regarding usefullness of banner ads for product promotion is an indicator how well such ads work..

as an odd example.. i think taking thoose 6k and making a social network based raffle giving away 12 ipads.. could get you probably alot more attention than just a banner ads..

i don't know i probably know nothing about pr.. but then again i think a more creative approach of using your funds would be wiser.. because the big boys run campaigns that are hundredfold bigger.. but usualy generic boring stuff..

and here is the indies bonus.. they are more flexible and can try out things that are not standard and need approval from 20 different departments for a green light that won't be given..

but then again.. i have no clue about pr.. :)

7. CharredDirt

Thats a good point about cost. So far, its a little hard because its an apples to oranges comparison. Touch arcade direct sells ad slots for a week but apptap's touch arcade ad goes by blocks of 1k impressions. At some point, I'll compare some other sites as well to see if there's a way to tell which price is better.

Here's a link off their site. I guess its their affiliate buysellads. They have an iphone developer bundle. Check it out.

http://buysellads.com/buy/bundle/id/41