Aahh don't which one to purchase

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Meexer, Nov 27, 2010.

1. Meexer

Meexer Member

Oct 18, 2010
    Hey peeps,

I just recently got iphone 4 and I was debating if I should purchase either angry bird or cut the rope.

2. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    I'm glad you're new but if you're gonna ask something like this in a new thread instead of posting it in the main thread, at least type your question correctly.

Cut the rope by far

3. TiltMyTouch

TiltMyTouch Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2010
    Angry Birds by far. I feel both are overrated because they are consistent top charting apps that really don't deserve their spot, but Angry Birds gives me much more enjoyment than the more boring Cut the Rope.

4. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Angry birds is all trial and error. Cut the rope takes actual thinking and reflex.

5. November's Chopin

November's Chopin Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2010
    Angry Birds = a combination of patience + luck + overrated hype. It's basically one of the most hollow games out there. Each level lasts a minute at most where you test your patience flicking a bird across the screen (hell you can't even see the entire distance so you practically have to guess where the bird will be flicked) and hope it destroys something.
    Cut the Rope = a cute game that requires some level of thinking and quick finger reflexes. Better graphics, better sound effects, and actual physics involved.
    This is a no brainer if you're looking for a good mini-game to play. Cut the Rope for sure.

6. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Well, actually you can zoom out in angry birds lol...but yeah it sucks.

7. ipod_david

ipod_david Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    is this thread really about purchsing an 600+€ telephone and now arguing about which .99 one should buy... I hope I misunderstood something here? Hello, one starbucks coffe is more than the two together. I think its a troll thread :rolleyes:

8. Trysis3

Trysis3 Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Exactly what I was thinking

9. Uberblake

Uberblake Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2010
    You shouldn't get either and instead get enviro-bear 2010

10. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    how about you just answer the question?

my choice would be angry birds. i don't really understand why cut the rope is a top 5 app. it's good but not great

11. Epox

Epox Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    cut the rope excels in every category over angry birds.

12. Pacificsun0481

Pacificsun0481 Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2010
    Sacramento, CA
    #12 Pacificsun0481, Nov 28, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2010
    Cut the rope...

But personally as an addictive first title, I'd get Sparkle.

It's like Zuma, but grander.

13. tsharpfilm

tsharpfilm Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2009
    Digital Artist
    USA
    He doesn't have a phone. He has an iPod touch. And maybe someone bought it for him, and he buys the games with his own money? Meh...

Anyhow.

+1 vote for Cut The Rope. It's a brilliant puzzle game.

14. Andylasian

Andylasian Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2010
    High School
    California
    Both are mediocre but I feel Angry Birds is better than Cut the Rope.

15. TiltMyTouch

TiltMyTouch Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2010
    #15 TiltMyTouch, Nov 28, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2010
    Well obviously responses have been mixed so I'll just break the games down:

Angry Birds: Less skill needed, though lots of content and while many people including me might not think these kinds of games deserve the #1 spot, there's a reason why Angry Birds has been #1 overall games for quite a while

Cut the Rope: Still has pretty decent content, and more skill and thought is needed

Again, on a biased note, Angry Birds simply provides more fun to me for some reason, so I prefer that game to Cut the Rope any day.

Side note: Keep in mind that Rovio has now split from Chillingo. I doubt the original Angry Birds will get updated anymore, and I'm not certain whether the Halloween version will be updated or another separate game will be released for .99, so Angry Birds might be the inferior game went it comes to content updates now.

EDIT: Reading the Toucharcade front page just now actually answered my question. It seems that Rovio will now be updating content to their Halloween version of the game with a Christmas theme, as well as more birds.

16. fallenashes

fallenashes Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2010
    yes
    Angry birds will keep you with a love/hate relationship with your device, and screaming at that one pig who will not die. Note: this is a good thing, its insanely addicting. Just watch the trailers.

Cut the rope is all cute monster hype.

17. ipod_david

ipod_david Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    Please read the original post again, mate before posting. he got recently a iphone 4 and if anyone didnt saw my implicit recommendation: get both man! You will have many sessions on the toilet or waitings on the bus, and they are together $2, so charge your account and get both of them!

18. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator

Jul 30, 2009
    Looking at your short post history it is clear you are developing a game and this thread is just some way to get people's opinions on which they like better to help your research.

Do what other desperate developers have done - make Cut the Bird. Sorry but this thread makes you look trollish and desperate.

19. Meexer

Meexer Member

Oct 18, 2010
    First of all, I apologize for my grammar. Secondly, since I just recently purchase an iphone 4 and I need games that can kill time when I am on the subway to work. And I found the two game that caught my attention, the angry bird and the cut rope, but I am not sure which one is more fun that is why I post it on this thread. Since, there are thousands of game apps that very tempting to purchase but not too sure which one to get first before I want to purchase more in the future. Also, I recently changed to mac user =).

20. dumbname

dumbname Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2009
    wait.. is this serious? if not, LOL. if so, LOL