Minigore Zombies [by Mountain Sheep]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by TimoVihola, Sep 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TimoVihola

TimoVihola Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Creative Director at Mountain Sheep inc
    We are certainly working on this. Hack'n slash is a new challenging genre for us and we want to make it really awesome!

I don't know if posting video, screenshots and extra info makes the waiting easier or worse but because so many of you have requested info here's two recent screenshots to prove that progress is being made:

[​IMG]

Drewskii: Minigore update was just a maintenance update, the game is not in active development - those resources are focused on Minigore Zombies. (If we stop doing maintenance updates the game could stop working on new iOS versions or devices.)

I prefer to post in the released games section of Bike Baron and Ice Rage because most the things I talk about there are ready to be submitted within a week or two. It's quick to throw new info out there because I know it's coming out almost exactly as intended.

In this case the game is still a work in progress and then people will want to know why we changed this or that or why is this feature removed and why was that added, that requires much more time to respond.

2. Drewskii

Drewskii Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Student
    Much Much thanks. I want to apologize. I lost my cool and for that I'm sorry. I really enjoy your other games. I'm just overwhelmed and I jumped the gun. It's one of my problems that I am working on. I meant no disrespect. Truly. I just am so excited for Zombies that I couldn't take it and I acted impulsively. but thanks for the explanation. Thanks for the update. I'm not asking for forgiveness but understanding.

3. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    I feel bad for killing the Zombie Grandparents after using them in the first Minigore game :(

4. TimoVihola

TimoVihola Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Creative Director at Mountain Sheep inc
    No worries, we're thankful to have players who enjoy our games :)

5. Vinny554

Vinny554 Well-Known Member

.....+1

6. Biggavelli

Biggavelli Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2011
    Boston,MA
    Looking forward to this.

7. rooteboy

rooteboy Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2010
    Student/Beta Tester
    Earth......for now
    Finally some screen shots, it looks great :)

One question though: in the photo of minigore zombies on your website it shows the lake map that you teased a while ago, will there be more than just the graveyard and the lake map in this game?

8. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Damn it... I way enjoying the tension and mythological vibe created by elusive information and long wait. Now I feel more like this game is a reality, one that will surely not match my expecations which by now are that this will be a legendary once in a lifetime game.

...by that I meant thanks Timo for posting info!

9. Drewskii

Oct 18, 2011
    Student
    I have a question for anyone who can answer about the original Minigore. I'm trying to 5 star as many characters as I can. I have White Gangster Gore at 5 and Sensei Evan at 4.

My question is this...I am also playing as the penguin mob and I have spent quite a bit of time on them also. They haven't raised a star. Does anybody have any stars with them or know how long it takes to get a star?

10. Quantum Apocalypse

Quantum Apocalypse Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    There's a bug where the stars go to the emperor penguin instead I believe.

11. Drewskii

Oct 18, 2011
    Student
    Thank you. I appreciate it.

12. Mr. Anon

Mr. Anon Well-Known Member

May 31, 2011
    Going to school
    East Coast, USA
    Hey timo, can you tell us if their will be a storyline or any objective earned things? Could spice up the game a little. Just throwing ideas out their.

13. Drewskii

Oct 18, 2011
    Student
    I think that there is already an implicit storyline to Minigore. Here's how I look at it.

The map looks like a book with the only two levels as "chapters" in the story. Zombies will as new ones. Here is still my thoughts.

The Master of Puppets wants to kill John Gore probably due to an unpaid debts. To do so he turns Hardland in a hell zone with the evil furry creatures. The playable characters are other residents caught up in the mess.

The storyline will of Zombies will probably be that after failing for six months (snow map to forest map), The Master of Puppets commissions Dr. Metusalem to raise an army of the undead to finish John. This gives rise to Dead Jester, Monstrosity, and all the other Zombie bosses. As usual, the rest of Hardland gets caught up in the ordeal.

14. Mr. Anon

Mr. Anon Well-Known Member

May 31, 2011
    Going to school
    East Coast, USA
    Oh, sorry for the late response. I hope that is true. Basically what I meant is thati don't want a repetitive survival game. To throw in some twists. You know?

15. P.T.

P.T. Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2011
    The Netherlands
    Will this game be universal?

16. rooteboy

rooteboy Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2010
    Student/Beta Tester
    Earth......for now
    Well it says it on the first page so yea it is

17. Drewskii

Oct 18, 2011
    Student
    #217 Drewskii, Apr 23, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2012
    No problem. Something tells me that there may be. Either way this game will be EPIC!!!! The biggest twist (for me at least) is the introduction to hack n' slash. I think that with the two videos placed up on YouTube around July of last year there will be some storyline (night 1 creature A attacks..etc). The bosses make me think that way. I hope I didn't confuse the issue any more.

This right here is a hunch I have so I'm not sure myself. Remember the YouTube vids I mentioned? White Gangster Gore is featured in one Penguin Mob in the other. Something tells me that data might be transferable from Minigore (Stars on characters. Maybe even character packs we may have bought from Minigore). This is all speculation on my part, however...but I do hope it's true.

18. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Ive been waiting on this since it was released. It's been creaks, howls and tumbleweeds and still all we have are speculations.

Im still waiting, but to be honest, the excitement is slowly fading.

19. Jacob007

Jacob007 Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Indiana
    Have to agree. Zombie games are a little too cliche, but this may be a good , fresh addition. We'll see.

20. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    I heard a rumor Mountain Sheep will only release Minigore Zombies once they've received demandijg pleas from 5,000 fans on release date... 1,006 to go, keep them coming.