Games like Stronghold (pc) ?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Turk, Jul 19, 2012.

1. Turk

Turk Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2009
    I really liked Stronghold/Settlers/etc on the PC. The micromanagement aspect is something I enjoy. Not sure if there are any decent RTS type games that focus on management of resources like that on ios. The iOS version of Settlers is bugged (and old) and most other games I've seen recently have focused on combat over economy.

So ... Any suggestions? Thanks!

2. Stronghold.....brings back so many memories

3. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    There is a settlers port by Gameloft...

4. Turk

Turk Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2009

Yes that's the iOS version I referred to. It's been gamebreakingly bugged for well over a year with no fix in sight. So any other suggestions for a real time esource management game? Ohhhh something like Patrician 2 would be sick!

5. Deathrow

Deathrow Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2011
    TBH, Stronghold for me was 80% focused on sadistic sieges and pouring burning oil on huge masses of meat shields. Ah, one of my favorite RTS-es. So many gameplay options and atmosphere. Too bad the sequels failed so miserably. About your question-there is nothing that comes near the feel and uniqueness of Stronghold on iOS, but you can try Majesty. It has a lot of micromanagement, even if the game is rather simplistic. Imperium Galactica is a good choice too. That game has buckets of gameplay options in it. If you can handle constant walls of text, the King of Dragon Pass is for you. Once you accept the fact that its actually a game you can get addicted for weeks. The game has depth. Lots and lots of it. And micromanagement. Hope my rather lenghty post helps you.

6. Turk

Turk Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2009
    #6 Turk, Jul 22, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2012
    Thanks for the post. I've had KoDP for a while now. Epic epic epic game...but I'm looking for more RTS-like gameplay. I'll look into majesty a bit. Seen it all over but I've never played.

Edit:
    Ah hah! I want a Lords of the Realm for ios! Couldn't come up with the name. Love my medieval RTS ;)