What is it with developers?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by ConnectorKiller, Feb 7, 2013.

1. ConnectorKiller

ConnectorKiller Active Member

Jan 11, 2013
    We are in 2013, yet we see games from the year 142 getting released on the AppStore. This is a joke. I don't want to play as a Tudor, I want to play as a real human in the real world.

Seriously... Raiden, Final Fantasy, GTA, Crazy Taxi, Jet Set Radio and don't get me started on Metal Slug.

If I wanted to play boring 2D ancient games, I would get the original 2-bit consoles. We need original ideas in the AppStore not old dated games. We want games from 2013 not set 2013 years back.

When will this craziness end?

2. Dirty Harry Hannahan

Dirty Harry Hannahan Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2011
    Planet Earth

A lot of the older games have more depth and gameplay than the newer ones of today do. Games like Infinity Blade will put me into a coma of repetitious boredom. Sure the game looks good but there is no depth to the game and the gameplay is the same moves over and over again.

3. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Well I like it and so do others

4. ConnectorKiller

Jan 11, 2013
    Infinity Blade looks good, that's enough for me.

5. captainugboots

May 3, 2012
    What I like is that because I have free will, I can choose to buy the awesome old games that have been ported to iOS or I can buy the awesome new ones being released on a weekly basis.

Life is good, and it's a great time to be a gamer #

6. Eoghann

Eoghann Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    IT Guy/Graphic Designer/Gamer
    New York
    You should write SNK Playmore a very stern email...tell them how ridiculous it is to release a 3 dollar port. I'd MUCH rather go buy a $900 arcade with Metal Slug installed in it.

7. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Haha

8. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

If only there were like 770,000 other apps to choose from on the App Store.

9. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Buy a console.

10. ConnectorKiller

Jan 11, 2013
    Haha, good ol' Eli and his silly remarks.

Oh, and I do own consoles and I have emailed SNK already.

11. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Okay, so why not just play "new" games on consoles instead? Oh, let me guess. $60 is too much for a game?

12. ConnectorKiller

Jan 11, 2013
    $60 is too little. We are purchasing works of art for $60... They should be charging a whole lot more. When the end credits for Far Cry 3 came up, I shed multiple tears. I only paid $60 for those tears... $60.

13. Eoghann

Eoghann Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    IT Guy/Graphic Designer/Gamer
    New York
    He wants console quality games that are worth between 1 - 5 dollars....anything higher than that and comes that other "why am I gonna pay so much for a PHONE game?!?!" rant.

It's a vicious cycle I tell yah.

14. ConnectorKiller

Jan 11, 2013
    I'd pay $120 for a console quality game on my phone.

15. Dirty Harry Hannahan

Dirty Harry Hannahan Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2011
    Planet Earth
    Lol..sure you would. :rolleyes:

16. battletictactoepro

Jan 29, 2013
    Agree

17. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    ConnectorKiller sounds like old Defred in this thread.

18. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    A game being 2d or 3d doesn't make a good or bad game either way, to think so is setting yourself up for disappointment.

Slightly off topic but something that irks me a bit with iOS is the number of people trying to turn the platform into a console, game pads, TV and so on. Maybe it's because I have a console and a gaming PC but I appreciate iOS devices for their strengths, not because I want them to be something I already have. there's a real opportunity for innovation and people seem to want what's already been done.

19. sold

sold Member

Feb 7, 2013
    #19 sold, Feb 7, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2013
    The only real limitations of mobile hardware that exist ATM are based on the limited views of the consumer. Personally I want a device I can carry win me with the form factor of an iPad during the day, and in the evening I wanna to be able to dock it with my home heatre setup and use it from my couch on my tv with a game pad and also a keyboard/mouse combination.

Apple have a vested interest in desktop hardware and home theatre devices. Why would they want to render their overpriced cash cows obsolete? To make us consumers happy? They'd rather ride the new wave of technology until it becomes too obvious that they, as well as other big players in the technology sector, are creating artificial limitations so we all give them as much mony as we're willing to part with for the shiny things. Geek lust is a curse :D

Developers are the hardware manufacturers bitches. Sad but true.

20. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    #20 psj3809, Feb 7, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2013
    What a stupid post. What next ? Ban any old films from tv, ban any black and white films, dont allow old cars on the roads ? Utterly ridiculous

There are 100000's of apps to choose from, i dont like puzzle games, i simply avoid them instead of ranting about them.

Games are all about GAMEPLAY. I dont care if a game has simple vector graphics, its all about gameplay. If i cared so much about graphics i would get the latest DS/PSP or stick to an X-Box. Its about GAMEPLAY

If i want to play (as you put it) boring 2d games i would be stupid to buy lots of old consoles, instead i can simply put these 'boring 2d games' in the palm of my hand and have them at my fingertips, thats whats so great about iOS gaming.

Want to play an 80's classic, i can simply load it up, want to play a modern game, simply load it up. I take it you havent bothered with Gridlee then as its full of 'old rubbish 2d games' ?

In 20 years time when you discover an old favourite you used to play on iOS from 2013, imagine how annoying it'll be when an idiot on a forum says 'why are you playing that crappy 20 year old iOS game, play the latest games on the new PSP 18....' etc. You would be annoyed if some spotty teenager said that wouldnt you ?

We get this every few months, some kid moaning about retro games, simply dont play them ! Easy ! Stay away from old games, dont watch old TV shows etc !

You would pay $120 for an iphone game ? Course you would, what a joke

Edit - Just seen hes been put in time-out, good !