iCade compatibility list/wishlist

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by laxking97, Jul 30, 2010.

1. Halfbot

Halfbot Well-Known Member

The Blocks Cometh is now Universal and supports the iCade devices!

2. yellowknife

yellowknife Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2010
    Looks like a great game.

Anyone know if Centipede Origins supports iCade? Came out recently, but no mention in description.

3. Sobtanian

Sobtanian Member

Jul 31, 2011
  4. Adams Immersive

Adams Immersive Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 5, 2008
    Freelance interactive design and programming
    Ohio
    Add Agent Dash and Subway Surfers to my iCade-support-please wishlist: so far they lack iCade support, but I love using iCade for Temple Run.

Looks good! And another iCade-ready Amiga classic, Warblade, is on $1 sale right now:
    http://appshopper.com/games/warblade-hd

I think someone unofficially said (not sure where) that iCade support was planned, but not currently present.

5. Adams Immersive

Patreon Bronze

Dec 5, 2008
    Ohio
    Anyone have an iCade Core? I’m tempted to pick one up sometime for greater portability (but still full size) and easier playing of iCade games with a TV/projector.

By the way, apparently, both Metal Slug 3 and Blazing Star support iCade, although there’s a trick for getting it to work:

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showpost.php?p=2363528&postcount=49

I haven’t tried yet.

6. Estebanquito

Estebanquito New Member

Aug 10, 2012
    Hello... Does anyone know if Galaga will be supported? Just got the iCade and would love to try it... Thanks

7. Adams Immersive

Patreon Bronze

Dec 5, 2008
    Ohio
    #1207 Adams Immersive, Aug 10, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2012
    Alien Breed is on $1 sale: http://appshopper.com/games/alien-breed

I believe Galaga Remix (iPhone) and Galaga 30th do NOT work, from others’ comments. I believe Namco Arcade (free to try) has only ONE game that supports iCade, and it’s Galaga! But you can only play once per day without digging into confusing IAP options, and Galaga only runs in landscape, which is a waste of screen space.

http://appshopper.com/games/namco-arcade

Warblade HD is Galaga-like (it’s an old Amiga game) and currently on $1 sale:
    http://appshopper.com/games/warblade-hd

Other somewhat Galaga-esque games for iCade include Velocispider, Super Ox Wars, and various “bullet hell” games if you like those, such as Phoenix HD and Shogun: Bullet Hell Shooter.

8. yellowknife

Aug 21, 2010
    I just tried a few games on Namco Arcade and all supported iCade. Forced horizontal only orientation is annoying though. iCade also supports game select screen. You can even coin up and start game with white buttons.

9. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I wish Namco Arcade would 1) release more games and 2) come up with proper prices not silly over the top ones.

Eg Midway Arcade is 69p per game pack (4 games), Namco Arcade is 1.99 or 2.99 PER game. Just ridiculous. If Namco Arcade had a lot of games (and normal prices, even the Capcom one was cheaper) it would be great.

Anyway just got my ipad 3, was very nervous in case someone iMame wouldnt install on it (Someone earlier in this thread said they had a popup saying it wouldnt install), all good - phewwwwwwww

10. twopiearr

twopiearr Member

Jul 19, 2012
    iCade Core = iCade with the cabinet bits not attached. ;)

Projector = HDMI adapter + HDMI cable. I've done the latter and it works quite well.

11. Adams Immersive

Patreon Bronze

Dec 5, 2008
    Ohio
    That’s great to hear! Initial reports said only Galaga (and that’s the only one I tried). Still hoping they adjust their business model, though—and the app is so half-baked I hesitate to pay in its current form.

Yes, me too—great for Temple Run! And I can sit anywhere with the controls, thanks to Bluetooth, and just go over to the iPad to do the menus in some games. Still, the iCade Core would be nice—I would just sit it on my lap or a small table when I sit on the couch (iPad not inserted) and the big iCade housing would not be in the way of seeing the screen. Also would be more portable to take places: a bag with my iPad, iCade Core (or 8-Bitty?) and my portable projector would be a lot of gaming fun in a small volume!

I’ve also used iCade with Mac games on the projector. It pairs like a keyboard, despite the Mac not knowing what kind of keyboard it is. (But configuring the controls for Mac/PC takes some doing.)

12. SKELETOR68

SKELETOR68 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    DND, Canadian Forces Soldier, Arty
    CFB Wainwright, Alberta Canada
  13. yellowknife

Aug 21, 2010
    #1213 yellowknife, Aug 23, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2012
    Velocispider 99c for a limited time.

Nice retro style shooter with good review on Touch Arcade.

Edit: Just been playing it and would be much better on iCade with autofire option. It also only utilizes top left button for firing.

14. yellowknife

Aug 21, 2010
  15. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    #1215 psj3809, Aug 28, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2012
    Phew got the icade working fine with my new ipad, did have some problems.

STILL cant get Metal Slug to work with it though

16. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Metal Slug 3 supports the iCade? If so I have to try that. Or are you just being hopeful. :)

17. Menneisyys

Menneisyys Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2008
  18. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Yep its meant to work, i cant get it to but i know others have. Also read playing another iCade compatible game before hand should get MS3 working, but even when i try that nothing. Arrrgh ! ;)

19. ShmupShmuck

ShmupShmuck New Member

Oct 5, 2011
    To get Metal Slug 3 or Blazing Star to work, you have to enter the app, start the game, and then press the home button to exit the app and re-enter. For some reason, this enables the iCade controls in the app. This issue only seems to effect the SNK Playmore games at the moment.

20. Menneisyys

Menneisyys Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2008
    Doesn't seem to work, at least on the iPad 3 with iCP. Needed to resort to BluTrol, which works just great.