Soccer Rally: Euro 2012 by IceFlame [Universal]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by IceFlameGames, Jun 1, 2012.

1. IceFlameGames

IceFlameGames Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2011
    We are proud to announce our new game, Soccer Rally: Euro 2012!

[​IMG]

The release date will be 7th June and will feature same screen multiplayer and Universal support. Check out the trailer and feel free to ask us any questions and tell us your thoughts.

We have loads of Updates planned so tell us what you’d like to see?!

2. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Nice twist on ice hockey. Are you showing this off to any editors at E3?

3. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    When I saw this, all I thought about was Top Gear's car football :) Also, since it's Euro 2012, why call soccer?!? It's football...

4. BlackJacketGames

BlackJacketGames Well-Known Member

May 24, 2012
    Indie developer
    Portlandia
    This looks great, nice physics, cool looking arena, nice polish. Well done.

5. IceFlameGames

Apr 25, 2011
    We're a UK developer, so we were thinking about Top Gear Car Football as well. That was a great episode :). I'd love to do that!

The reason the names Soccer is to be international. We have big plans for Soccer Rally, so it makes sense for the future. Also the name rolls off the tongue better and visually looks better.

We had a big discussion about the name actually. I wanted Football Rally, but Soccer does make more sense.

-Jon

6. sink_or_swim

sink_or_swim Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    looks like the autoball-em in germany with stefan raab if anyone knows this :D

7. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Okay I can see that. Although having an international name would be better to have football, but since US app store has probably the biggest markets and soccer as a name for an iOS game does sound better, I guess I'll just relate to that. Whent thinking about it now, most of the App Store's football games are named soccer... I still prefer football. Cause that's the real name.

8. Looks good

I think it looks great, will definitely give it a go.

What game modes does it contain? I'm assuming the Euro 2012 schedule? Does the AI improve as you get further?

Good luck with the launch. Will post a mini review next week when I've played it.

9. Mike.Jujubee

Mike.Jujubee Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2012
    Whoa this is amazing :). How did you get the Euro 2012 license? It's cool to see that small companies can get the license as well :).

10. ArturID

ArturID Well-Known Member

Brilliant idea! Do you have also Champions League license? Would be great to play the clubs too + wi-fi multiplayer!

11. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Yeah since the dev said they have future plans, I think it'd be great to have episodic updates for like Champions league etc. Also Olympics are this year too with football in it too! :)

12. IceFlameGames

Apr 25, 2011
    It contains the Euro Tournament, Quick match and same screen multiplayer on both iPad and iPhone.

The AI skill levels have been based off the current bookies odds on the tournament. So there is different skill levels set for each team.

Once you get through the Group stages the level of difficulty is increased all the way to the final. The way the tournament is worked out you tend to always get one of the top teams in the final, making it a real challenge.

So yeah the AI does improve the further you get :).

13. IceFlameGames

Apr 25, 2011
    We don't have a license for The Champions League with all the teams. But we are going to do more global teams. We also plan to create a League mode where you play a season, as well as a full World Cup.

We want to work towards Wifi and Online Multiplayer. This will be further down the line though, as it's quite a lot of work. We have a lot of ideas for Multiplayer but we really can't talk about them just yet :).

Thanks for all the positive comments!

-Jon

14. IceFlameGames

Apr 25, 2011
  15. fallentreegames

fallentreegames Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Mar 14, 2010
    Game Developers!
    UK
    Looks amazing! Great work guys!