Will Gameloft ever fix the Backstab iOS 7 crashing problem?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Anonomation, May 16, 2014.

1. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

As many know, Backstab has been crashing on all devices because of its failure to be compatible with iOS 7. Does anyone think Gameloft will fix the problem, or will it let people constantly waste their money on it?

2. Jorlen

Jorlen Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    IT
    Canada
    I can't speak about backstab but Gameloft are known for not updating games, even very popular titles that have done well.

Because of complaints, they've apparently pulled a whole bunch of their older apps from the store, instead of updating them.

This is the problem with new IOS releases and functionality. Older games aren't going to work forever if the developer isn't fixing their games up post-IOS release. I think this really hurts IOS as a gaming platform and wish Apple would have a backward compatibility mode so we can enjoy our favorites from just a few years ago.

3. Dirty Harry Hannahan

Dirty Harry Hannahan Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2011
    Planet Earth
    Modern Combat 2 has no sound on iOS 7 and Zombie Infection has a bunch of bugs now. Two good games basically unplayable now. Just an fyi.

4. italodance

italodance Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2009
    electrical
    Tehran-Iran
    No and they Don't Care.

5. TheGrimCreeper

TheGrimCreeper Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2012
    One game they could've at least fixed for iOS 7 was MC3. It came out a little before the 5G phones/pads/pods came out, so it could've gotten widescreen and came all the way up to iOS 7 support. Lameloft is lousy.

6. Jorlen

Jorlen Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    IT
    Canada
    And it's for this reason that I no longer buy any of their games.

7. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I'm no huge Gameloft fan but on the other hand i cant expect them to keep updating their games for the rest of time when a new iOS version comes out. Same for other companies. I have some games which dont work anymore due to ios7, they're quite old though and i doubt some of the companies who made them are even publishing anymore due to no profits etc.

If this game was new i could understand. But Backstab came out nearly 3 years ago now. I'm surprised people are still playing it

I had this 3 years ago, quite enjoyed it but probably wouldnt go back to it. With iOS theres a good chance everytime theres a new iOS that some games wont work on it.

8. Edmilan

Edmilan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
  9. BuzzDay

BuzzDay New Member

Jul 27, 2014
    Well the problem is simply this:

Backstab = No updates... ever.
    [Looking at it right now in iTunes. There is version 1.0.0.]

Same goes for Rainbow Six...
    Released by Gameloft [in relation with Ubi] and... not one single update.

One can argue that three years has passed, but to show no love or interest at all, from release, as we know that most games are not bug free... tells a lot about a company.

Looking at Apple's default of "Most helpful" is not really 'helpful' as I did not pay attention to the date of comments/ratings and bought both the other day. :)

Yes, Backstab crashed consistently, and Rainbow Six, at least works... with some dropping out in multiplayer and a few glitches that could have been addressed at launch. [Nothing to do with ios7.]

Also... with all the 'less than favorable' games coming out on a weekly basis every Thursday, games like 'Backstab' look really good... and with a game that beats most of todays 'candy looking/flat' games, with no story, they should try to update it...

...Apple would put it in their "coolest games just updated" category.
    [Whatever its called.]

What I don't get is how they are not sued for copying every game out there.
    It must be there is some type of license or their WoW clone would have gone down long ago. [Maybe Blizzard is too ashamed to attach their name to it, yet open enough to make an extra buck off of it through Gameloft.]

Best,

BuzzDay

10. imjhonfre

imjhonfre Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2012
    What? Are you saying WoW has licensed all RPGs? or that Dota 2 licensed all MOBAs? or that Assasins Creed (ubisoft) everything that´s got to do with climbing buildings and killing people from behind with your melee weapon? following your logic there will be no games in a few years.

11. madreviewer

madreviewer Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2013
  12. epik5

epik5 Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2013
    Modern combat 1 has glitchy voices same to gangstar 1, nova 2 and modern combat 2 doesnt have sounds, splinter cell conviction is ok for now. 9mm works nicely and a few other old games also are bugged

13. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    That other poster seemed madder than you. ;)