Wow that was scary..My Apple charger just exploded and burnt out..

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by xxteargodxx, Nov 9, 2013.

1. Bytebrain

Bytebrain Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2010
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Well, if you click the link to the original article there's no longer any mention of an iPad air, it just says iPad now. That in itself ought to be enough.

2. Appletini

Appletini Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    As has already been pointed out to you multiple times, this is the original article the others have cited as their source. Not once does it mention the device being an iPad Air, and we can plainly see that the affected device is physically not a match to the Air either.

On top of that, you've embarrassed yourself by once again posting a link that contradicts your position and supports mine. The Macworld link you just provided states the following:

You were wrong, and the "argument" is over.

3. Let's just call it a tablet, then maybe all this argueing can stop.

4. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    You should have burned down your house and sued Apple for tons of damages. Missed your chance to be a millionaire :(

5. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    [​IMG]

THERES STILL A CHANCE FOR PYROMANIACY!

But seriously, thats a really dumb idea.

6. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    If anything that just proves what I said originally and how Apple does damage control by slightly altering the story, same as the charger in china the first stories on it stated original apple charger then that gradually got washed away with Apples warnings about fakes.

Apples very good at putting their own spin on damage control, and if they can get away with blaming the user or a third party that's what they will do everytime.

I don't necessarily blame Apple it's just the sensible thing to do and this type of thing can and will happen to any brand especially where lithium batteries are concerned.

7. Bytebrain

Jul 24, 2010
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    So, you'll rather invent your own conspiracy theory and believe that Apple is an all powerful and evil company and can make journalists change their stories, instead of using the common sense we're all born with and come to the obvious conclusion:
    The press have changed their story because the original claim of a burning iPad Air was wrong!

8. Teknikal

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    #28 Teknikal, Nov 11, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2013
    That's what Spin and reputation management is, it isn't a conspiracy theory it's a business practise.

Just found another claim of not an Air, not saying it's a conspiracy but you can't tell me it's not weird that now Apple are involved and have the device and suddenly Vodafone retracts the Air claim they made beforehand.
    Now we will see what I alluded to earlier in the thread with the story changing everywhere and then gradually vanishing altogether which is actually the point I've been making all along the stories tend to change a few days later same was true of the China charger incident and it will happen in the future as well.

9. Bytebrain

Jul 24, 2010
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Amazing!
    You just won't let common sense get any foothold in your thinking...
    Of course Apple have collected the tablet, what did you expect? They need it to figure out what the course of the accident was.
    Vodafone is not an Apple company, they're just the company making the mistake of reporting an iPad air caught fire instead of an iPad 4. No big deal.

The Chinese charger incident have already been dealt with, and it's been proven again and again that the faulty devices wasn't made by Apple, but were cheap knockoffs, hence the reason they were faulty.

You really have to stop believing every anti Apple conspiracy you read on the web, it's not healthy for your ability to think for yourself.

I'll stop my involment in this discussion now, as it just gets too silly for my taste.

10. Teknikal

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    There is no Anti Apple conspiracy one of their iPads caught fire that's just a fact it happens to all tech companies mainly due to the sheer numbers and they all will try to spin it as best as they can to not effect sales they would be suicidal not to.

This is why it's important to gather as much evidence as possible before they inevitably take/buy it back as once they have it, they'll almost certainly claim user error or user damaged.

I'm bowing out as well I never meant my original post to spiral into an argument about what type of iPad caught fire which really doesn't make much difference at all.

11. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Unless i know this happens to someone i know or in my country i'm not too worried/bothered by the odd freak occurance thousands of miles away from me. If many of these ipad air's/old ipads/whatever one it is blew up then i might start to think its a major issue

Its a bit like when a radio show/tv show has to offer an apology on tv as 7 people complained about something. How about the other 13.7 million who didnt mind the joke ? Why do we have to always listen to a tiny minority at times.

I'm sure there might be the odd issue now and then just like i'm sure there was the odd issue with Pentium chips on early PC's back in the early 90's. Just nothing to worry about

I learnt my lesson not to buy non-Apple chargers, that was my own fault

12. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    Wow, what a thread... Now that was an entertaining read.

[dons tinfoil hat]

DBC

13. xxteargodxx

xxteargodxx Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Male
    NJ
    Just received my replacement Lightning Cable it works fine, however they sent me a European Power Adaptor instead of a US one..weird. I left the advisor who sent it to me a voice mail hopefully he'll call me back tomorrow and have this one replaced.