Universal Sunday Lawn Seasons (By Donut Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Nov 13, 2013.

1. DonutGames

DonutGames Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Jul 12, 2009
    Indie Game Developer
    #21 DonutGames, Nov 14, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2013
    Promo codes, yay.... PLEASE TELL WHICH ONE YOU GRABBED!

#1. PMT4K37KW49L - Taken!
    #2. PT9JYWHP76K4 - Taken!
    #3. L9HRM637KYNF
    #4. RYF7MEKMFEM3
    #5. EX799PFYXF94 - Taken!
    #6. 69MM96AMPYHJ
    #7. WREYJLXTWTEL
    #8. KY6EEYNFP7TY - Taken!
    #9. H37XJ4X3MHXL - Taken!
    10. YWKTR46N69XK - Taken!

Enjoy! :)

2. lieb83

lieb83 New Member

Nov 6, 2013
    I just got #8!!!!

Thank you very much!!

3. SyDragon

SyDragon Active Member

Dec 14, 2012
    Took EX799PFYXF94. Thanks!

4. sink_or_swim

sink_or_swim Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    I took #10, thank you :)

5. IDE

IDE Well-Known Member

Used H37XJ4X3MHXL
    Thank you!

6. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Am I missing something here?

Obviously, you want to create the longest path possible. However, the path creation is done in real time with swipe. So, if you mistimed a swipe, you could put yourself into a non-winning position (to score 3 stars). Is this supposed to be this way?

7. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    Wasn't expecting codes... :D

Took#1, PMT4K37KW49L

Thanks. This just made my day.

8. DonutGames

Patreon Indie

Jul 12, 2009
    Indie Game Developer
    @y2kmp3: Yup! Clear the level any way you want = 1 star (+ unlock the next level)

Perfect streaks, usually the entire level (or the majority of it) in one go = 3 stars.

2 stars is something in between.

And yeah, it's DIFFICULT! :eek:

9. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Used PT9JYWHP76K4 which was marked as taken, sometimes it pays to check. Thanks Donut Games for yet another gem! Cant get enough!

10. DonutGames

Patreon Indie

Jul 12, 2009
    Indie Game Developer
    Accidentally marked #2 as taken instead of #1, but hey, that left a promo for you.... Good catch :D
    And thanks for your comments. :)

Daniel

11. Balders

Balders Member

Nov 16, 2013
    Really like Ola's cute and tidy art style.

Not only does it have a nice 16-bit era feel in general, but there's a distinctive Amiga flavour that reminds me of some of the colourful pixel work on that platform by artists such as Chris Sorrell and Rob Levy.

Love it.

12. Lazer Kat

Lazer Kat Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2013
    The controls don't feel intuitive. When playing Nible Quest, for example, the charecter can maneuver very quickly and easily. This doesn't feel nearly as good.

I don't like this game at all, but for some reason I just keep playing it, and playing it, and playing it. Maybe I do like it. Idk.

13. krolis

krolis Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2011
    PhD student
    Lausanne, Suisse
    Hello everyone!
    The game is been reviewed on Russian website AppStudio.org. Also there is a drawing of codes going on there.
    If you would like to participate (and get the SL Seasons for free!), be sure to head over to this page and participate. The answer to the task you can send to me by TA private mail. Be quick, codes won't last long! First people will get the codes!
    The task is:
    In the 4 listed pictures (bottom part of the review) you need to find the longest way starting from the red square. You are only allowed to go in the directions: left, right, up, down. No diagonal moves, no moves twice from to the same square. Like Sunday Lawn rules, no more :)
    As an answer, be sure to count the number of squares which didn't get into the longest line, and then assemble the number XYZQ, where X, Y, Z, and Q are the number of missed squares in 4 respective pictures!
    The page address is: http://bit.ly/AS_SLS

14. RoundPiplup

RoundPiplup Active Member

Sep 3, 2013
    I really like this game, and I am still trying to buy all of them. However, I found that some games lacks the full screen for iPad or iPhone. Basically, I really do like playing in full screen through.

Also, I know IAP usually decreases ratings. Some things like...
    IAP blocking access to levels
    IAP blocking access to modes

Basically, you know what I mean. But the IAP you placed in this game seems good for now. Putting too much IAP or putting unfair IAP would ruin the game. It's just a warning in my opinion. I'm not really blocking you from doing it.

15. nightc1

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    Not sure if the dev still checks for updates to this thread... Maybe I'll send an email later. Anyway, I want to love this game but the controls get on my last nerve. Touch swiping doesn't feel very precise for changing direction withou hitkg a wall first. Arrow controls are laid out in such an I intuitive way that its hard to adapt. Any chance the game (and the original) could be updated with a basic d-pad? Traps N Gemstones is just so polished with the controls in mind that its really hard to go back to this. Same for Gold Miner Joe. Would love something closer to Traps. Now that would be great.

16. DonutGames

Patreon Indie

Jul 12, 2009
    Indie Game Developer
    I don't think the controls from Traps (which we are very happy with) are directly transferable to other games, e.g. Gold Miner Joe, basically because the gameplay in Traps was designed particularly with the d-pad in mind.
    Whereas Gold Miner Joe is originally a game from our PC/Mac era, with keyboard (cursor keys + ctrl + shift + space) and joypads in mind.

I'm not sure the placement used in Traps (the up + down arrows in a horizontal row) would feel natural for all the ladder climbing in GMJ.

We will, however, update GMJ and both Sunday Lawn games with MFi controller support, which will suit these games perfect.

17. nightc1

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    Won't really help me with iOS 6.1.3 on a 4S to have MFi support... but I guess it's something some people will appreciate.

Really, if the buttons could be moveable in these games, then I could just arrange them how I'd find them most useful and there'd be really no room for complaining. It's just odd jumping side to side with the button controls in this game rather than just using a single right thumb and being able to easily change directions like most every other game out there with a virtual d-pad.

I know that's asking a lot... but hey as a thanks for all the great games I bought Castle Smasher & Bricks of Camelot. SO that brings the total owned to 21 games!

18. DonutGames

Patreon Indie

Jul 12, 2009
    Indie Game Developer
    MFi support

MFi support added in today's update, along with iPhone 6 compatibility.

19. DonutGames

Patreon Indie

Jul 12, 2009
    Indie Game Developer
    Christmas Update 2015

Just wanted to let you guys in here know a little in advance... Sunday Lawn Seasons will get a level update this winter holiday.

10 levels for each season, i.e. 30 new levels in total.

Daniel

20. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    Wow thanks didn't realize this game was still being supported. This game is awesome addictive fun and my kids enjoy it too. Donut games rocks!