Playstation Vita Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Haruhi, Dec 12, 2011.

1. LucianOrb

LucianOrb Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Brazil
    Shmups are one of the only cases where I sometimes prefer touch controls over physical sticks and buttons, but only for vertical ones. I think horizontal shmups such as Sine Mora play much better with sticks.

There are quite a few reviews for P4G already, nearly all stellar (metascore of 94!).

2. h0130j03

h0130j03 Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Thanks for the impressions guys. I'm sure Rockstar will make some games for the Vita eventually. I think I read somewhere they planned on releasing something for it.

3. tygamr

tygamr Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    They tweeted over a year ago that they had gotten Vita dev kits and were in the process of developing a game for the Vita or something like that.

4. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    I'm sure I'll get used to them. It's a gorgeous I game, in any event.

Thanks for the tip on P4G. I'll probably hold off for a couple of weeks (want to give AC:L a bit more of a chance), but I'll definitely pick it up soon.

5. h0130j03

h0130j03 Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Yep that's the one

6. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    I'm really pleased with the Firmware version 2 I'm convinced everything is faster now not only the browser.

I've been watching movies on the Vita the last few days and one of the things I noticed before the update was a my bluetooth Speaker was slightly out of sync and pretty much useless with the Vita although it always worked fine with my phone.

Tried it again and everything syncs up perfectly, it's actually working well enough that it has made me reconsider buying a Nexus 7 I think between the vita and my Phone I've all bases covered.

Basicly I think the update has turned the Vita into a much better device all round it actually feels like a quadcore now.

7. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Now to sell my black one. :)

[​IMG]

8. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

Looks like if they ever make a PS Vita Slim or some other updated version of the Vita I may have to buy a white one. (that would stand out from all the black, sliver and dark red-black mobile devices, laptops, ... in my room.)

9. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    I'm so jealous right now... My black one feels dumb now :(

10. JeNeI

JeNeI Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Student
    Romania
    $179.99 deal from Amazon???

I've been debating wether to buy one,or buy a iPad 4/mini.But the Black Friday deal was a BEST-BUY deal.I have every device of mine in black (PS3,iPhone 4S,iPad 2,iPod touch 5,my monitor,TV,but only this will be white one :D )

I bought Uncharted : GA and Most Wanted for it.SO for only ~$274 I got the White Limited PS Vita,4GB memory card,AC 3 : L,Uncharted,Most Wanted,and today I got an email from Amazon that as a gift for my purchase they gave me Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale and 3 months of PS+ service (3x1 month code) FOR FREE.How sweet from Amazon.

Did you got this email from them,or you bought from somewhere else?

11. S.I.D. CrAzY

May 16, 2009
    Yep same deal from Amazon, already got my codes.

You get Uncharted for free off PS Plus, should have bought something else.

12. JeNeI

JeNeI Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Student
    Romania
    I like material stuff's better over digital ones,and only have a 4GB memory card.So I don't regret buying it.

P.S.The exam session comes in end of January so better safe than sorry,I have my copy :D

13. S.I.D. CrAzY

May 16, 2009
    Ahh okay, yeah that's a good point. I also prefer physical over digital(most of the time).

14. zeonmx

zeonmx Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2011
    I got the Ass Creed bundle for 150 bucks.

15. That Amazon bundle was as good as it gets. I'm sticking to my launch 3G/Wifi model until at least the next hardware revision though.

16. Teknikal

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    Same I've no problem with my black Vita it would take some serious improvements for me to upgrade before the battery eventually goes.

I'm just hoping they never try to cut prices by using an LCD the OLED screen is still my favourite thing about the Vita.

17. darkhorse

darkhorse Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2009
    I took advantage of that Amazon BF Ass creed bundle as well. Was ready to go to Gamestop and pick up a bundle for $200 but decided to google search and surely enough, $179.99 deal through Amazon. Picked up Lumines ES for 16 bucks as I liked Lumines on the PSP. Persona 4 Golden looks like a future purchase too.

Now to find some deals on dat 32GB card...

18. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

Got myself the Vanilla PS Vita over the Weekend (Amazon) for €169 and currently waiting for it to get finally shipped. I`m currently overall very unsure which Game I`ll give a go and which not.

Thankfully Amazon was so friendly to sent me an Copy of Little Big Planet for Free over so I guess the first few Weeks I`ll play through all Demos on the PS Network and after that through Little Big Planet.

I`m currently eager to probably get myself an new Xbox 360/PS3 too since Games like Fez/Journey aren`t making it easy to don`t just smash the Buy Button when Amazon throws another Sale but so far they had only the small once on Sale and I`m totally unsure if an Xbox 360 with 4 GB/Playstation 3 Slim with 12GB is nowadays enough or if I shouldn`t aim for the bigger 320 GB/320 GB Models since I probably will go and play more Indie Games then those you have to buy on the Store.

19. Teknikal

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    Now I'm a little jealous I've to wait till next month I think for WRC3 and next year for Persona 4 for EU release. It's a bit annoying the only two games I'm interested in are finished and not available here yet.

I'd agree also in avoiding anything by Nihilistic although I think Resistance is ok if you can get it for a cheap price it is the worst game I own though.

20. I'd recommend a PS+ subscription to all Vita owners. The fact that it's more of a rental service may be a turn-off for some people, but its $50 a year fee is more than fair for such a great selection IMO.