Patronus from Goodboy Games

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by mattiasmak, Aug 6, 2009.

1. mattiasmak

mattiasmak Member

Aug 6, 2009
    #1 mattiasmak, Aug 6, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2009
    Hi!

As a developer of the upcoming game Patronus I would like to show you a small clip from it.

I would be great the hear from you what you think of it so far.

Sound effects are missing in the build.

Graphics and music is done by some of the most talented people in Sweden.

We are planning to submit to Apple sometime in August.

[hqyoutube]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ew2hX7_PWgY&hl=sv&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ew2hX7_PWgY&hl=sv&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/hqyoutube]

2. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    it looks neat, but can you describe the action in the game?

3. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Well, while I wait for the video to load... the menu screen looks nice...

Ok it's loaded. Very nice looking game, I love the colour of the nebula in the background and how it seems to move slowly as you play. I can't quite tell from the video what the aim of the game is but there seems to be enough going on to be interesting. As the video says it's level one I'm assuming it'll get a lot more chaotic the more you play.

This could be a buy for me when it's released so I'll keep my eye on it :)

Oh, and good job on having trophies and stat options too... every game should have those by default these days.

4. mattiasmak

mattiasmak Member

Aug 6, 2009
    Well, first of all the idea is to create a game that looks good, feels good and sounds good. It should also load very fast and be something you pick up and play for 5-10 minutes.

The action can best be described as a shooter, but instead of a gun you explode. The explosion area grows with time so in order do do well you have to plan you explosions well. When exploding many enemies you will be rewarded with bonuses and thing to pick up that helps you in your battle, such as invisiblity, slow motion, health, mega bomb.

There are many more thing in store than I just described, but that will have to wait a little more to be revealed.

5. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    Love the art style!
    Will be an instant purchase, for sure!

6. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Looks freaky fun.

7. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    ah, okay, so you are gathering enemies to follow you, but not touch you, and then you explode...what triggers your exploding? ...is it timed or when you reach a specific area?

the concept is definitely interesting

8. mattiasmak

mattiasmak Member

Aug 6, 2009
    You are right. Your trigger the explosion by touching anywhere on screen. You steer by tilting. It's actually very precise and it feel great.

9. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Tht pink thing is controld by us, we have to control it & ensure that the spaceships do not attack us.

Its more like minigore, apart from the shooting part :)

Grafix are very pleasant, Good job Dev :Thumbs Up:

10. mattiasmak

mattiasmak Member

Aug 6, 2009
    Thanks for comments. Will soon submit a newer video with updated graphics and sound.

11. mattiasmak

mattiasmak Member

Aug 6, 2009
    #11 mattiasmak, Sep 5, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2009
    I've put a new video of Patronus. We are getting close to beta now and expect to submit for review in october.

You steer by tilting, collect purple stuff to grow explosion radion and explode by tapping. The game will feature online leader-board, trophies and great game play.

12. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Looks very nice. This one will definitely one to watch. The game concept is a nice different take on the shooting everything, and have an expanding explosion zone is great.

Chain lost is from getting touched by an enemy? Is the next touch fatal, or how do you die?

13. Aldex Oun

Aldex Oun Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2009
    This game looks absolutely amazing. I especially love the music, definitely something I can play to. Count me in for BETA if you're looking for BETA testers ;).

14. Aldex Oun

Aldex Oun Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2009
    Still no word on any updates? I'm still looking forward to this game.