Game of Thrones: A Telltale Game Series (iOS)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by KiddToKmart, Dec 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    And gay sex.

2. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    Was nice knowing you. I'm pretty sure a perma-ban is imminent for ya :)

3. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    No, not really...that too does describe Game of Thrones. ;)

Also, if I could abuse my mod powers, I'd perma-ban a certain other person. :p I mean hell... http://bit.ly/1dilEER Click that. Fake, eh?

4. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    ^True. Maybe, just maybe, is it possible to open up some threads with a popup/disclaimer that there is mature content in the game?

5. Touchmint

Touchmint Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Excited but I hate trailers with 0 gameplay at all. This could be a horse racing game for all we know.

6. TheMerc

TheMerc Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2012
    Telltale has just announced this game's release date on their Twitter page. Following the trend of previous Telltale games, Game of Thrones will be released on December 4th, a few days after the console versions. No details regarding the Android version yet, other than that it will also come out in December:

https://twitter.com/telltalegames

7. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Bloody fantastic. :)

8. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    That would be awesome if it's released on the 4th. Is there a date for the Borderlands one? I seen the post about it being on steam already.

I will 100% be getting both, loved both the walking dead games and the wolf among us. Besides I like Borderlands more than any of those! And Game of Thrones is also one of my favourites.

9. KineticBlur

KineticBlur Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2014
    Well... this hasn't showed up on the list of NZ releases today so far :(

10. Kyoshin

Kyoshin Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2008
    Student
    Belgium, Maasmechelen
    Enjoyed the walking dead spinoff, it was a different approach on the main storyline. If you read the Ice and Fire books, there isn't any room for that. So I'm curious if they're following the story or not, based on that I will decide if its worth the purchase. If they do, it will be so slow paced that you need to buy so many episodes.. Skeptical.

11. BitStern

BitStern Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2014
    I'm also not sure, if I should buy this. Original voice actors and a side story of a house which is mentioned in the book DOES sound nice though.

12. Kyoshin

Kyoshin Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2008
    Student
    Belgium, Maasmechelen
    A house with the least amount of information written by Martin. I dunno, it gives them freedom to do whatever they want but in an epic fantasy world it would be distractive I think. Gonna let it pass, fancy the next damn book a bit more.

13. Pipipitchu

Pipipitchu Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Civil Servant
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    I don't watch the series and I don't read the book. Am I going to miss something if I play the game? I had no problems playing Wolf Among Us without reading Fables, but this game looks more related to it's source material.

14. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

I'm sure it will show up tomorrow.

The game is great by the way, I've played it on PC and it's a promising start. Between this and Tales from the Borderlands, Telltale is continuing to deliver great episodic games.

15. BackupHero

BackupHero Well-Known Member

May 9, 2014
    Jade City, BC, Canada
    Looks like this game will be full of spoilers for people who haven't seen the series or read the books. So I'll have to catch up on that until I get this. Oh, and where the heck is Tales from the Borderlands on iOS?

16. BunkeredChimp

BunkeredChimp Active Member

May 5, 2014
    Is tales from the borderlands coming to iOS as well?

17. TheMerc

TheMerc Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2012
    #39 TheMerc, Dec 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2014
    It is. No release date has been announced (I'd imagine Telltale would want it to be available before the end of the year), but an iOS release has been confirmed.

The Game of Thrones game, on the other hand, will, like killercow said, probably see a simultaneous worldwide release at midnight.

18. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Thought it would hit at midnight still but nothing here, maybe it'll all launch at one time today?