How much have you spent on apps?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by dogface, May 19, 2010.

1. dogface

dogface Well-Known Member

When I last looked I had spent nearly £60 (roughly $87). At first I was shocked and thought I better calm it down a bit but then I realised that would only buy me a couple of X Box 360 games. How much have you spent? Was it worth it?

2. #2 LostLegend, May 19, 2010
    Last edited: May 19, 2010
    £1.75 - Plants Versus Zombies
    £1.19 - Sword and poker
    £1.75 - Inotia 2
    £7.79? - Chaos Rings
    £4.00 - Broken Sword
    £0.59 - Graph calculator
    £0.59 - Moron test
    £0.59 - ihomework
    £0.59 - Doodle Jump

around £18 0.o

3. dogface

I don't have any of those titles?!? Would you highly recommend any of them? Cheers

4. kalke

kalke Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Buy Sword & Poker!

5. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    I would say around 1000 USD.

6. ImaRetroMan

ImaRetroMan Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2010
    La Puente, CA
    Very close to $250 dollars

7. Get the first 4 I listed, not the graph calc etc (unless you need them for schoolwork)

Broken Sword is a classic point and click, now about £3.
    Sword and poker is a card role playing game, quite fun.
    Inotia 2 has now increased in price a bit but get it as soon as it decreases again. It's a bit repetitive but a nice side distraction.
    Plants versus zombies is a nice tower defense game. Doesn't last long but you can challenge friends in real life to get best things and so on. Multiple profiles are possible.
    Chaos rings is an expensive but very good and highly polished Final fantasy like game. It is only expensive compared to other things on the app store. Along compared to the real world (xbox games etc) It is very cheap.

PM me for more info.

8. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Montreal
    Most recent:
    Fruit Ninja - $0.99
    Ninjatown: Trees of Doom - $1.99
    Edge - $0.99
    The Impossible Game - $0.99
    Canabalt - $2.99
    Finger Physics - $0.99
    Angry Birds - $0.99
    Dizzypad - $1.99

Total: *goes through purchase history* $99

9. Sounds like a lot but very little when considering what Console games cost, isn't it?

10. dogface

Cheers for the info. I'll check out Broken Sword when I'm back home. I love Beneath a Steel Sky so if it's anything like that I'll get it. Thanks again

11. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Well over £150 mate. I'd say that it's been well worth it. So many different experiences for that money. I'm hardly ever on my consoles ever since I got my iPhone in Feb.

12. It is so much better than Steel Sky. The graphics are cleaner and it's a lot more obvious what to do. (As in, scenery is clear in that you know you have to interact with it. In steel sky, I couldn't even see what I was supposed to pick up at the beginning on the left!)
    And I prefer Broken Sword cutscenes.
    You will like it.

13. g-unit-14

g-unit-14 Well-Known Member

May 11, 2010
    i spent about 75£ and i have lots OF FUN STILL !!! and i need to get another 15£ CARD for Splinter cell and what ever next will be

14. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Montreal
    Very true. But also considering I have around 450 apps in total, $99 is pretty good. Though many apps aren't very good.

15. Depends if the apps you bought are good or not.
    They may not be much compared to what a console can do but hey, 59p for Doodle Jump... WHICH I FORGOT TO WRITE.
    Excuse me, let me just edit a post. That makes... £20.

16. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
    I have spend over $100 USD for sure, probably $150 but I never really added it up.

To be honest I've been having more fun with my iPod than I have had with the 360 or PS3 in the last number of months and for what I paid in apps I probably could have only bought 2 games for my other systems. :D

17. That's quite a sad thought even if it's true over here too...
    I have this nagging feeling smaller games are going to take over big console games.

18. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Montreal
    Well, I meant that many of the free ones aren't good :p But there are some that are good as well.

19. DJCaseyD

DJCaseyD Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2010
    Of my own money: $0. All the cards I've had so far have been from helping people with taxes, computers and christmas gifts. :)

That being said, I think I've spent a total of about $75. I've gotten far more out of that $75 than buying a couple of Wii games.

20. Bok Choy

Bok Choy Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    Student
    Probably somewhere around $170 or $180 (USD)... Never added it up though.