Universal Growtopia (by Ubisoft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jan 10, 2013.

1. Baron Cappuccino

Baron Cappuccino Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Aug 1, 2011
    Member-Owner Steampunk Cafe, LLC
    Plainfield, CT
    A grow account will fix it. You can pick an entire different name even.

2. Jordanbuzz

Jordanbuzz Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2011
    ok. Thanks

3. nat

nat New Member

Jan 15, 2013
    Seth. I meant that I am banned from this device or location. So I am banned from playing growtopia on this device forever.

4. Seil

Seil Growtopia Seed Master

Aug 30, 2012
    US
    #164 Seil, Jan 16, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2013
    Added tier 6 to the SEEDIARY world last night and tested all of tier 7. Intend to add it today. Hopefully tier 8 tonight or tomorrow.

Edit: Added tier 7. Also fixed Sexy Boxers and Music Box and added Monster Feet on the wiki recipe page.

5. Seth A Robinson

Seth A Robinson Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2009
    Game developer
    Japan
    Nat, I emailed you but didn't get a reply. Email [email protected] and explain (include your GrowID/logon name) and maybe I can help ya you.

6. Peewhy

Peewhy Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    I like the music

7. Seil

Aug 30, 2012
    US
    #167 Seil, Jan 17, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2013
    Some new low rarity items were added to the game which I think will be really nice for new players. I'm not going to add them to the SEEDIARY for a day or so since they're still so new(and also very easy to discover).

I may make this standard, waiting a day or so when new items are added to the game. It's no fun if every new secret is instantly spoiled right? I may make an exception for when items are added to the wiki by someone else or something. Dunno.

I've also added Tier 8 to the SEEDIARY which includes one of the previous new items, Dreamstone Block, which I also added to the wiki.

I may be able to add Tier 9 tomorrow, I don't know. I'm getting into the realm of trees that take awhile to grow, so gathering enough seeds for testing is going to be more time consuming now haha.

Edit: I also just realized I have a cool custom title, sweet!

8. tso5818

tso5818 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    iANiMeX's left ear
    You need to do something with the blue skin dye, I don't want my character blue. Someone out it on me.

Also for devil horns, why not make them a wearable item, not an item that dissappears.
    Thanks.

Also would be sweet if you could make a marketplace and we can sell our items for gems. Also have bidding for items. Would really change how the game is.

I only saw fairy wings in the game, can you make angel wings?

Also take some items off the game after a month so they become rare and certain people have them, but if they have the seeds for that item, they can keep making more.

Last for the backpack expansion, can you leave it at 500 gems to upgrade? That is rediculos that the price increases so much for the backpack. It's at 2400 right now for me to upgrade.

9. tso5818

tso5818 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    iANiMeX's left ear
    Also my devil horns just dissappeared from my account/character entirely. I had 3.

10. nat

nat New Member

Jan 15, 2013
    Did you get my message seth?

11. Seil

Aug 30, 2012
    US
    #171 Seil, Jan 17, 2013
    The modifier items are fine as-is. There's a difference between them and clothing items - they can be spliced with things. And using them has a chance of providing seeds. Having the item used on you has a chance of giving you a seed, even. And they wear off in time. Blue wears off in an hour, devil horns in 30 mins, etc.

Clothing items cannot be spliced. The seeds aren't even supposed to be obtainable.

There are currently only fairy wings.

And taking items out to make them rare or whatever sounds like it would mainly generate frustration. The game is about fun x.x And they add new items frequently. This means the new items are rare for a bit until they become more well known.

And although the backpack upgrades do get quite high, they aren't a huge deal, and I'm someone that's bought all of them. Items don't despawn so you can use a location in a secure world for storage purposes. And since clothing seeds don't splice with anything and shouldn't be available, there's no reason to keep them on your person at all times. Which cuts down heavily on inventory usage. Keeping only one set of clothes on you, etc.

Chests/storage is suggested often which I support. And dropping the backpack expansion pricing a bit wouldn't hurt, but it's not terrible given all of that.

12. Seth A Robinson

Jun 27, 2009
    Game developer
    Japan
    You're probably aware, but the blue die only lasts 2 hours. (Can do /status to see any active effects and the time left) Maybe we should reduce that time? (Devil horns are less, like 30 mins I think)

The system is setup so that high level rarity things cannot be farmed, ie, you will always run out of seeds eventually.

Backpack size - will think about capping this, I agree it's over-priced at the later upgrades. More backpack space may disincentivize building on the other hand. Will talk to Hamumu about it.

Angel wings? Hmm, it's secret, but check in again around Valentine's Day...

13. Seil

Aug 30, 2012
    US
    #173 Seil, Jan 17, 2013
    I feel that most of us run out of bag space and need upgrades due to seed storage. Or people with my mindset do, anyway. I would grow things for building purposes when I need those specific things, and otherwise convert them to seeds for splicing.

My bag almost solely contains seeds haha. So I don't think it would reduce the rate of building. I dunno how many people build for the purpose of conserving space, really.

Also I could have sworn blue was 1 hour. I used it a lot last night x.x devil horns are definitely 30 minutes though.

And sweet, a hint to a future item!

Edit: Reducing the time on blue would be nice, in my opinion. Maybe in line with devil horns etc. Not just because it annoys some people, but also for people that are trying to farm seeds x.x The fact that you now have to wait for something to wear off before re-using it really makes farming blueberry, devil horn, etc seeds difficult lol.

