iPhone World of Tanks: Blitz (By: Wargaming.net)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by killercow, Mar 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

#1 killercow, Mar 26, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2013
    http://www.polygon.com/2013/3/26/4148438/world-of-tanks-blitz-wargaming-net-ios-android

"World of Tanks Blitz is "inspired by" the Windows PC title World of Tanks, says Wargaming.net, but the game is being built specifically for mobile devices. It will offer up to seven-on-seven action in player-versus-player matches, and users will be able to lead the forces of nations such as the U.S., U.S.S.R. and Germany into battle. The array of vehicles in World of Tanks Blitz will include medium and heavy tanks, as well as tank destroyers."

[​IMG]

2. Aventador

Aventador Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Student
    Croatia
    I will play it only if it can be connected to my PC game account and experience is shared, definitely won't grind to tier X tanks again.

3. sicksilvo

sicksilvo Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2012
    #3 sicksilvo, May 12, 2013
    Last edited: May 12, 2013
  4. ip4weather

ip4weather Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
    only for russian :(

5. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    It's a different game.

6. Sambobsung

Sambobsung Well-Known Member

May 19, 2012
    Male
    Canada
    YAYYYYYYY. Now I can shoot tanks on my iPad now sweet :3

7. whymikewhy

whymikewhy Active Member

Nov 13, 2012
    Wow this is awesome news.

8. sicksilvo

Jul 4, 2012
    #8 sicksilvo, May 19, 2013
    Last edited: May 24, 2013
    From Overlord: "Integration-wise we need to make sure everything is in compliance with Apple and Google policies. Right now, can't say for sure what functionality will be in. " & "I'd expect leveling to be 3-4 times faster than on PC (sure thing going to test it during the beta). One of the key design goals is to minimize frustration, because it can negatively affect retention. Can't allow this to happen."

Game is being developed by a separate Minsk-based studio initially known as DAVA (DavaConsulting) , now it's Wargaming mobile.

Some of interesting info from blog:
    Q:Where can I sign up for NA beta testing?
    A:Haven't started the application process yet. Will do that once we finalize controls and have a more polished version. Pre-alpha stage now. Going to launch internal testing soon.

Q:Will you try to make Blitz's content be the same as PC version or not? If yes, will it get update at same time at PC version about the contents or be delayed few months after official version on PC?
    A:Not the same. We are going for 3 vehicle classes (less then on PC) and planning to have brand new maps. Vehicle-wise we have enough tanks for like 2-3 years of operation, so it won't be a problem.

Q:Maps in Blizt are also smaller so will all the structures of maps can be destroyed or limited as PC?
    A;Not all of the objects can be destroyed. It's both for performance and gameplay sake.

Q:Will Blitz have the terrain (the ground) destroyable: Holes on ground?
    A:Computing power of mobile devices won't allow terraforming and full destruction. Not yet at least.

Q:Can you estimate the percentage of the progress compare to expected alpha or release stage?
    A:close to 25%, I think.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Images are from this video

Update 1 (24.5.2013) - a.k.a. This will be hard to read

Take all of this with a big grain of salt and here is why: all of the info was translated using google translate from Russian to English, there is no official statement by devs. only articles,interviews,etc.

Info was taken from here, i'll post some of more interesting stuff from it.

1. "..the expected system requirements for the game will be pretty high. After optimization of World of Tanks Blitz should work fine on the iPad 2 and iPhone 4" - And just yesterday they (Wargaming.net) posted a job offer for C + + programmer to work on WOT:Blitz - "High requirements for optimization and the ability to write compact quick but beautiful code"

2. "..client will weigh at least 500 MB of mobile standards that very much. Of course, the game will require internet connection 100% of the time"

3. "..the ideal-optimal device for the game - it's iPad Mini"

4. "Premium account in World of Tanks Blitz, is likely to be shared with the World of Tanks"

From other article:

5. "..90 tanks of different powers (the USSR, Germany and the USA), divided into 10 levels of pumping"

In that same article: "The developers promise to support even the most advanced devices - the game will work fine on the iPad 2, iPad Mini and iPhone 4. But the minimum requirements for Android will announce later."

9. Eric_Da_Boss

Eric_Da_Boss Member

Feb 5, 2013
    None
    At my house
    Can't wait for it! I really need to be part of the beta testing I was in the world of warplanes testing. I can't wait :)

10. Twenty One

Twenty One Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2012
    Oil & Gas Engineer
    Oklahoma City, USA
    #10 Twenty One, Jul 5, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2013
    Not sure how I missed this??

Anyway, I am currently testing the 360 version and Its awesome!

Hopefully the controls work out....they look good in those videos....but the gameplay may just be slow enough for this to actually work.

Looking good!

11. _Max_

_Max_ Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2012
    Man, this is really cool, a must have game

12. Eric_Da_Boss

Eric_Da_Boss Member

Feb 5, 2013
    None
    At my house
    I really hope wargaming don't just make this fourm and forget about it.

13. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    What is World of Tanks Blitz? A real time tank simulator?

14. sicksilvo

Jul 4, 2012
    Short: "World of Tanks Blitz is a mobile free-to-play team-based MMO action game dedicated to fierce tank combat."

Long: "Read page one"

But yes, from looks of it it's tank simulator just toned down for mobile , more casual than original WoT

15. iPadisGreat

Dec 10, 2012
    I read page 1 a few times, but could not find any clue as to is it real time driving simulator, or is it more like Combat Mission, where you give instructions, then CPU resolves each turn?

16. Twenty One

Twenty One Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2012
    Oil & Gas Engineer
    Oklahoma City, USA
    #16 Twenty One, Jul 23, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2013
    Yes, it is all REAL-TIME.

Here is the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWK6MT95m_I

It's "class-based" tank warfare between 2 teams with custom loadouts and paint schemes/decals, etc.. and with some different game modes. There is NO RESPAWNING!!

I'm currently in the Xbox beta and the game is fantastic! The Devs (Wargaming) are great with the community and very dedicated to support.....and from what I've read, they are determined to make the iOS version one of the premier games on the App Store, and I am confident they will deliver!

17. iPadisGreat

Dec 10, 2012
    World of Tanks Blitz sounds like it will be a great game to play on consoles. Not too sure about driving tanks using touchscreen tablets though.

18. Eric_Da_Boss

Eric_Da_Boss Member

Feb 5, 2013
    None
    At my house
    I personally think that it would be very interesting to have a iOS/android version it will be a very unique game in the App Store. As i was playing the pc version I thought what if there was a mobile version? Turns out there wasn't I was disappointed so I did some research and found out that they ARE making a mobile version. But it's not out yet. Neither is the beta testing. But once the beta testing is out I really want to be part of it!

19. Aventador

Aventador Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Student
    Croatia
    I don't see how could they possibly make controlling a tank enjoyment on touchscreen with all precise movement , aka rotating turret, moving, zooming and firing fast, all at same time.

20. Eric_Da_Boss

Eric_Da_Boss Member

Feb 5, 2013
    None
    At my house
    It's supposedly a more causal version