Gunbound?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by ourfinesth0ur, Oct 8, 2008.

?

Would you be interested in seeing a gunbound port to iphone/ipod touch

Poll closed Jan 6, 2009.
  1. Yes

77.8%
  2. No

22.2%
  3. Yes

77.8%
  4. No

22.2%
  1. ourfinesth0ur

ourfinesth0ur Active Member

Oct 8, 2008
    #1 ourfinesth0ur, Oct 8, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2008
    I would like to see a port of the ijji game gunbound to the iphone...I think the controls and gameplay could be very intuitive. Everything about this could be ported to the iphone. For those of you who do not know, gunbound is a "worms" style game where you choose a bot and try to hit the other one by adjusting power and angle. Share ideas, or responses below.

gunbound.ijji.com <----you guys should go check it out and see what you think about how cool a port of this would be

2. gusto5

gusto5 Active Member

Sep 23, 2008
    Although I imagine the processing power required to run something like Gunbound will not be mild at all.

3. ourfinesth0ur

Oct 8, 2008
    If it could run something like monkeyball i can guarantee you it can run a 2d game with a small map. My friend ran gunbound on a windows 98 computer like 2 years ago...I dont know the ram and processing specs, but I am 99% sure that it will be able to run it. Think about it touch power and angles...pinch zoom the map...I think the port would work quite nicely while giving ijji some due attention

4. gusto5

gusto5 Active Member

Sep 23, 2008
    Well said. This would be an app I would definitely pay for, although best of luck getting the GB publishers to let you port.

5. ourfinesth0ur

Oct 8, 2008
    I mentioned it to them, but I am not sure the idea fell on the right ears. If i knew anything about code I would definitely work on it myself, but as I do not know too much all I can do is hope. I posted back on the gunbound forums a couple months ago and came with huge feedback. It would be nice if the folks at ijji would realize the potential of something like this. I too would pay for a port of gunbound to the iphone. It would be even better to be able to play online with the desktop users.

6. PeterM11

PeterM11 Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2008
    East Coast, USA
    Omg!!!! That would be awesome!!!!
    Fingers Crossed!!

7. gospel9

gospel9 Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2008
    I was a serious gunbound player many years ago all the way back with the international version. But the real gunbound is solely made for multi-player.

I actually do not prefer to play games over wifi on my phone, for battery and connectivity reasons.

Having that said however, it would be interesting to see an offline, single player version of the game. And no, shooting at aimbots will not work.

8. savysoda

savysoda Active Member

Sep 30, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    Eenies At War v1.0 Nearly Released.

Well Eenies at war is kind of an Gunbound adaptation for the iOS. We've been working on this game for about a year. It's powered by iOS 4.2 GameCenter enabling multiplayer. Also there are hundreds of avatar and weapon upgrades. Free to download.

check http://www.savysoda.com for details on release. We expect the game to be on App Store next week.

9. savysoda

savysoda Active Member

Sep 30, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia