DLC Question?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by laxking97, Jul 2, 2010.

1. laxking97

laxking97 Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    Utah
    So I bought some Pocket God DLC (2$) on my iPod. My brother asked for Me to download it for him (we share iTunes). Thinking it would be free I downloaded it and it charged me again (4$)! I just got a new iPod and want to download it but I don't want to buy it again. How can I get it free or get my money back? I don't want to spend 6$ on the same thing!

2. Mondae

Mondae Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Perv, why do you care?
    Complain to iTunes.

3. sid187

sid187 Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2009
    yeah, as far as i know DLC are going to be to whatever account you used. so you will have to use that account.

chris.

4. TrueAxis

TrueAxis Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2009
    As long as you use the same iTunes account you will not get charged. So if you already bought it and try and download it again, the In App Purchase will ask you if you want to buy it. If you say yes you will not get charged because on a later In App Purchase menu it will say you have already bought it and would you like to download it for free... It's a bit weird that it's done this way because people feel like they are been charged again but they have not.

I'm basing this on the DLC stuff we added to Jet Car Stunts... But the menus belong to the In App Purchase SDK, personally I feel that Apple have got the menus wrong when you want to re-download the content again.

5. Krollx

Krollx Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2010
    Yeah that's what happens to me if i try buy a game a second time, it'll just say that you've already bought it and it doesn't download again. I think you can sync two ipods on the same itunes account - this way you can get all the games without buying them all again.

6. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    You can definitely use the same iTunes account on multiple devices - when my wife got an iPhone, I had her use my existing account so she could download all my stuff. The only limit is 5 computers authorized to view content downloaded with the account (I'm using 3, our computers at home and my computer at work.)

7. Another way to solve this kind of problem is to wait until you empty the account, then try again. I've had problems with the same thing in the past.