What song are you guys listening to at the moment?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Rezur, Oct 22, 2010.

1. filipjablan

filipjablan Member

Jul 21, 2012
    Metallica - Blackened

2. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Nine Inch Nails - Left In Awe - Another Bridge To Trent

**The live show from the Bridge School Benefit, with Trent playing solo & acoustic versions of songs backed by a string quartet. Love this album... fits right alongside Still. I really don't know which one I enjoy more.

3. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Impurfekt - Suicide Lover

---Karra Russell is Aaron Russell's (Impurfekt's) sister, and has contributed vocals to a couple of his songs. She also makes her own music under the name Cellar Door. I absolutely LOVE her voice. You can check out some of her songs here if you're interested...
    https://soundcloud.com/cellar-door-karra

4. Capricornman

Capricornman Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2011
    Just watched Suicide Lover- very moving video and music. Very sad at the end because she succeeds....
    It's nice to hear Karras voice on these songs on soundcloud! Yes she has a beautiful voice...really like:)

5. rshkhsee

rshkhsee Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2010
    Blashyrkh
    #1745 rshkhsee, Jan 19, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2013
    Regurgitate - Bulging Vaginal Septum

6. Beckio

Beckio Member

Jan 19, 2013
    Mumford and Sons - Hopeless Wanderer

7. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Well... Tympanik Audio recently released Access To Arasaka - Orbitus in FLAC format (was recently only an MP3 download) without telling anyone, and I just found out, so yup... that's what I've got playin today. =oD

http://tympanikaudio.bandcamp.com/album/orbitus

8. Capricornman

Dec 8, 2011
    Excellent and thanks for the link:)

9. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    #1749 syntheticvoid, Jan 20, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2013
    NP!

Right now - I'm listening to In A Mindset - Karelia (Demos) - it's the last album that Steven was working on before he 'killed himself' (he's a pathological liar, actually, and has already 'died' twice that we know of... once from cancer and once from suicide...) - but even with that, I can't deny that he's a frick'n genius musician. It's the last In A Mindset album and is unreleased. He only sent the demos to a few people... if anyone's into post-industrial/rock, IDM-electronica stuff, and is interested in hearing it... just let me know. =o)

Here's one song of his up on Youtube...

Karelia doesn't really sound too much like this, but it should give you an idea of what he was like as an electronic musician (now his main focus is on post-rock)...

10. Tannorexic

Tannorexic Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Student
    Somewhere in the spiritual realm
    Seventeen - jet
    Flagpole sitta - Harvey danger

11. Capricornman

Dec 8, 2011
    Listened to the album "Calling Ov The Dead" by Velvet Acid Christ. As he says to hit someone over the head with a sledgehammer is the way to truly get their attention! Potent music and fantastic musicianship!

12. greenyoga

greenyoga Member

Nov 17, 2012
  13. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Nine Inch Nails - The Perfect Drug Versions

Right now, Track #2 is on - the Plug Remix. Freak'n love it. This has been one of my favorite CDs for many... many years. =oD

14. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    "Tempest" - Deftones

15. Jacob007

Jacob007 Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Indiana
    Waiting on the World to Change - John Mayer
    Very deep and touching song if you look at the message.

16. Tannorexic

Dec 5, 2011
    Student
    I used to be obsessed with nin. Saw them live a couple of years back. I was obsessed with closer for the most part of my life. It must have been my ringtone for bout 3 years. Still remember people's looks of disgust when hearing the lyrics about fornicating like an animal.

17. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Ha... I was supposed to see them live right after The Fragile was released, but I got locked up a week before. Was so upset. I still never saw them live - but the newer stuff just didn't click with me, so I guess it's for the best.

I didn't ever catch on with the 'Closer' obsession - at least not at first - then I got the single with all the different mixes, and it's still one of my favorite NIN releases - really, I'm a total sucker for the more 'experimental' NIN stuff.

=oP

Anywho...

ATM;

Acumen Nation - Matador

Love this whole album (Transmissions From Eville) - it was a big bonding point with me and my step-mom (who moved to CO from Chicago, and was big into the whole Industrial scene then).

You might actually like em - they've got that sort of... NIN type of 'commercial' sound while still not being well known. They seemed to get less and less known as the years went on... maybe it was just the crowd I was with, I dunno. =o/

At least listen through the chorus if you do decide to check it out... lol.... =oP

18. Tannorexic

Dec 5, 2011
    Student
    Looks like we have a badass over here ^_^ I'm actually surprised how many badasses are on here. I too, (used to be) a badass.
    I truly believe you swap one addiction for another, now gaming is my addiction.
    That sucks that you missed the concert though.. I would have been ropable..especially if you already had the tickets. There should be a get out of jail free clause if you have prebooked concert tickets (to a good band anyway, if its something like lady gaga they should get an increased jail sentence)

Anyway, I loved their live version of survivialism. Sometimes I am a little bit disappointed when hearing a band live..often sounds nothing like the studio version. I love how some bands do random ass covers.. When I saw smashing pumpkins they did a Britney Spears cover for piece of me.
    Anyway I know how you feel about missing a concert you love, I missed weezer the other week from severe illness. Still so bummed about it. >.< I sobbed to weezer on their FB page hoping they'd feel so sorry for me and my tragic situation and offer to do an impromptu concert in my garage.. But instead got ignored, not even a like, sob. Maybe they are tracking son my address through my ip and planning it..hey! I can fantasise.. :/

19. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Connect.Ohm - 9980

This album is... put simply... amazingly well crafted.

You can listen to/buy it here;
    http://ultimae.bandcamp.com/album/9980

If you're into downtempo/progressive trance/ambient - you should definitely dig it.

And...- I'm not a badass... least not anymore. =oP