New game 23 years in the making - need beta testers!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Flowsparkstudios, Nov 10, 2013.

1. Flowsparkstudios

Nov 10, 2013
    Game Maker
    Sydney
    #1 Flowsparkstudios, Nov 10, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2013
    Hello!

Okay so maybe a little misleading in the title but attaching here the rejection letter i received as a 10 year old for a game idea I conceived and wrote a 50 page document for. Don't cry for me (i did enough of that myself - jokes), i was just happy i got a letter back.

I'm now finally making a real game 23 years later, we are so close to release, and i feel its a culmination of a dream i've harboured for a very long time...

So would REALLY like it if anyone wants to beta test my game. You can check out some early screenshots here here. Its a fun, old school platform type game (NOT an endless runner) and features a unique game mechanic.

Anyway please email me at [email protected] if interested....

Cheers
    Lloyd

Attached Files:

2. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    This thread should be moved to the upcoming games section. The game looks quite interesting actually. I'll try to apply to the beta at some point today. Good luck with the development!

3. Flowsparkstudios

Nov 10, 2013
    Game Maker
    Sydney
    will move to upcoming games

Aha ... good point. I didnt see the upcoming section for iphone games, only saw the ipad one. We are releasing on ipad too but since i dont own one, i always think of our game as an iphone game. Will work out how to move the post.

4. Diaboliq

Diaboliq Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2013
    Ill beta test it, what do I have to do to get a beta copy?

5. Good luck with the game, never let rejection keep you down. Hope your game is an awesome one!

6. Flowsparkstudios

Nov 10, 2013
    Game Maker
    Sydney
    email me

Hi Diaboliq, just email me at lloyd at flowsparkstudios dot com and I will add you to the list. Or flick me your email and ill add you.

Thanks!

7. Flowsparkstudios

Nov 10, 2013
    Game Maker
    Sydney
    thanks

Thanks Connector, i'm hoping its awesome too. My friends have commented 'its addictive' so far, and i had a funny little interaction with a friend of a friend the other day. He played the game briefly on a Friday and liked it, then I bumped into him again on a Monday, and he just wanted to play the game again. Said he had been thinking about it all weekend. I guess thats a good sign :)

8. LazerTag

LazerTag Active Member

May 9, 2012
    Today is my 23rd wedding anniversary, no joke. It must be fate? lol

9. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    A mod will hopefully see this and move everything for you. For future reference, unless a game is iPad only, you should probably put it in the iPhone section, because it gets viewed more. (It's also known that universal games go there, so it's better to put it there when you make a thread when the game comes out)

10. Kedens

Kedens Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2013
    Graphic Design/Illustration
    Rochester, NY
    I'd be happy to help your dream come true and test this. Love platformers. iPhone 5 and iPad 4 are my devices.

11. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    I hope everything goes well, I would be interested to see one imps from the beta testers once they've had it for a little while!

12. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Emailed, game looks fun.

13. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    Came in expecting Forgotten Memories.

Left forgetting what that game even is.

14. Flowsparkstudios

Nov 10, 2013
    Game Maker
    Sydney
    Awesome would love to have you on board. Shoot me an email at lloyd at flowsparkstudios dot com and we will send you the invite hopefully early next week.

15. Flowsparkstudios

Nov 10, 2013
    Game Maker
    Sydney
    #15 Flowsparkstudios, Nov 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2013
    Okay ill see if i can post some verbatim, unedited first impressions of the game after the beta invites go out next week.

From within my own network of friends so far I keep on getting 'man this game is hard' and (Deleted swearing)

16. Flowsparkstudios

Nov 10, 2013
    Game Maker
    Sydney
    Thanks Bronxsta and MC, will look forward to having you on board for the beta!

17. Funday Factory

Funday Factory Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2012
    Aarhus, Denmark.
    I like your story (23 years! wow!) and the game looks good. Would love to help you out with the beta testing. Shooting you an e-mail real quick.

18. Xeyad

Xeyad Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2012
    That Sunsoft letter brought back some really old memories! They had so many NES and Sega Genesis games.

I'd be glad to help. I have an iPhone 4S with iOS 7, and an iPad Mini with iOS 6.

19. Flowsparkstudios

Nov 10, 2013
    Game Maker
    Sydney
    The game that inspired the letter: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6sBPnoMkHc. So good. Best game music ever. Ahh the memories :)

20. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    Ah yes... sweet, sweet nostalgia overload... ;):D

DBC