Cado - Fun physics puzzler

Discussion in 'Android Games' started by Niels_Huusmann, Jun 25, 2014.

1. Niels_Huusmann

Jun 25, 2014
    #1 Niels_Huusmann, Jun 25, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2014
    Hi guys

Please go check out our game Cado that is available for Android. Comment and help us make the game even better!
    [​IMG]
    We all know that words are in motion and constantly writing and defining the world we live in. But not many people know that the dot above the letter i, is called Cado. One day Cado falls asleep for just a couple of seconds. Words move fast and when Cado opens his eye, he is all alone. Help bring Cado back to the alphabet and restore the letter i.

Rotate Cado’s world to guide him to the exit in each level in this physics puzzler. Tap on either side of the screen to rotate the entire world, and try to roll Cado towards the star in each level before reaching the exit. Cado falls and tumbles around sharp corners and deadly spikes, and it is up to you to get it safely to the portal without it falling off.
    [​IMG]
    Features:
    - +50 fun and challenging levels
    - Simple and intuitive controls
    - Unique game play, take control of the world around Cado
    - Physics-based game, use gravity to your advantage

How to play:
    - Touch either side of the screen to rotate the level
    - Steer Cado around the levels with gravity

Get Cado for free at Google Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.huusmann.cado

Trailer: http://youtu.be/2keRhl33EPo
    Gameplay video: http://youtu.be/XLBPIpcJEl0

2. Bewi

Bewi Well-Known Member

It looks nice. I'll check it and give my impressions.

3. Bewi

Bewi Well-Known Member

I've played the game through the first ten levels and I must say I like it a lot. It's a physics game where you have to rotate the "world" to reach the exit and try to grab the star on the way to it.

I'll make my way on more levels to see how it turns.

4. Niels_Huusmann

Jun 25, 2014
    Glad you like it!
    Please get back to us with more feedback on how we can improve the game.

5. Niels_Huusmann

Jun 25, 2014
  6. Bewi

Bewi Well-Known Member

Hi,

I prefer the number one because drawings are better than letter.

7. Niels_Huusmann

Jun 25, 2014
    I think you are right - drawings are better than letters.
    Thank you for your comment!

8. Niels_Huusmann

Jun 25, 2014
    New icon for Cado

We have made a new icon for our game Cado. In making the icon we have combined the best elements from our icon designs based on feedback from different forums. The new icon reflects calmness and gives a feeling of Cados personality while still giving an idea of what the game is about. Hope you like it!?!

[​IMG]

You can download Cado for free here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.huusmann.cado&hl=en

9. gloriarood

gloriarood Member

Apr 18, 2014
    Hey, thanks for contacting me... your game is quite good usually puzzle games are my favorite because it helps mind to sharpen the imagination, even if its silly puzzle game... And your game is quite interesting and fun to play... i will surely try this game

Best of luck with your game... and i think that you should add game video in play store

10. Niels_Huusmann

Jun 25, 2014
    Thanks for replying. I'm happy that you like Cado.We will for sure add a game video in the play store. Right now we are working on a teaser for Cado that should be finished next week.

11. Niels_Huusmann

Jun 25, 2014
  12. Niels_Huusmann

Jun 25, 2014
    Thanks a lot. Hope you like Cado when you get a chance to try it.

13. Niels_Huusmann

Jun 25, 2014
  14. WhiteSponge

WhiteSponge Well-Known Member

Hey my bad for the late opinion post.

Regarding the icon, I am just curious to why the small little star is there (on the bottom right corner).

From what I have learnt from making Small Chronicles and Folo Hearts, an icon would look more appealing if the focus is only on 1 shape. 1 shape and no words :D

Other than that I really like the gameplay ^^

Just a little curiosity though ~ which art direction were you heading for when you designed Cado?

If it was minimalism and if I were you, i would just make the whole background white (without the graph lines). Just a personal opinion :D

15. Won-O-Soft

Won-O-Soft Active Member

May 30, 2010
    Game Developer
    Your game looks really entertaining. I really like the style.

16. Niels_Huusmann

Jun 25, 2014
    Hey
    Thanks for your comment!

Regarding the icon the idea was to feature Cado and add some elements from the game (the star and the portal) in order to show everybody what the game is about. I hope that it doesn't get to confusing with these elements?

I'm glad you like the gameplay - that is very important :) Did you experience any bugs while playing?

When starting out Cado was made in a very sketchy graphical style which looks like something everybody could have made. That is why we have graph lines in the background. We are keeping the sketchy style but working on giving Cado a graphical overhaul. In that process we are removing the graph lines and adding some sort of gradient background. If you have any more questions or ideas regarding the graphics we are open for suggestions :)

Thank you for you feedback. It is very much appreciated :)

Best regards

Niels

17. Niels_Huusmann

Jun 25, 2014
    Thank you.
    What do you think about the gameplay?

Best
    Niels

18. Niels_Huusmann

Jun 25, 2014
    New worlds for Cado

We are working on an in game world selection for Cado and here are some design images for them. They will be in the next big Cado update. What do you guys think about them?
    Cado in the jungle:
    [​IMG]

Cado in the snow world:
    [​IMG]

19. Niels_Huusmann

Jun 25, 2014
    Here is a level design from the jungle world. Any feedback is welcome!!!

[​IMG]

20. Niels_Huusmann

Jun 25, 2014
    Picture from our garden world. We are trying to add some colors and life to Cado. Any other suggestions on how to do that?

[​IMG]