Does Apple feature FREE games?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by egarayblas, Jun 30, 2010.

1. egarayblas

egarayblas Well-Known Member

Any experience on this guys? Does Apple feature FREE games on the App Store or only paid ones? I've had my previous game featured but it was a paid app when it came out. This time, I'm thinking of going FREE but I'm not yet convinced if its the appropriate route to take.

Thanks in advance! :)

2. AnthonyL

AnthonyL Well-Known Member

I've seen a few featured though most of them have supported IAP for additional content.

3. spacecowgoesmoo

spacecowgoesmoo Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2008
    Composer / Level Designer @ Bovinedragon Software
    Los Angeles, USA
    Trace was featured for a while when it first came out. We even got one of those big image links on the Games page. No IAP either, but that was before we even had the option :p

4. egarayblas

I guess there's no harm in trying. :) Thanks for sharing your experience guys!

5. Spinzizzle was featured and its free now.

6. egarayblas

@LostLegend: Was Spinzizzle FREE when it was featured by Apple?

7. klicktock

klicktock Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2009
    Director of KlickTock
    Ballarat, Vic, Australia
    I had "Doodle Find" - which was a completely free game featured by Apple.... but only in Australia and the UK - not in the US.

I've since released Doodle Find Pro and integrated iAd into Doodle Find, but at the time of the feature, Doodle Find was completely free with no way of raising revenue for Apple.