Best iPad Mine cases?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Bronxsta, Jun 3, 2013.

1. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

#1 Bronxsta, Jun 3, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2013
    I have a Casemate for my iPhone and I prefer that over Otterbox. But now I'm looking cases for the iPad Mini. Only ones that provide protection. And (I don't know if they exist), but cases that provide protection and also have a cover.

I'm asking here because maybe some cases and screen protectors are better for gaming than others. I know that with my bro's Otterbox case, sometimes it wasn't as responsive when I tapped the screen through the protector compared to my case. So maybe forum members know of cases that better for extensive gaming, I don't know...
    Thanks

2. stormyspop1

stormyspop1 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    Personally, I like the otterbox mini case. The only thing I dislike about it is its very difficult to get the plastic housing off when I need to clean my ipad. Also, lint seems to get under the screen protector some how, but its not that bad. The screen is very responsive with screen protector thats included and it also has a very sturdy stand that's removable to boot. Anyway, good luck finding a case. Hopefully Lifeproof makes a case for the mini. It looks like a great protector......

3. The Stick

The Stick Member

Feb 15, 2013
    watchmaker
    KAVAJ "Berlin" leather case. Very good quality and slim.

4. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    #4 iPadisGreat, Jun 3, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2013
    I actually applied a transparent sticker shield on the back of my iPad 2 when I bought it. Then I got a good matte screen protector for the touchscreen. That plus the smart cover should have you covered for basic protection... But wait, the smart cover always got in the way when I was typing, landscape style, so I eventually ditched it for a folio case.

My other iPad 2 is wrapped up in a Griffin Survivor, certified mil-spec case that is dust and water resistant. Touch screen sensitivity sucks on that one as there is a clear plastic screen separating my fingers from the touchacreen...

5. CaptLudd

CaptLudd Well-Known Member

May 1, 2013
    I have a griffin survivor on my mini and there is some degrading of sensitivity i am sure but i never used it without so couldnt sayfor sure, but i wouldnt say it sucks. I use it for gaming everyday, typing is no problem. I take it to work and the dust resistance is crucial for me, and i like not having to worry about scratching my screen. Also note that most if not all items like lens additions or other stuff like that would not be convienient since getting this out is a chore. iMHO