Turn-based dungeon-crawler/RPG

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Cadenza, Aug 10, 2013.

1. Cadenza

Cadenza Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2013
    I'm looking for games similar to Doom 2 RPG and Wolfenstein RPG. Those two kept me playing for hours.
    - Not looking for 1st person shooters
    - Not looking for rogue-like games
    - Not looking for traditional style RPG's like J/KRPG or western RPGs (ravensword, aralon, etc), already have lots of those
    Basically a turn-based dungeon-crawler with RPG elements sort of thing, sort of like the Quest or Undercroft series, but preferably simpler than Quest as that thing was too hardcore for my liking, almost like reading a textbook.

2. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #2 undeadcow, Aug 10, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2013
    QuestLord
    Silversword
    Tumulus of Fen
    Dungeons & Such
    The Bard's Tale (the action RPG has bonus originals in the style you request)
    Wizardry Labyrinth of Lost Souls
    Sorcerer 1 - 4 [free]
    Eternal Throne
    Oubliette RPG
    Descend RPG
    The Labyrinth Phase 1
    Akalabeth - World of Doom!
    Alternate Reality The Dungeon
    Alternate Reality The City

I can't comment on the quality of all these but Questlord, Silversword, and Tumulus of Fen are winners.

3. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    #3 Primoz, Aug 10, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2013
    I can't find Sorcerer #3 in the US AppStore. However there is a fifth one.

@OP - if you have an old phone laying around (or someone you know), like a non-android Nokia or Sony ericsson, get Orcs & Elves and Orcs and elves 2. It's also developed by ID and I think it's exactly what you want to play right now.

4. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I second Tumulus of Fen. Great tension, but shitty interface. If you can put up with the UI, it is a heck of a ride.

5. Baron Cappuccino

Baron Cappuccino Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Aug 1, 2011
    Member-Owner Steampunk Cafe, LLC
    Plainfield, CT
    I'd vouch for Silversword and Questlord. You can instantly tell that both are labors of love fueled by nostalgia. They hit all the right notes.