Anyone remember the name of this game?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by MidianGTX, Dec 30, 2009.

1. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    It's a puzzle app, with a load of different puzzle games in one. Really smart looking, I seem to remember it having a black background with green graphics for the puzzles... I'm sure it was a forum regular that pointed it out to me in the first place.

2. The Game Reaper

The Game Reaper Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    The Emerald Isle
  3. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    that doesn't have a black background

4. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    Tanzen doesn't have a bunch of different games either. I mean it's got multiple different puzzle games like a complilation app, but better quality than most compilation apps you find.

5. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    You don't mean mini game collection like Micro Mayhem do you? I'm not recalling any puzzle compilations like you're saying.

6. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    Nope, that's not it. Those puzzles seem to be fairly unique, the app I'm thinking of had a collection of well-known puzzles, but all remade by the dev in one distinct graphical style. I'll have a look through some of the puzzle game topics...

7. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Puzzle Maniak

They've added a non-green theme to it. :)

A must-have app for anyone who likes logic puzzles, it's a collection of 20 of them, will generate infinite random levels at different difficulty levels.

A Page One app for me. ;)

8. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    Yes! That's the one, thanks guys. drelbs I think it was probably you who recommended it the first time :)

So it's as good quality as it looks then? I notice they also have ArcadeManiak which seems to contain 9 of the games from PuzzleManiak... I'd probably be better off getting PuzzleManiak though right?

I'm always annoyed at how most puzzle games fail to keep my attention as long as the PathPix games, so I'm hoping a collection of 20 should do it.

9. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    The only reason to get ArcadeManiak was the polish and music - he's removed the unlocking portion of it since so many people complained. And all the polish from AM has made it into Puzzle Maniak since then. (As well as the non-green theme since a lot of people hated the green.)

There's a lot to play here, and the game keeps stats on your game playing. I just wish he'd stop futzing with the menu screen, what he has there now is functional, but not as useful/quick. First it was just a scrolling list with some stats, no graphics. Second was the green one with just a screen full of icons, which I liked as you could double-tap one to go. People didn't like the lack of lables, which I thought was silly - if you single tapped an icon you got the name and stats, and by the time you play this game a few times you know what all the games are by picture.Now you have to scroll through the icons, which is a tad slower, but not really a big deal.

Wow, did I just write all that? Time to lay off the caffeine for the day...

Niggles aside - the game is a bargain if you like this sort of thing. There are tons of $0.99 games out there that this PM's got included...

10. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    Thanks drelbs, just bought it :)

11. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Hope you enjoy it.

You're welcome to call me a big dork if it doesn't live up to what I've said about it. ;)

12. GlennX

GlennX Well-Known Member

May 10, 2009
    UK
    Puzzlemaniak is so much better than Arcademaniak.

It is unquestionably the game i've played most on the iPhone by a factor of about 10. I've played it for at least half an hour a day, most days ever since the appstore version came out and played the Jailbreak version for a while in the pre-appstore days.

The daily challenges are the coolest thing ever and the player challenges just make it even better.

Check out who has the world's best ratio on the Dominosamaniak player challenges :)

By rights this game should be lodged at the top of the puzzle charts or at least above all the other crappy little titles that do a worse version of one of it's 20 games!