Is tapjoy safe to use?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Markku, Jun 15, 2012.

1. Markku

Markku Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    It looks like it wants to install a app but it's not where my apps go but where my settings are, and if it's safe to use could I install tapjoy then delete it after getting some free credits and then install it later again?

2. SaadTapjoy

SaadTapjoy New Member

Jun 19, 2012
    Hi Markku,

This is Saad from Tapjoy.

The Temporary Configuration Profile does is collect very basic data on your device's hardware so that we can correctly refer to it when you take the offers which we present. It doesn't change any settings on your iOS device and it doesn't even leave any lingering traces of a program for you to have to uninstall later on. Let me know if you have any further questions

3. Captain cadet

Captain cadet New Member

Jul 23, 2012
    So how do I remove it? Will it be removed with new firmware?

4. Pitbull9119

Pitbull9119 New Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Tapjoy lies

Tapjoy's good but it lies about how much virtual currency u get from doing actions.

5. SaadTapjoy

SaadTapjoy New Member

Jun 19, 2012
    Tapjoy

Can you tell me how Tapjoy lies, if you have an issue reach out to me.

6. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    I use to use it when playing battle nations then tried other games and they never worked so I stopped.

7. SaS- municiple

Aug 17, 2012
    There is an option where you can go to tapjoy website and uninstall it from there, but I hardly doubt that will work, so what you could to is to reset all settings from your iPod/iPhone, I can't 100% guarantee that it will work( Because of all the tricks tapjoy might install on the iPod/iPhone).

8. SaS- municiple

Aug 17, 2012
    Currency is not given after a request was completed, (3 reasons) apple sells garbage phones, 2. Tapjoy's main servers are are down, or the company itself is terrible. Tapjoy gets incomes from fools who pay real money to get rewards with crazy amount of game currency that the game itself can't even offer. Game companies join tapjoy to become one of the greatest amount of download made in apple history, and in order to do that, tapjoy makes clients download one of the games that other game companies made, in exchange for game currency which they don't give, by doing that, it can confuse the gamer, thinking that they did something wrong, so they go to another offer. Am I wrong?

9. Snozberry

Snozberry Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2012
    I'd be careful about tapjoy.. I tried it for a while and I actually paid for some apps because the reward was going to be more game credits than if I had bought it as an IAP through the game, then I got no credits rewarded. Emailed them about it and they just told me it had already been awarded when it hadn't. Alot of people stopped using for this reason. So just beware. I don't trust the profiles they install on your device either...apple doesn't usually allow any third party apps as they can pretty much access everything on your device if they wanted to, photos, email contacts everything..Because of that reason, apple is trying to shut down third party programs like it so it coukdntbyou very well be shut down someday.. So yeah I personally wouldn't use it but my experiences were about 6 months ago now so it could have improved.

10. {:L.S:}

{:L.S:} Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2012
    I like Tapjoy. I mainly use it for Happy Street. Have got loads of Flooz from it. It occasionally doesn't reward me, though.

11. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    To the people wondering about removing it. It sounds like they use a configuration profile, which you can remove from settings, general, profiles, tap on it, tap remove.

12. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    Ya sure? Sometimes profiles collect your personal info and then uninstall themselves.

13. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Yeah it can collect data, but not after it's removed. I don't recall saying people should install it, just that you can remove it ;)

14. mbd12110

mbd12110 Active Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Tapjoy is bogus

I am glad I'm not the only foolish person wasting time with tapjoy. It used to work months ago but no longer. I hope all the game developers get wise to them