Online Multiplay on the Iphone/Ipod Touch..successful..?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by grathina2000, Jul 19, 2009.

1. grathina2000

grathina2000 Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2009
    Hi people...quick question I've just bought Guinness World Record and GloBall and both have really good online score boards for you to compare your score to and goals to beat.
    My question is do they work..?
    Should more games be released that include this feature and does it actually make a difference to the game overall..?

Thanks

2. GaiaIllusion

GaiaIllusion Well-Known Member

May 6, 2009
    Student
    加拿大
    ..."Do they work?"

Interesting question, albeit a bit pointless to ask. :)

3. yournothere

yournothere Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2009
    this should be in the game discussion section.

4. grathina2000

Jul 19, 2009
    Hi guys sorry aboout the post in the wrong section..any mods able to move it..?

"do they work..?" just simply asking whether they add to the overall enjoyment of the game or not. Can the game stand alone or does it have to include online play in order for it to be successful..?

:)

5. GaiaIllusion

GaiaIllusion Well-Known Member

May 6, 2009
    Student
    加拿大
    In all honesty, I believe games with online play adds a LOT of replay value to the game, simply because there is more variety.
    Even online high scores allows for the players to challenge themselves on beating other players.

6. grathina2000

Jul 19, 2009
    Yeah I agree. Although it seems I do get more enjoyment have the simple option of either playing alone on single palyer or when I think I'm decent enough not to embarass myself on online multiplayer.
    I do find that online adds so much fun as well as replay value.
    Developers now-a-days are probably taking online play alot more into consideration.
    Case in point : GloBall
    Its a good game game on its own...but with online play with the ability to see who to challenge within the next mile or so, makes it just that much more attractive.
    Even simple games like papijump...on its own its ok for a bit. But get online scores to beat and it becomes a different game all together in terms of replayability.

7. grathina2000

Jul 19, 2009
    Yeah I agree. Although it seems I do get more enjoyment have the simple option of either playing alone on single palyer or when I think I'm decent enough not to embarass myself on online multiplayer.:rolleyes:
    I do find that online adds so much fun as well as replay value.
    Developers now-a-days are probably taking online play alot more into consideration.
    Case in point : GloBall
    Its a good game game on its own...but with online play with the ability to see who to challenge within the next mile or so, makes it just that much more attractive.
    Even simple games like papijump...on its own its ok for a bit. But get online scores to beat and it becomes a different game all together in terms of replayability.

:)