why I hate ngmoco

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by caterpi, Mar 12, 2010.

1. caterpi

caterpi Active Member

Feb 28, 2010
    what's up with making all of their new games require friends to not get a disadvantage? I don't have any and that is why I spend most of my time gaming.

2. Austin:]

Austin:] Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2010
    There are already too many 'Hate' threads for ngmoco:) dispose of this thread:p

3. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    Cool story bro.

4. Burton

Burton Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Canada
    Well, I'm sure some people on here have the same situation as you.

If you looked around, you'd realize that everyone just adds everyone. Post your Plus+ ID in one of the threads and you'll get tons of friend requests...

5. madmud101

madmud101 Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    One of many mate, one of many...

6. Jarek

Jarek Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009
    FISHLABS Moderator
    Końskie, Poland
    caterpi - why do You have no friends?

7. Spotlight

Spotlight Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2009
    http://www.rentafriend.com/

8. Symbolist

Symbolist Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Once was a writer; then AS became to overwhelming
    Do you even know what the word hate means? How strange it is to hate a company which is publishing electronic games... Think about. The first step to master real life. Your feelings are too expensive and too personally to be spent in such a way. Go out for a long walk. Do some jogging.

9. hex_me

hex_me Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2009
    Estimator
    Earth
    dispose of your face.

this 'freemium' thing is bullsh!t, what a way to ruin games. its even a dumb f%#king word so screw whoever coined it aswell.

10. hex_me

hex_me Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2009
    Estimator
    Earth

Look at you all high and mighty. Who the f%^k are you to be giving life advice, dr phil? doctor my ass. Why don't you show face? I'll bet you an ice-cream you yourself could do with a jog or a 'long walk', if you're such a well rounded social being what are you doing on a gaming forum giving health tips? And while i'm on the topic of you, learn how to correctly structure a sentence so it makes sense. (and yes i purposely didn't use capital letter on dr phil, he doesn't deserve that kind of respect)

11. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

Woah, calm down... don't wanna know abour *your* problems in real life...

12. hex_me

hex_me Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2009
    Estimator
    Earth
    probably wise

13. RankoSao

RankoSao Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    College Student
    State of Hysteria
    Random, hateful, and failtastic. You've got problems, dude..

14. Will090

Will090 Well-Known Member

Easy, Free Advertising

15. Deewin

Deewin Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    Werule doesn't really need friends to do any real social networking. It's actually more of a gimmick than anything else. What I don't like about NGMOCO is how they are marketing their games like WeRule on twitter fooling unsuspecting people in the US into thinking they are lucky getting a Werule code. I understand viral marketing will attract more users but they should really focus more on compelling gameplay over marketing. I've played just about all of NGMOCO's games and almost all of their games (Rolando excluded) feel very limited after the intial "wow" factor from the graphics and polish imo.

16. Symbolist

Symbolist Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Once was a writer; then AS became to overwhelming
    #16 Symbolist, Mar 12, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2010
    What I am? More important is, how old I am. I am 45 years of age. Old and wise enough to give advice. Even advice about hate. The first thing is the word itself. It is a strong word. A word to be used with a reason. Only very young people use this word ten times a day.
    But more important is the feeling of hate. In 45 years I have had many fights, many confrontation. I have seen a lot of evil and annoying things; but in all those years I only found a handful of people I hate. The others are just unimportant effort to bring their own pain into my life. People looking for revenge for the results for their own wrongdoings.
    The problems with the abuse of the word is the risk it will someday include the connected feeling. Speaking about hate brings hate. Contamination of mind and soul. It is self abuse to start such a thing cause a game publisher is producing things you do not want to play. And it completely takes away any feeling of self respect. Losing self respect, in the end, leads into death.

17. Balu`

Balu` Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Hungary
    I don't like ngmoco either, but the only company I can hate is Gameloft.

18. gelas_plastik

gelas_plastik Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2009
    hate is such a strong word .. when we hate someone, there could be that it's our problem instead of theirs ..

.. did i sound like someone dad?

19. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    I fail to see how any of the issues brought up about ngmoco could not be resolved by not buying their games. There are many, many options available in the in the App Store, most of which are perfectly playable by social recluses.

I'm with Symbolist on the use of the word "hate." It's a perfect example of what I call Internet Hyperbolic Speak (IHS for short). My main problem with IHS, though, is that it demeans the value of some very important words. I 'hate' Dick Cheney. The genocide in Rwanda was 'horrible.' To use these same terms about games or game publishers is not only ridiculous -- it actually hurts the language.

It's a lost battle, of course.

20. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

Well, in this battle, my swordhand is yours.