Ipod touch gaming cases.

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Neehan, Jan 16, 2010.

1. Neehan

Neehan Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Check this out.

[​IMG]

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002N56C70/ref=s9_simi_gw_s2_p23_i3?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=0RDH7KQ6SM5Q1RSWD9ZG&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846

One problem I find is that its hard to play games on my ipod touch simply because the devise is so small and my hands are so big. This seems like a cool case for 10 bucks, but I'm not sure if this would inhibit my ability to just throw the ipod in my pocket.

Does any one have any experience with one of these cases?

2. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    It almost looks like a gameboy case, not the gamebow advance SP.

Hmm...it looks to bluky, though.

3. TraceyC/FL

TraceyC/FL Active Member

Jan 13, 2010
    I have this DLO one - looks like it might be similar?

http://dlo.com/products/view/JJGame_touch2G

I like it, i actually got it because it was cheap - and open item at Best Buy so it was $13. I needed something to put on there because the kids were pestering me to use it.

Well, i've gotten wayyyyy used to the thicker ends, that now that there is a second Touch in the house - i'm lost with my neked one! I have my heart set on buying the SwitchEasy Torrent - but i'm worried i will really miss the thicker ends.

Now, the DLO is thick enough i'd say it's not easily "pocketed". But frankly, the grip it adds doesn't matter - and I don't really have any pockets it would fit in any. I slip it in my purse occasionally (because, i carry it occasionally), or just carry from spot to spot... which is a pain.

I can also say that the Touch survived a 4 foot fall onto cement in the DLO a couple of weeks ago too! Pretty sure it bounced on a corner before landing face up.

If i came across a DLO for $10 - i'd get it in a heartbeat!

Not sure if that helps at all though :D

4. Ddyracer123

Ddyracer123 Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Funny that there wasn't a thread on this earlier. And I have that elite case. As a matter of fact, I'm typing on it right now. It's ok but doesn't really give you that much grip

5. tzual

tzual Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
  6. Burton

Burton Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Canada
  7. Neehan

Neehan Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Yeah I've got a cheapo case that at least provides grip. I'm looking for a little thickness and maybe an ergonomic type case.

The one I posted at the top offers that, but I have a 3rd gen and its for a 2nd gen. I see a lot cases that say 2nd and 3rd gen so I assume it'll probably work. I know the 3rd gen is a little bit thicker but probably not enough to make a difference.

8. jyhjyh

jyhjyh Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Denmark
    #8 jyhjyh, Jan 16, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2010
    I have these Belkin Ergo Grips for my iPod Touch 3G without the hand strip - it's not a typo -I have all 3 colors :)

It's very solid, the "rips" give you a good grip.
    You can't see it on the picture, but it covers the black area from the bottom to just over the Home-button too

the blue/indigo
    http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-Silicone-Strap-Touch-Indigo/dp/B002W5V64K/ref=pd_sxp_grid_pt_1_2

the red/chili
    http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-F8Z524tt065-Silicone-Sleeve-Pepper/dp/B002RJUNMC/ref=pd_cp_e_2

the black/caviar:
    http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-Silicone-Strap-Touch-Caviar/dp/B002RJUNLS/ref=pd_cp_e_2

9. Neehan

Neehan Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    I like the looks of that one. Is it thick? Do you have large hands and its still comfortable?

10. jyhjyh

jyhjyh Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Denmark
    #10 jyhjyh, Jan 16, 2010
    Yes. In the middle of the device where the rips is smaller the case is thinner.

No, I have not large hands, but one of my friends has, and he uses the same case after he tried one of mine.

11. tzual

tzual Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    More like 2. I have it right here :)

12. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    I would recommend against getting them. They wear out if you use your ipod a decent amount. My dad had one for his iphone, completely trash after 2 months. Slipped off the iphone easily, no grip, color faded, bendy as hell. I had one too it fared a little bit better but I just got so fed up trying to get it out of my pockets, I trashed it. Now I'm sticking with my naked ipod or a hard case.

13. jxjja

jxjja Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    Im using the black one in the photo, and my brother is using the white one.
    313GFQpQ1QL._SL500_AA280_.jpg
    Amazon link: click here

14. tzual

tzual Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Yeah mine is starting to lose grip.

15. Neehan

Neehan Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    I've got it narrowed down to the Incipio 1337 and the Belkin Ergo. Anyone have experience with these two to make recommendations before I buy?

16. Rixx

Rixx Well-Known Member

May 29, 2009
    College Instructor
    Longview, Texas
    #16 Rixx, Jan 16, 2010
    The Belkin one that includes a wrist strap is really nice.

I use the DLO Gaming one(Jampad?), it comes with a strap but the strap sucks. The DLO Jampad though is a really nice case if you don't mind the extra thickness.

I have an invisible shield on the front and back, and keep it in the DLO Game Case with the strap from the Belkin case, and I carry that in a padded camera case.

http://www.zagg.com/invisibleshield/apple-ipod-touch-2nd-gen-cases-screen-protectors-covers-skins-shields.php?intcmp=top_nav

http://dlo.com/products/view/JJGame_touch2G

http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-Silicone-Strap-Touch-Indigo/dp/B002W5V64K/ref=pd_sxp_grid_pt_1_2

17. HelperMonkey

HelperMonkey Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    Iowa
    I use a case, and I do appreciate the bit of added "bulk" just to hold on to. One thing I would mention, and I don't know if most cases are like this, but mine covers the iPod front and back except for the buttons and a "window" for the screen. This window is the issue that I thought was worth a warning. Because the case is a mm or two thick, and because the window "frame" comes right to the very edge of the screen, it sometimes makes it difficult to touch something - like a game button - that is very close to the edge of the screen. It would work better if the case stopped a bit short of the edge of the screen or thinned the material as it neared the edge.
    Just something to consider.

18. jyhjyh

jyhjyh Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Denmark
    That's one of the reasons why I prefer the Belkin Ergo Grip. (see #10)
    There is 1 mm space between the case-frame and the screen.

19. zamansimba

zamansimba Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2009
    #19 zamansimba, Jan 16, 2010
    i use speck fitted, its made of fabric at the back and covers the whole ipod. Absorbs some oil/sweat due to the fabric and grip is nice with it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

with this mother, and a screen protector, i can afford to be a bit rough with the ipod knowing everything's covered. I even play my ipod while shitting.

20. HelperMonkey

HelperMonkey Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    Iowa
    Well, that's only proper. But if that's why you need it covered you may have some other issues...