Flight Unlimited 3 - San Francisco

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by flightunlimited, Feb 23, 2013.

1. flightunlimited

flightunlimited Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2011
    #1 flightunlimited, Feb 23, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2013
    Hi Everyone,

I'm happy to announce that Flight Unlimited 3 - San Francisco is in development. The game is roughly 10% complete.

I've included some initial, low quality shots of the city. Anyone who has our current game, Flight Unlimited Las Vegas, should get a sense for how the city will look in the game once all of the graphical touches and enhancements have been added. Please note that the buildings are not fully textured yet.

We're gearing Flight Unlimited 3 to be the first vehicle simulator as apposed to flight simulator. Planes, Cars, and Boats will be at your disposal :)

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      352.2 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      343.5 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      285.8 KB
      Views:
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      232.8 KB
      Views:
  2. PureRumble

PureRumble Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2012
    What's always been a bummer to me when comparing other flight sims to x-plane is that the competition use table lookup to simulate the airplanes aerodynamic behavior, while x-plane obtains supreme resulting simulation by using blade element theory.

This puts x-plane far above the publicly available competition, on all platforms, when it comes to -realism-

On the other hand, the GUI and graphical detail of flight unlimited is ridiculously superior to the ones of x-plane. We havent seen an update to the x-plane app for a very long time, and not even been given an iphone 5 update!!

Thats probably because the poor dev has his hands tied up because of the mildly speaking shallow lawsuits from the motha f•cking scumbags uniloc

I would love to have a flight sim with blade element theory and nice graphics. Too bad flight unlimited got all the pieces but one...

3. flightunlimited

Nov 2, 2011
    Good points. We're working to improve the flight model considerably both for the next venture and for the current game Flight Unlimited Las Vegas. I'm happy to hear that you appreciate the visuals we've been able to achieve.

Thank you for the coments

4. Bassman97

Bassman97 Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2012
    none
    You dont need to know
    New one already!! That's good news, I hope that the game is very realistic( I'm not asking to much though), infinite flight has pretty good looking copit views and that would be good if this one did!

5. flightunlimited

Nov 2, 2011
    I can't make any promises but we're working on a revolutionary new memory management system that should allow us to make the flyable area literally 100x larger...imagine the entire state of California as apposed to just San Francisco. The issue is development time may exceed 6 months before we know if our technique works.

I'll keep you posted...in the mean time I'll be uploading some new images this week.

6. Nicoipad

Nicoipad Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2010
    This looks pretty good, look forward to seeing screenshots of the boat and car parts. Hopefully the missions for FU2 come out soon

7. scott99

scott99 Active Member

Jan 22, 2011
    Can't wait, I love your games AND San Francisco.

8. Nicoipad

Aug 28, 2010
    After this game you should add 1 more city and connect all the cities to one giant world. So say its FU1 city, Las Vegas, San Francisco and say Paris

9. flightunlimited

Nov 2, 2011
    That's a good suggestion, we'll look into it.

In the mean time, here are some screens of the new F18 that will be released in the next update of Flight Unlimited Las Vegas. It's a $0.99 in app purchase.

Attached Files:

10. scott99

scott99 Active Member

Jan 22, 2011
    Any update on this one. Patiently waiting for its release.

11. Nicoipad

Aug 28, 2010
    Is this still happening?