Universal Robot Unicorn Attack 2 - (by [adult swim])

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Apr 24, 2013.

1. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Yes they couldnt offer those songs for free so they added them as IAP, plus they give you 500 drops... 99 cents each and a coin doubler for 4.99 (a bit steep). And all this when you reach rank 4. :)

2. mrkgoo

mrkgoo Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2008
    What was the default control scheme on this? Jump on the left or right? I think they changed it by putting it in the right, but not sure if I just accidentally switched.

3. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    Jump on the left.

4. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
    There's an option to switch them but the default is jump on the left, dash on the right

5. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
    #205 Echoen, Apr 26, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2013
    Omg seriously? They wiped my legit 627k score off of the leaderboard just because it was double that of 2nd place? Can I report that?

Edit: Okay it seems they did wipe my score in 3 wishes but not my single wish score. But I used the Game Center app to check if it was there. Then I opened RUA2 to check my score and it loaded it back. There's also some guy who got over 500k so it at least should look more legit now. :|

6. SwimCeej

SwimCeej Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2008
    I help make iOS games!
    Atlanta, GA
    Hmm, ok I will tweak that. Hard to tell where the legit ceiling is going to be so we can filter out cheats.

7. James Cameron

James Cameron Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2013
    Great graphics. The game is quite good although I'm not a big fan of, endless runners. Best of all, the soundtrack sounds like Amiga classic Turrican

8. Bruno

Bruno Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2009
    Capital Markets
    Boston
    The game is amazing, however the ads are starting to annoy.

I decided to buy the doubler thinking that it would stop the ads but it didnt.

A little questionable.

What dou you guys think?

9. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
    I'll give away how I managed over 600k.

Slowest unicorn, short dash, max air jumps my rank allowed (4 at the time), fast acceleration, and quick ascending wings. Wings are the key here to maintain the maximum multiplier of 9x. I used the rank 17? boost, collection gravity. For the current floor plan "howling cliff", all I did was stay on the top level without landing on the ground once I reached top speed. Timing the lasers from the largest giants is what I have real trouble with because they tend to clump together at the far end of the level. The margin of error is really small using my technique but believe me, It's still possible to get a higher score than what I got. My prediction is it'll reach at least 900k after a few weeks but with most top scores around 700k

Glad to know you're here Ceej! Love the game a lot!

10. Quantum Apocalypse

Quantum Apocalypse Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    You will need to purchase it to listen. You get a few bonus Tears as well. Because free just can't pay for music licenses :p

If that's the case for you, then I guess it's a bug. I'm on iPad 2 6.1.2 JB.

Is the "quick dash" just a short one? And are there really any great benefits from it? I'm using the long dash right now.

11. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
    Depends on how fast you like to move. If you're going at a fast pace, you want a quick(short) dash so you have more control. A fast unicorn doing a long dash at top speed is bound to crash into a wall because it couldn't fall down when jumping wasn't an option. On the other hand, a slow unicorn should use a long dash to cover the same distance as if it were fast and to be able to reach the largest giants without crashing instead.

It's a perfect balance and there are gaps that feel like they were designed with this in mind.

12. Artfoundry

Artfoundry Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    COO and Creative Director at LCD Dreams, Inc.
    Bay area, CA
    Awesome game. Only complaint is the load times (both iPad 2 and iPhone 5) - awfully long for this type of game.

Oh, and I bought the Neverending Story IAP, and I'm manly enough to admit it. Lol.

13. The Nothing

The Nothing Member

Apr 27, 2013
    Go Team Inferno.

14. Exzander

Exzander Active Member

Sep 30, 2011
    The daily goals haven't worked for me the past two days...
    Also, sometimes the community goal doesn't either. I don't understand what's wrong with my game.
    Too bad there's no iCloud because I don't feel like doing everything all over again...

15. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    What happened to PikPok? He seemed to drop off after the game came out. I'd like to hear whether they're working on more optimization considering those with even newer devices are concerned about slow down.

For me, on my 3GS, it isn't that bad, but lots of crashes on startup.

Are they hearing us

16. Saqerbeast

Saqerbeast Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2011
    I'm curious to know how you are running this game on a 3GS sense it requires iOS 6.0.1 and 3GS doesn't support them

17. Seil

Seil Growtopia Seed Master

Aug 30, 2012
    US
    The iPhone 3GS is iOS 6 compatible.

18. grits

grits Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    Are the music previews the entire song or just a loop from the first few seconds? The never ending story just sounds like the first 10 seconds of the song.

19. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Yep, I'm running 6.1.2. Believe it or not Apple still supports the 3GS, but it'll be scratched off the list when the iPhone 6 hits I'm sure.

My only problem with this game is getting it started. Probably takes me an average of 5 times launching before it finally catches on. Plays pretty well after that. That's what I'd like to see fixed more than anything and it sounded like earlier in the thread that even the iPhone 5 was getting crashes.

20. Quantum Apocalypse

Quantum Apocalypse Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    It's a the 'menu' music I think. So basically a short looping preview.