Universal Blast Rover - "like Moon Patrol meets Super Meat Boy", coming soon

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by NiceDude, Jul 27, 2014.

1. NiceDude

NiceDude Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2014
    https://m.facebook.com/headcasegames
    https://mobile.twitter.com/HeadcaseGames
    http://headcasegames.com

Gameplay video: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152488935589780

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Well, just another run'& gun game.

3. headcaseGames

headcaseGames Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2009
    Mobile Game Developer
    Hollywood, CA
    #3 headcaseGames, Jul 28, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2014
    "another run & gun" huh..

these are some WIP clips of what my partner & I are wrapping up. We've been working on this project for nearly a couple of years now, easily the most demanding effort of any production I've been involved with (hundreds of HD assets!) - but I am extremely proud of what we've accomplished and eager to get it wrapped up & shipped.

As mentioned, 160 levels spread across 8 different worlds (the solar system!) The shots I posted were meant to express that the game involves a lot of action, but as mentioned the game is more in the Super Meat Boy vein in that each level unfolds like a puzzle and you're going to have to think quick and play reflexively in order to make it through. The game starts out very simple (drive, jump, fly, shoot) and slowly starts introducing many environmental elements and obstacles as you progress (direction-changing panels, gravity flippers, speed boost and reducers, etc).

Additionally there is a "4 Star" system for each level (do you want to just see all the levels or BEAT THE GAME?) which will murder the patience of even the hardiest of players.

I do want to stress that this is not "just another run and gun" in spite of what these gifs may imply. We've got a unique control system which honestly feels perfectly suited to the touchscreen and just as well with a keyboard. This game is all about precision control and I've made it a point to only involve myself with such mobile developments if they make sense/feel appropriate in that way. But I will let the players decide for themselves, once this is released.

I am still being courted by some publishers so I am not sure if I'll put this out myself or partner with someone. Also as I finish polishing/testing I have some aces up my sleeve for marketing and promotion so that will play into it as well, as well as what pricing model we decide to go with.

Ultimately I'd love to involve the TA community in discussion of such things if they are interested in Blast Rover - after all, this game is for YOU guys, so if there is some reception from this point than that could affect how we wrap things up with this game.

If you guys have any further questions, feel free to fire away. I'm happy to talk about anything in regards to this or my other developments. Thanks-

4. NiceDude

NiceDude Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Oh, cool, didn't know you were a member here already! Well, thanks for coming by so quickly and I'm sure there are an audience here who'll be interested in your game. There's a large community here who enjoy ass kicking challenging games

5. For me, it's look like another run'& gun game. Saw the gameplay mechanics in the video. I was interested by the "super meat Boy thing, but, not for me. Watch out, i didn't say that the game is bad ;)

6. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    I played the original Moon Patrol (yes, the Arcade) when I was a kid.
    Nice to see someone else remembers it ;)
    Might give this a shot for old times' sake.

7. headcaseGames

headcaseGames Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2009
    Mobile Game Developer
    Hollywood, CA
    Ha, we will see! If anyone can perfect this game I will eat my hat. Maybe just the designer..