iPad Pocket Heroes - (by Ayopa Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Jul 11, 2012.

1. Daxmort

Daxmort Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Don't quote me on this, but there's a possibility that they might add mission packs/expansions, or maybe extra characters in for IAP later on--but I'm not sure, it could be free all the same and I'm just misquoting what was mentioned in a blog post!

Totally buying it as soon as it comes to the UK.

2. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

As currently almost nobody is Online or playing the Game here is a small Sneak Peek Gameplay Trailer of the first few Minutes...

...this will sure change as soon as the Game will be out Worldwide :)

3. denki_boy

denki_boy Member

Feb 16, 2012
    Tokyo, Japan
    Oh man, I am so ready for this game. Any idea when it will be on the Japan store??

4. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    OMFG Instabuy!

5. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    #25 Pitta, Jul 11, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2012
    Soooooooooooo ready too.
    Sooooooooo ready.

Thanks for the video Sanuku (press attack wold damnit!!! :) )...seems retro-slick as I hoped and the music is already in my head...
    Really nice touch that you have to go to the tavern to actually meet your friends, a nice way to do a tutorial.

Can't wait!!!

6. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    The retro music and graphics I could well have done without, but I understand the concept enables developers to save tons of development time and resources on artwork and presentation, regardless of whether the game is enhanced or held back by retro trappings. So I guess I should be thankful, though I might have been prepared to wait a few more months for Pocket Heroes had it actually looked as good to me as it seems to play ;)

Otherwise, this is one of the more exciting releases in quite some time. I'm looking forward to getting some co-operative online async gaming going with my iOS gaming pals, as a relief from all the heavy competitive matches we constantly have going, and where I rarely come out any wiser or more successful ;)

7. Brandon Pollet

Brandon Pollet Well-Known Member

#27 Brandon Pollet, Jul 11, 2012
    It's probably good to note that the part of the game where Sanuku invited people to play the game was skipped. You can't actually start a game by yourself.

8. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    #28 Pitta, Jul 11, 2012
    I have a question arised while talking with my friends.

Is the game linear?
    I mean...if I start playing a quest with 1 friend of mine...and than start another game with ANOTHER friend of mine...will I have two IDENTICAL games (besides classes and such).
    I mean...story, situations and the like?
    How is handled this?
    Do I have to start with the people I know I'll complete the campaign and then wait for next chapters?

EDIT: I mean...I'm old D&D player so I know how it goes. I have a closed group of friends and I'll play with them. But I saw Accept Random People in the option (video above) and being the async genre popular in the AppStore but with a more casual vibe, I guess this point has to be clarified.
    If there is a story to follow, and subsequent quests to take one after another, I probably would stick with some friends...so I'm curious.

9. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    8PM PST is a long way to go, but I can't wait to finally get my hands on this long awaited game on my wishlist. :D

10. Brandon Pollet

That's basically how it's set up right now. We're looking at making it a little more dynamic in updates but this first chapter is a linear adventure. Once you get to the end of this chapter your party will hold until the next missions become available.

It's almost like an old school Dragon Warrior game, except that it's async multiplayer.

11. Emos

Emos Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2009
    Instabuy for me too. Any peeps who used to play O&C, Magic 2013 or Ascension feel free to add me for a campaign! GC is Emos.

12. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Ok thanks.
    While you answered I edited my original post for better clarity but I guessed so.
    I'm fine with that, but I think it has to be clear, especially for people not fortunate enough (or old enough :p) to have experienced the real D&D group deal.

CAN'T WAIT.

13. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Looking forward to it Emos. ;)

14. denki_boy

denki_boy Member

Feb 16, 2012
    Tokyo, Japan
    I added you!

My GC is denki boy. Anyone interested in playing, feel free to add me!

15. Lazykw

Lazykw Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2010
    Does anyone knows if I can delete games?

16. Brandon Pollet

Not in this version, but it's coming in an update. There are a lot of issues around leaving a party and what that means for your character, and the characters of the other party members. We're working on a solution but didn't have it in place for the launch.

17. Lazykw

Lazykw Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2010
    Ok because I added a few ppl wrongly and now the games are stucked there waiting and just wish that I could delete them =P

Btw when it's not my turn why it still shows Waiting for your turn when it should be my friends turn?

18. Brandon Pollet

That's there to let you know that it's not currently your turn, but putting the name of the current player is a great idea. We'll add that in an update!

19. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Dungeon crawling and RPG... Not my type of genre, but this I'm really excited for! About time it's here! :D

20. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    I'll pose a problem, hoping you can solve it...or think about this for future updates...it's the very same 'problem' I thought about when the game was announced (I do not remember if we talked about it in the upcoming thread).
    I think it's crucial for the success of the game in the long run.

I have 3 groups of friends.
    We all want to play Pocket Heroes togheter.
    So tonight we will be all up till the game is installed.

I start playing with group 1.
    I start playing with group 2.
    I start playing with group 3.
    I start playing with random people, just to try it.

I see a big problem here.

LOOK A CHEST!
    Do not open it!
    Why?
    It's a trap.
    How do you know it?
    Because I already played this part on another game.

To be clear, I prefer that it's set up so, because I'm sure story and scripted situations will make the game better than the average dungeon crawl....but the problem persist.
    I do not know a solution, but I think it's something to address, especially in the future; waaaaaaay past I suggested the game could be formed by individual quests, all interconnected in a major storyline, which you can play with different people, each one self ending...with a 5 span or single last major quest you can do to end the campaign.
    So I can Play Pitta the fighter in quest 1 with group 1, quest 2 with group 2 and so on...and finally play the end campaign with whom I prefer (no solution for this, and the problem for the concurrent quests exp arises).

What do you think?