Will Gauntlet Legends ever hit the iPhone/iPod?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Bernizzle, Jul 4, 2010.

1. Bernizzle

Bernizzle Active Member

Jun 2, 2010
    NJ
    Has anybody heard any rumor about gauntlet legends coming to our devices??

2. Acidbottle

Acidbottle Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2009
    im amazed theres no gauntlet on the appstore. had a really good port on ma sony ericsson a few years ago to!

also atari seems to have walked away from apple, guess they fell out. so in answer to yer question, prolly not ;(

3. dumaz1000

dumaz1000 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    Atari has better things to do then mess around with appstore development. As do, quite frankly, most big name console and/or multiplatform developers. Most established developers do nothing more than dabble in idevice gaming. There are a few exceptions, but most companies who have even a small presense in the scene don't really take it that seriously. Just look at konami. Sure, they produce a handful of idevice games. I wouldn't say there are firing on all cylinders though. If Konami wanted to try harder, they could. If Sega wanted to try harder, they could. If Square-Enix wanted to try harder, they could. Some companies put forth only a minimal effort. Other companies, like Atari, don't even bother at all.

It's a money issue, really. People aren't willing to pay enough for iphone games to make it worth it for companies like Sega and Konami and Atari.

Most people don't want to pay more than somewhere in-between .99 and 4.99 for iphone games. And that, more than anything else, continues to hold back progress.

4. TheFamousEccles

TheFamousEccles Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2009
    The App Store is commercially viable for big developers. Companies have done great having the iPhone as their main platform. The $5 glass ceiling that everyone talks about doesn't exist either. GTA, Gameloft, and Square Enix have managed to top the charts while costing more than $5.

But yeah, on topic, I haven't heard anything, but that would be neat.

5. Bernizzle

Bernizzle Active Member

Jun 2, 2010
    NJ
    Oh ok that sucks. I might try to make a game that nearly the same because it's been years since I have played it and I don't want to pull out my dreamcast to play it anymore lol

6. agent59512935

agent59512935 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2008
    Konami releases mostly garbage on consoles as well and have for years.

Apparently they just suck.

7. Jetjet

Jetjet Well-Known Member

May 14, 2010
    Solomon's Keep is also a good alternative for all Gauntlet fans.

8. Bernizzle

Bernizzle Active Member

Jun 2, 2010
    NJ
    Does the game have a good amount of playtime?