14. Seth A Robinson

Jun 27, 2009
    Game developer
    Japan
    Good call on the seed thing, totally didn't realize the implications of the "can't use it, that effect is already active" change we did a few days ago would have. Will change it so you can always use it, but will just get a "No effect, was already active!"

And reduce the timer a bit.

PS: Hamumu said he finally found the real "Seil Seed From Clothes" bug! The fix will go in soon! (May only affect new trees planted..)

15. Seil

Aug 30, 2012
    US
    Awesome on all accounts.

16. Mewoko

Mewoko Member

Jul 19, 2012
    #176 Mewoko, Jan 18, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2013
    I just have to say... I honestly thought I was going to play this game for 30 mins, tops, based on the screenshots and review.

But now, I'm... I don't know... 30 hours into it? Which is spectacular for an iPhone game. After hopping around between worlds, I realized that all the hotels were either empty rooms or poorly organized... So I set out to make a good hotel.

Every room has its own small or big lock and I put entrances on all the rooms so that people can lock or unlock them as they wish. I help people with items they need and change out their surrounding walls for them. I help them with how to link doors, make items, and secure their rooms.

I honestly think I now have the best-managed hotel in the game and people are always emailing me asking for rooms.

Creating this sort of metagame for myself is what this game is really about. For me, it was creating an awesome hotel. For other people, it is making a maze or a complex platformer puzzle full of lava and spikes. I think you guys have something really big on your hands if you manage to market it right. Good luck!

Oh, and my hotel is HotelMewoko, if any of you TouchArcade people want to check it out.

And reply to this comment if you're one of the 30 people renting from me. :D haha

17. Seil

Aug 30, 2012
    US
    Not a renter but I have been there to check it out before haha. And yeah I love seeing what others have made. I'll be doing more actual building and designing once I get my SEEDIARY project up to date. Until then, that's what most of my time is going toward lol.

18. Tannorexic

Tannorexic Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Student
    Somewhere in the spiritual realm
    A while ago, I saw someone with black wings with pink outline.. But lately I've only seen fully pink wings... Did anyone else see that or was I trippin'?

19. Snozberry

Snozberry Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2012
    #179 Snozberry, Jan 18, 2013
    I think the blueberry seeds are great. I used to just use them on myself, but after the last update where you couldn't use it twice, I went out and sprayed everyone else blue. (Probably sprayed TJ) it's fun to irritate people a little bit. It's not permanent, it's just kinda cheeky, just like punching people's trees is, and punching them into death spikes. The only issue is, I didn't get 1 seed after spraying about 20 people with blueberries. I think they got the seed instead, which kinda sucks. But I'm happy to hear blueberries usage effects will be changed again. I often farm for blueberries, as steel blocks are the staple of the game really.

I've wondered about this for a while, what happens if someone has a world without a world lock, and some people put small locks in the world, and then one day the person puts a world lock down? Is it possible? What happens to the small locks? Can the person still access them? Or can a world lock simple not be out down if other locks by other people are down?
    Also, I see people offering hotels in their worlds, but if you build on their world with their world lock, won't that mean you can't take your items down?

Sorry for all the questions, I've pretty much got a hang of the game now, other than locks. I'm still a bit confused by locks. And highly irritated by griefers who lock other people's worlds. I saw a person named Ebartsoft going around locking people's rooms, he locked a room called LOVE, and others i cant remember the name. he came to my room and was all like "let me in".. So I strung him a long for a while pretending I'm a noob asking him if he promises not to break my fairy wings trees if I let him in and give him permission, he finally left when he realised, but what a douche.

Played this game many hours now, and have to say, the devs are truly creative geniuses to come up with such a brilliant concept. It's got something for everyone, mining/crafting, social, competitive, gem fights, creative/arty, logic/discovery, even making mazes and levels, and those who enjoy going around completing the mazes and levels. Its like a million games inside of a game. And the best thing of all, accessibility, its free giving everyone the chance to play and collect gems, someone with an empty itunes account can have as much fun as someone with a platinum amex card on file. So thank you devs for not having the typical freemium mentality. When you first start playing, you don't realise how in depth the game actually is. There's so much to do, and you truly get a sense of joy out of building something you really wanted from scratch. I'm almost there, soon to harvest my fairy trees. ^_^ I just wanted to thank the devs for being so awesome, I really appreciate the small updates lately, I love how they can update items through the server so we don't have to wait 6 years for apple to approve the update, again geniuses. Ill be watching out for the developers other projects in the future, they're clearly worth keeping an eye on :)

**Edit** - I just harvested my first magical bacon wallpaper tree ^_^ while the magical bacon wallpaper is deliciously sexy, I am slightly disappointed it isn't actually magical.. It'd be really awesome if each time you punched the bacon wallpaper, it changes colour, from pink, to purple, to blue, green, yellow, orange. That's the order I think would be the most magical. ^_^

20. Seil

Aug 30, 2012
    US
    #180 Seil, Jan 18, 2013
    I think you were under the influence of some fairy dust or something =p That or you caught a glimpse of something currently unknown to the masses haha.

World Locks cannot be placed in a world that contains other locks already. Even says it in the store description =p

Highly agree with the praise too, Seth and Mike have done an amazing job and are also very open to player feedback - the game's just going to keep getting better at this rate and I'm glad to be on board for the ride.

Edit: As for your other question I overlooked: Hotels use other locks inside of the world lock to give people personal access to certain sections of the world. In these rooms, the renter has the ability to place and destroy things. As long as the person running the hotel doesn't decide to lock everyone out of their rooms, it's okay.