Gangstar: West Coast Hustle

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by snowdude11, Aug 12, 2010.

?

Is Gangstar: West Coast Hustle a must- get at 99 cents?

Poll closed Aug 15, 2010.
  1. Yes

15 vote(s)
    62.5%
  2. No

9 vote(s)
    37.5%
  1. snowdude11

snowdude11 Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2010
    Is Gangstar: West Coast Hustle a must- get at 99 cents?

2. LibertyCabbage

LibertyCabbage Active Member

Aug 11, 2010
    No for me. Mostly because i look for games that use the iDevice to deliver a gaming experience that can't be done better elsewhere. I have a 360 and a PC, and both of those are suited better for this kind of game, and i'd rather play GTA:SA than a knock-off elsewhere.

It may be worth the money, but its not worth my time....which is the more valuable resource.

3. BTM4444

BTM4444 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Freshman In College. Studying Public Administratio
    Cleveland, Ohio
    With Gangstar 2 coming out soon, i dont see a better time then now to buy it now, especially at 99 cents.

4. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    No. It's not a fun game, price makes no difference.

Unless of course your parents wouldn't let you play GTA and you ended up missing out on some of the most classic games of all time, then maybe. It's still a thousand miles away from GTA but hey, you can't afford to be picky.

5. fluffyguitarist

fluffyguitarist Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2009
    I'm CEO, bitch.
    Stuck in Limbo
    for a dollar it's alright, i'd say buy it, but if you already have GTA: CW then i'd say skip and wait for miami vindication

6. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    I got it for $.99c and I was happy with it. If you enjoy these types of games then go ahead and get it.

7. sk8erdude50

sk8erdude50 Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    i have it and regret buying it. I wouldn't play it even if it was free to be honest since I would rather play GTA: CW

8. ManofAegis

ManofAegis Well-Known Member

May 1, 2010
    California, USA
    #8 ManofAegis, Aug 12, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2010
    It's alright. I enjoyed it for a bit. Unfortunately I bought it at $5.00, so I feel like I could have gotten something better than this for that price. But for $.99, I'd say try it out.

9. RyoHazuki

RyoHazuki Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2010
    UK
    Yeah I bought it full price, played it a couple of times, realised it was a bad game and never bothered again.

Get Chinatown wars.

10. Duke Floss

Duke Floss Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Writer - Producer - Engineer
    English Roundabout
    GTA is the better game, but I thought Gangstar had some fun in it - just not much, and it feels lacking compared to anything else. The physics are terrible as is the collision detection.

I bought it for 99c when it went on sale a while back - beat it, and moved on. GTA on the other hand I payed full price 6 months ago, and it remains on my touch for good - so much content it is unreal.

11. 5jusername

5jusername Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2009
    School...
    Somewhere In The Universe
    I got gangstar when it was first released. it was the first open world game on the app store, so of course i was impressed. but its repetitive and feels stripped down. if you want a gangstar game, wait for the sequel. but if i were you i would get GTA

12. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
  13. K.D!

K.D! Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    England
    Isn't there a Lite version? Personally, I'd say if you like this style of game then for 99c it's worth it. Sure, it's no GTA but as long as you don't go into the game expecting it to be San Andreas then you shouldn't feel too let down, especially at that price.

14. sdmiracle

sdmiracle Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2010
    i bought it when it was 0.99, wasn't playing it much but i feel happy when i walk on the street and punch random ppl lol.

15. steelfires

steelfires Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2010
    Candy Mountain, Charlie!
    don't really like it. got it for 5.00, thought it was good until gta came out. then i realized how sucky gangstar was. Like how everyone thought real soccer was good until x2 came out.

16. DPP13

DPP13 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    College Student
    Idk. I mean yeh its a great deal. I bought it for .99, its fun, but its nothing amazing.

17. ipodrocks123

ipodrocks123 Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2009
    Gangstar is worth a dallor! That shouldn't even be a question! Who wouldn't be willing to drive cars and shoot people in an open sandbox world. Sure it's not the best for for 99 cents there should be no question!

18. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Yeah it's fun

19. ikemike

ikemike Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2009
    Chicago
    For $0.99? I'd say it's worth it. It may pale in comparison to GTA or Payback, but it's still only a buck. There's only a few good reasons to not get this at $1- if you don't like crime sandbox games or if you're boycotting Gameloft.

20. As much as I enjoyed the sandbox-style gameplay, the dialogue in the game REALLY annoyed me. For that reason, I stopped playing the missions after the 3rd or so.